You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the replay, we should play it like them - completely negative, and look to nick it on a rare chance. What do THEY have to counter that?

They are actually a danger on set plays.

Much better performance than last week.

Still could be so much better. Imagine having actual players on the flanks with all the ball we see? For that reason Riera should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Our play though is still a bit slow, we aren't committing to going forward until all 10 men on the opposition are firmly camped in their third. And with players like Dirk huffing and puffing, Babel lacking a clue, we're going to have problems playing our way through that.

Can't think of a side considered one of the best in Europe that has such a grafter seemingly a mainstay in their side.

Riera and Yossi it would be on the wings now for a few games for me. Won't hold my breath.

Excellent - another draw at home and another fixture.

You can bang on about being negative but I bet there would be less negativity if the performance was better. A draw, well fuck it, it's the quality of the performance that counts and that was not a performance again. Something not right, I hope it's winter blues but Rafa failing to extract performances from these players.

Well, we were the better team, that's no doubt, and the performance was far better than what we saw on Monday. Everton did defend very well but we seemed to rely far too much on balls played across the defence from out wide but look like we don't know how to react when we get the ball in those positions.

The few times we went down the middle and tried to use guile to get through them, I thought we looked much more likely to score. We didn't do it often enough though, but the goal certainly resulted from clever play around the centre of the box.

Defending was again worryingly poor for their goal. Particularly worrying after being given a clear warning on Monday about how they play those set pieces. Our ability to keep clean sheets seems to have deserted us and we're paying the price.

They had 1 effort all game and that went in.We totally out played them.Kuyt should of scored,I have supported Kuyt but I have to admit he is simply not good enough.

He gives 110% a game but he isnt on the same level or take anywere near the chances he has to score.

Babel is another,but in his case its worse.The guy has the talent but dosent use it.

With regard to Dirk, who else can we play in that position?

Pennant beat his man every now and then but his delivery left a lot to be desired and Carra was a bigger goal threat. He's with a club better suited to his talents now.

Benayoun drifts into the middle.

Babel hasn't taken the initiative when he's been put there.

Gerrard would be as brilliant as he is every where else but then that'd leave a gap elsewhere.

Dirk's been poor lately but he was impressive there at the start of the season.

It's probably a position we should have looked at in the summer, but nothing we can do about that now.

Just had me cup of tea to calm down. But it would take more than a cup of tea to make me believe that Babel has any sort of future with us. I'm sure he's got skill etc etc but he has no footballing brain and no bottle. Get rid!! As for Kuyt, hard working, has a football brain and has bottle but no spark, no creation, squad at best. Of other whipping boys thought Dossena was not too bad...time for more tea

A lack of inspiration there. Maybe we should look at swapping Babel, Kuyt and Benayoun for Arshavin. I'm sure we'd be better off.

He's available and he is, in my view, a player that would guarantee an improvement in our level of performance. There aren't many of them around. He would transform our attacking options and if he is really available for around £14m then that is very good value.

Kuyt played a Kuyt game. He did give the ball away a lot, stunted a lot of our attacking play, but he actually won it back once. Babel did about as much as Kuyt, but I wish the easiest chance of the game had fallen to Babel (or anyone else) instead of Kuyt. That cost the team a night off.

I hope Rafa's myopia is cured before too long - playing Kuyt is costing us points in the league and progression in the cup. He should be doing what's good for the team.

Dossena played well, and Mascherano played better than he has done for a while.

He's available and he is, in my view, a player that would guarantee an improvement in our level of performance. There aren't many of them around. He would transform our attacking options and if he is really available for around £14m then that is very good value.

Has Wallcott signed a new contract yet? 400 thou would be sweet.

Arshavin is another central player, we don't need that. He's not as good as Gerrard and too good to sit on the bench. If there is any position in the squad screaming it's head off to be addressed it's the right wing, and it has been ever since we tried to offload Macca to Barcelona to be honest.

That was Arsenals final offer they want 20.