You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's software Nick. TLW uses vBulletin, but there are loads of others like PHP Nuke, phpBB etc. Try googling it.

Thanks again

Anyone have any recomendations as what it best to use

Basically for SEO purpose and need to build a Forum and Blog for my website to help achieve getting into the top 10 in google, were currently 28 out of 9million search

Any advice or help would be most welcome

Thanks again

Anyone have any recomendations as what it best to use

Basically for SEO purpose and need to build a Forum and Blog for my website to help achieve getting into the top 10 in google, were currently 28 out of 9million search

Any advice or help would be most welcome

The Homer Simpson boxer shorts-wearers of the Techy Nerd Forum will be far better equipped to offer you advice. I am but a mere wumman, with a pea-brain.

It converts dynamic pages (like these) into static html pages, which are far more search-engine friendly.

Interesting... I'm assuming the optimizer is built into vbulletin? Could it / shouldn't it be built into the search engines themselves? Or would it slow them down too much?

Thanks

One other question does anyone know if there is a forum template you can buy or do you have to get an internet person to build you a forum from scratch

I'm with Zen (my ISP), who are fairly business minded, and they have ready made forums (and lots of other bolt-on stuff) for you which aren't that difficult to set up.

Interesting... I'm assuming the optimizer is built into vbulletin? Could it / shouldn't it be built into the search engines themselves? Or would it slow them down too much?

I think it's a plug-in, I don't really know anything about it. The search engines wouldn't do it themselves. It's like them saying "Hey! Come and let us cheat you up our rankings. We'll even change your URLs from a load of gobbledeegook to something resembling your thread titles, so our spiders think they're content-relevant".

I think it's a plug-in, I don't really know anything about it. The search engines wouldn't do it themselves. It's like them saying "Hey! Come and let us cheat you up our rankings. We'll even change your URLs from a load of gobbledeegook to something resembling your thread titles, so our spiders think they're content-relevant".

You make me love you even more when you talk clever; especially when you come from Birkenhead.:drool:

You make me love you even more when you talk clever; especially when you come from Birkenhead.:drool:

I've been called some pretty horrid things on here over the past couple of years, but saying I'm from Birkenhead is below the belt. I am not from Birkenhead. I live about 7 miles from Birkenhead. In fact, you probably live closer to Birkenhead than I do.

I've been called some pretty horrid things on here over the past couple of years, but saying I'm from Birkenhead is below the belt. I am not from Birkenhead. I live about 7 miles from Birkenhead. In fact, you probably live closer to Birkenhead than I do.

I'm so sorry about saying you lived in Birkenhead Liz. Its just that all us over here think the Wirral is Birkenhead.

I'm goint past Birkenhead towards North Wales tonight. Do you want A "Booty Call". (Or whatever you desperate ladies call it!)