You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

I would give Yossi a run there and tell him to keep his place he will have to keep the width. If it doesn't work out, give Kuyt some more chances, but anyway make them fight for it. Babel is dead to me now.

Noooo. Remember his performance last week. He's not good enough for a top four team, neither is Kuyt. I don't know where we go but Benayoun isn't the answer

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dossena was okay at best. Got forward well but they offered very little to keep him occupied. Did okay with the ball, but then you'd expect that from a £7m full-back. His crossing was inconsistent and he had nothing to do defensively - almost nothing.

Arshavin is another central player, we don't need that. He's not as good as Gerrard and too good to sit on the bench. If there is any position in the squad screaming it's head off to be addressed it's the right wing, and it has been ever since we tried to offload Macca to Barcelona to be honest.

MAXI RODRIGUEZ

Dossena was okay at best. Got forward well but they offered very little to keep him occupied. Did okay with the ball, but then you'd expect that from a £7m full-back. His crossing was inconsistent and he had nothing to do defensively - almost nothing.

Where will you get a cheaper left back. Its a fairly expensive position IMO Dossena's last few performances have been decent.

Has Wallcott signed a new contract yet? 400 thou would be sweet.

Don't know what Walcott's contract situation is, but, personally, I would prefer Arshavin. He is an extraordinary talent and would guarantee that we would be far more creative side than we currently are.

Noooo. Remember his performance last week. He's not good enough for a top four team, neither is Kuyt. I don't know where we go but Benayoun isn't the answer

Yossi is a great little player, but when he goes missing, he really goes missing. Kuyt well at least his first touch is as good as a tackle!

I thought we were very poor in the first half. Everton were even denied a stonewall penalty. We didn't get going after they scored either.

The 2nd half was much better, and I thought we deserved to win after that. They had nothing after the break and we had several good chances. Especially the one Kuyt blew springs to mind.

What the fuck is with Kuyt's first touch?

QUOTE]

If you watch the early season his forst touch was excellent. It's a barometer of his form honestly. And it's at a low point at present.

He is tired, its obvious.

I don't think he's the answer either, but my main point is to get some competition for that place. With the squad we have no-one should be a cert there.

MAXI RODRIGUEZ

I'd take that, yeah.

Don't know what Walcott's contract situation is, but, personally, I would prefer Arshavin. He is an extraordinary talent and would guarantee that we would be far more creative side than we currently are.

But we don't need anyone in the center.

Arshavin is another central player, we don't need that. He's not as good as Gerrard and too good to sit on the bench. If there is any position in the squad screaming it's head off to be addressed it's the right wing, and it has been ever since we tried to offload Macca to Barcelona to be honest.

Arshavin can play in the Zola/Bergkamp role - that's what we're badly missing at the moment. Creativity through the middle. We're also missing quality from the right wing, but moving Gerrard out there to accommodate Arshavin or similar would definitely bring about a huge improvement imo

Where will you get a cheaper left back. Its a fairly expensive position IMO Dossena's last few performances have been decent.

I think it's possible to pick up a better full-back than Dossena for less money than £7m. I wasn't being critical of him, but I do think that a game against a side that did nothing to test him defensively is not a good judge of whether he can adequately play that position longer-term. I've seen nothing yet to suggest that he can.

400 thou though? Great addition for the right IMO.

Arshavin can play in the Zola/Bergkamp role - that's what we're badly missing at the moment. Creativity through the middle. We're also missing quality from the right wing, but moving Gerrard out there to accommodate Arshavin or similar would definitely bring about a huge improvement imo

Have to disagree mate, I wouldn't swap Gerrard for anyone and I wouldn't stifle his game for anyone either. It's a myth that his best season came playing out on the right, he finds it harder to influence the game from out there and most of his goals that season were scored when he was playing central. If we want to win silverware this or any year we have to have Gerrard playing just behind Torres with the freedom to roam wherever he wants. It's non-negotiable for me.

But we don't need anyone in the center.

I think we do. Gerrard wants to be on the ball the whole time, and thank fuck for that because he is the best player with the ball that we have. He goes all over the pitch to find it. Arshavin sitting in and around Torres would, I think, substantially improve our attacking options.

I think it's possible to pick up a better full-back than Dossena for less money than £7m. I wasn't being critical of him, but I do think that a game against a side that did nothing to test him defensively is not a good judge of whether he can adequately play that position longer-term. I've seen nothing yet to suggest that he can.

I have no doubt that if he gets chance he will be a key player before the end of the season.