You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Babel is shite because he is been asked to play left midfield instead of left forward.

Them extra 20 yards further back he is playing must be fucking him up then.

There i was thinking it was because he is a lazy twat with zero fight in him who almost refused to jump or challenge for any ball.

Sadly I must concur. And when he did interchange with Nando and move into the forward position he was no better.

Just got in.

I would like to say that nothing that happened today changed my opinion on anything, we are still shite, Rafa has no balls, and Babel is the biggest let down of a footballer since Diouf and for fucks sake, Torres upfront on his own v Everton, at Home? We are going to get vigorously bum fucked at Goodison.

Regardless what people think of Keane, he should have been in that squad today.

The players, the owners and Benitez need their fucking head bashed together. Apart from Gerrard, who actually is fucking boss.

Just got in.

I would like to say that nothing that happened today changed my opinion on anything, we are still shite, Rafa has no balls, and Babel is the biggest let down of a footballer since Diouf and for fucks sake, Torres upfront on his own v Everton, at Home? We are going to get vigorously bum fucked at Goodison.

Regardless what people think of Keane, he should have been in that squad today.

The players, the owners and Benitez need their fucking head bashed together. Apart from Gerrard, who actually is fucking boss.

Maybe playing 1 up front allows Gerrard to play in the hole which is where most of modern football's greats do their damage.....?

Maybe playing 1 up front allows Gerrard to play in the hole which is where most of modern football's greats do their damage.....?

It's a good tactic away, but a shithouse one at home, especially with the largely shit and lazy Ryan Babel, and the man who works harder than all the team put together, but actually can't do fuck all on the right hand side in domestic competition, but still gets played there, Dirk Kuyt.

So fucking pissed off.

I don't think Gerrard/Torres is a bad combination at home or away, but I wish we had more men in the box at times. I know I may take some flack for this, but I don't even think Dirk worked that hard today either until a 10 minute period after the goal. For all his huffing and puffing, he lost the ball a shit load of times and barely chased back.

Surely it can't be good for his confidence either? He must know that he isn't half the player he was in Holland, or in his first few months here.

It's a good tactic away, but a shithouse one at home, especially with the largely shit and lazy Ryan Babel, and the man who works harder than all the team put together, but actually can't do fuck all on the right hand side in domestic competition, but still gets played there, Dirk Kuyt.

So fucking pissed off.

The team that was out there was pretty much the set up most people had been asking for, and had all parts of it functioned we'd have won at a canter. In the first half not enough players got into the box, but once Rafa had put a bomb up their arse, in the second they did.

We had three gilt-edged chances to win the game - Gerrard, Kuyt, and Nando. They didn't take them, we didn't win. And the way Babel played we may as well have played with ten men.

There was nothing shithouse about the lineup, or the tactics.

This arguing thing is going round and round in circles and not doing anyone any good. One the one hand you have the anti-Rafa brigade and on the other the pro-Rafa brigade who both vie for bragging rights after each game. Nobody seems to want to shift to the middle ground do they? Everybody forgets that we are all reds and it's ok to have an opinion whatever that is.

A few things are clear from this game, Babel won't cut it here and whether thats because Rafa hasn't a clue how to use him, or he hasn't a clue how to play at a big club, or he is just plain shit, or simply that it "hasn't worked" out it doesn't matter - he won't make it here under the current manager.

On the subject of Kuyt, it is obvious that he is a mainstay of the team and does a lot of work that Rafa needs, work that many of us don't seem to see. Rafa sees it and appreciates it so lay off him, it's not his fault. He is a bloody hard working footballer who gives a fuck about us. He will always be in the team with the current manager end of story.

Finally, since when has it been a disgrace to draw in a derby? Didn't Man City beat United twice last season? Lets get real eh, oh and please lets have some middle ground.

Simple answer: we didn't. We were marking zonally, but Cahill crept in from off the pitch and sauntered up behind all our players because no-one was even looking in his direction. If we had a man on him he wouldn't have got a free header. He's one of the few players we face who probably merits a departure from our usual system, whereby we should mark zonally but have a man on Cahill. We didn't learn from Monday night and it cost us.

Looked man to man to me. Certainly sloppy if it was zonal.

Not surprised by what happened today.

4-4-1-2 does work, not with the following:

Torres not 100% fit

Babel doing fuck all.

Dirk doing everything, apart from what matters.

Still think we should have won the game though and we seemed to pull the reigns after we scored, not as badly as on Monday night though.

Hope we fuck them up at the pit.

A few things are clear from this game, Babel won't cut it here and whether thats because Rafa hasn't a clue how to use him, or he hasn't a clue how to play at a big club, or he is just plain shit, or simply that it "hasn't worked" out it doesn't matter

None of the above. He has the ability, but he doesn't have the attitude to be a footballer at the top level. Maybe a rapper, although from what I've seen he's got the attitude for that but not the ability ...

Guest Dog Chaser

Castillo for them put in one of the worst individual performances i have ever seen, he gave the ball away everytime and kicked the ball off the pitch numerous times.

Was very dissapointed with Babel again today, glad to have Carra back in the centre.

None of the above. He has the ability, but he doesn't have the attitude to be a footballer at the top level. Maybe a rapper, although from what I've seen he's got the attitude for that but not the ability ...

I don't think the manager has got the best out of him, and I don't think he helps himself with his laid back attitude and shit mentality. All in all it hasn't worked here and its down to the manager to get the best out of the players he signs I think is fair to say. He plays well enough for Holland (at the highest level) and did so for Ajax so the truth is somewhere in Melwood. I am inclined to believe he might be another Heskey, can be great, but mainly shite.

I don't think the manager has got the best out of him, and I don't think he helps himself with his laid back attitude and shit mentality. All in all it hasn't worked here and its down to the manager to get the best out of the players he signs I think is fair to say. He plays well enough for Holland (at the highest level) and did so for Ajax so the truth is somewhere in Melwood. I am inclined to believe he might be another Heskey, can be great, but mainly shite.

Playing international football is not the highest level, it's nowhere near. You're talking about teams who get about ten days a year training together at best. As for Dutch football these days, don't get me started ...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. He doesn't want to apply himself, he could have Jesus, Maradona and Rinus Michels as a coaching team and he'd still not give a shit.

I said it earlier in the thread: Babel is dead to me.

This arguing thing is going round and round in circles and not doing anyone any good. One the one hand you have the anti-Rafa brigade and on the other the pro-Rafa brigade who both vie for bragging rights after each game. Nobody seems to want to shift to the middle ground do they? Everybody forgets that we are all reds and it's ok to have an opinion whatever that is.

A few things are clear from this game, Babel won't cut it here and whether thats because Rafa hasn't a clue how to use him, or he hasn't a clue how to play at a big club, or he is just plain shit, or simply that it "hasn't worked" out it doesn't matter - he won't make it here under the current manager.

On the subject of Kuyt, it is obvious that he is a mainstay of the team and does a lot of work that Rafa needs, work that many of us don't seem to see. Rafa sees it and appreciates it so lay off him, it's not his fault. He is a bloody hard working footballer who gives a fuck about us. He will always be in the team with the current manager end of story.

Finally, since when has it been a disgrace to draw in a derby? Didn't Man City beat United twice last season? Lets get real eh, oh and please lets have some middle ground.

Good objective post, but you have to realise that there are very few real supporters on here - they are mainly a load of whingers who know very little about Liverpool and the "Liverpool Way" or even football in general. You are wasting your time being sensible with them.

I'm afraid that the type of genuine supporter that was brought up with the old Boot Room and its values is vanishing very fast and being replaced by the idiots you find on forums like this one - so-called "Reds" who do little else but revel in bad results, and better still, bad individual performances so that they can crucify individual Liverpool players. They make genuine "Reds" want to puke!!:wallbutt:

Disappointing result again, especially when so many of the BS's players are out injured yet we had our strongest team out there. We should forfeit the replay, give it to the BS and concentrate on the league and CL. With the ridiculous number of games coming up in such a short space of time, another draining derby is not what we need.

Play the reserves in the replay, rest the key players for the really important games coming up.

I don't think Gerrard/Torres is a bad combination at home or away, but I wish we had more men in the box at times. .

I think that's it really. The formation we play isn't inherently a negative one (that's just lazy thinking). The movement and the final ball is lacking from everyone apart from Gerrard and Torres.