You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyts work rate big fuckin deal

JMARKH

Ok, here's the thing. Kuyt was shit for the vast majority of last night. Not just rusty, a bit poor, but really fucking dreadful, barely recognisable as a professional sportsman. I know that, but I can also see the qualities he brings. One of them is total team spirit and unconditional commitment to the cause, and it won us the game.

actually I think you're being a bit harsh on him there.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true he lacks the "control, pace and ability to play there" how do you explain Dirk playing on the right for Holland, in preference to Robben, on a regular basis?

Well for a start i thought robben was a left winger and Dirk was dropped from squad but regained place in time for Euros. Kuyt was the first player who holland where taking off in the euros as van basten knew he couldn't change games. Robben was also unfit, but their is no way on gods green earth that kuyt is in the same class as Robben.

If it's true he lacks the "control, pace and ability to play there" how do you explain Dirk playing on the right for Holland, in preference to Robben, on a regular basis?

Because I believe Van Basten picked him for his workrate as well......

Holland have plenty of flair players all over the pitch, we don't.

Robben, cunt as he was at Chelsea, is the very type of player we desperately need on the wing right now.

The problem is, if the shortcomings are still evident after every game, people are going to comment on them after every game. That's how the forum works. If Kuyt or anyone else has a great game, we'll hear about it too.

I find it bizarre that minutes after scoring a goal that puts us into the CL, he is getting slagged off. Maybe the next day you can be talking about that, but seconds after his grit and determination gets us a goal is just odd in my opinion. If thats how a forum works, then fair enough, but it isn't something I want to be a part of.

Ok, here's the thing. Kuyt was shit for the vast majority of last night. Not just rusty, a bit poor, but really fucking dreadful, barely recognisable as a professional sportsman. I know that, but I can also see the qualities he brings. One of them is total team spirit and unconditional commitment to the cause, and it won us the game.

Total team spirit and unconditional commitment to the cause are his great qualites but that alone isn't enough I'm afraid, my gripe is the amount of starts he gets and will get, I haven't once said he should be bombed out the squad.

Probably, though it works the other way too. He's had plenty of really terrible games on here, and people have praised his contribution or had him as man of the match. That's what annoys people like me, who understand what he brings, but just don't think it's anywhere near good enough for a Liverpool player. People are so smitten with the 'idea' of Dirk that they can't judge his performances objectively.

There are extremes on both sides. There are plenty who can give him no credit whatsoever.

Dirk was poor last night, in terms of his ball control and passing, but on atleast five or six occasions he came inside and dragged Liege's left back with him, only to see no one running into the space that he had just created - and so he had to play it back to where it came from, only to then hear shouts of 'Fucking play it forwards Kuyt' from every Dirk-hater in Anfield.

Rafa plays Dirk on the right of midfield (instead of up front) for defensive reasons imo; but Dirk knows he hasn't got the pace to beat people when he plays out wide, so he has to move around to try and create space for others instead (funnily enough, the people who want Dirk out of the team are the same people complaining that there's no movement up front). His only option besides creating space for others is to try and beat full backs and put in crosses, which just isn't his game.

Anyway, what is DKURF and where do I sign?

Guest TK-421
Total team spirit and unconditional commitment to the cause are his great qualites but that alone isn't enough I'm afraid

It was enough last night.

I've said my piece.

Because I believe Van Basten picked him for his workrate as well......

Holland have plenty of flair players all over the pitch, we don't.

Robben, cunt as he was at Chelsea, is the very type of player we desperately need on the wing right now.

We need a player like Robben, but someone who can stay fit for more than a month before being injrued again. He will end up being Madrids version of Kewell.

I find it bizarre that minutes after scoring a goal that puts us into the CL, he is getting slagged off. Maybe the next day you can be talking about that, but seconds after his grit and determination gets us a goal is just odd in my opinion. If thats how a forum works, then fair enough, but it isn't something I want to be a part of.

Actually he was getting slagged off all through the game as far as I could tell (though not by me). I actually praised him on the forum after the game and made absolutely no comment about his performance, as I felt that would be churlish - that was until someone posted one of his silly posts about Kuyt playing well after El Zhar came on. That was plainly wrong, and so I replied that he didn't play well after El Zhar came on. If people are allowed to spout shite about Kuyt being the second coming, then I guess others should be allowed to spout shite about him being crap all the time.

Saw a clip on sky sports news before about rafa praising kuyts work rate, it really pisses me off, maybe he wouldn't have to work so fuckin hard if he could keep the ball under control or was any good at beating a man with some pace or trickery. He is not needed to start when we are playing against teams who are inferior to us (about 90% of the time) and want to defend as he opens nothing up, yes he scored in the end last night but how long before his next goal? and surely if we had a better option on the right the game could have been won earlier, its like playing with ten men at times, he's had a few good games in the champions league mainly as a spoiler and therefore has cemented himself in some peoples folklore as a legend, maybe the same type of people who would have been happy for houllier to remain at the helm.

Not good enough at inside right, and so bad in a traditional right wing role that its scary.

It says a lot about the drop in standards that half this site now laud medicority, maybe its just because we haven't had a decent wide player in years. He routinely gave the ball away last night, made the wrong decisions and generally did nothing much in a creative sense, which is his job. Fair fucks to him for the goal and he ran around a lot, but if we serious about moving to the next level have to look at the bigger picture.

Not good enough at inside right, and so bad in a traditional right wing role that its scary.

It says a lot about the drop in standards that half this site now laud medicority, maybe its just because we haven't had a decent wide player in years. He routinely gave the ball away last night, made the wrong decisions and generally did nothing much in a creative sense, which is his job. Fair fucks to him for the goal and he ran around a lot, but if we serious about moving to the next level have to look at the bigger picture.

I got negged to fuck for posting that so ye I know what you mean, at most kuyt is a useful squad man but Rafa will probably have him down as first name on the team sheet and continue to bring off keane before him.

Other than when he scored the goal he was poor last night but that goes for quite alot of players on the pitch who were well below par last night, Babel being another he was shocking last night and also poor on saturday against Boro when he came on, Gerrard was walking around in Extra Time rather than darting forward as usual which suggests he still isnt fully fit.

Dirk should have been brought off when Rafa put El Zhar on, how Rafa can justify taking off Keane to put Dirk upfront in his place is baffling, yes he scored the goal but hes not good enough and his first touch is dreadful.

Ive been one of his biggest fans and in Europe he does alot better than in the league but he offers very little on the right, he is not the answer and neither is Yossi, if we have these two on the wings all season then there will be more frustrating nights like this in front of us, we are too compact in the center and I cant see where the goals are going to come from because Torres and Keane simply have no room because of the amount of players playing down the middle.

The only positive to come of the game was Skrtel's performance, I thought he was superb.

Great point

am i going thru the whole squad? use your half a brain or your quarter of one. Ye for having an opinion gobshite, pedantic cunt, using gay words like worra, your the cocknob, bellend and a fucking cunt, getting other people to neg, your a fuckin prick and a tosspot bellend

You've got Problems... mental problems.

I got negged to fuck for posting that so ye I know what you mean, at most kuyt is a useful squad man but Rafa will probably have him down as first name on the team sheet and continue to bring off keane before him.

You got negged to fuck for starting yet another Kuyt thread, I would think. Not because of your opinion on the man himself.

Its Kuyt fatigue.