You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyts work rate big fuckin deal

JMARKH

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Behave Kaizer , it was a very difficult chance. I was up in arms when he was taken off , was capable of winning us the game.

I think he made it difficult and should have done a lot better.

He should not have been taken off though, I agree with that, our substitutions today were mind blowing.

I was raised with the belief that if a player gives his all you can't ask anymore.

You certainly dont say 'big fuckin deal'. It shows a lack of respect for the player and his attitude.

Craig Johnstone wasn't the most giftted player in the world nor was Ray Houghton or Sammy Lee or Jimmy Case or bloody loads of players - they all played right midfield - they all worked their knackers off and contributed graft more than goals and they were all top players for this club. Kuyt if anything is following in a tradition of hardworking right midfielders who play for the team. Your point about 'onus' is bollocks.

What we don't have at the moment is a gifted left sided player than can exploit the solid right hand side - again that was traditional whether it was peter thompson , stevie heighway or john barnes.........

so stop yer yapping

my point about onus is bollocks? what planet are you from? so why is is not the onus of an attacking player to be creative and score goals?

Rafa suffering from Houllieresque delusions of blandeur?

Rafa's latest glowing review of Dirk Kuyt proves that his blind faith in the staggeringly ineffective 'attacker' shows no sign of abating, which is bad news for Liverpool fans everywhere.

Gerard Houllier had illogical blind faith in some of his most ineffective players, most notably Emile Heskey. *shudder*

Like Kuyt, Heskey's goal-threat seriously diminished over time to the extent that he became a liability to the attacking momentum and forward progress of the team.

Much to the chagrin of many fans, Houllier would defend Heskey at every opportunity and sing his praises in the press even when he was playing badly.

With his latest eulogy about Kuyt, Rafa seems to be suffering from the same blinkered favouritism as Houllier:

"He [Kuyt] is a very, very good player for any team or squad. He's a fantastic professional who can score goals, and his work rate is amazing”.

Aaaagh! If I have to hear the 'work rate' cliché one more time! So he runs 10 miles a game and has amazing stamina. BIG DEAL. Where is the end product? Kuyt is supposed to be an attacking player but what exactly does he bring to the team in an attacking capacity?

And I have to take issue with the 'can score goals' part. Kuyt can score goals?! That's news to me. His last premiership goal was on November 24th 2007.

27 games later and he's still drawing a blank, so when exactly are we going to see these fabled goals of which Rafa speaks so highly?

To be fair, Kuyt no longer plays as a striker but his creative return as a wide player is similarly negligible – 6 assists in the last 52 games.

According to Rafa, Kuyt is a player that “any manager would want in his squad”. Really? I guess that explains why every top manager in the world is busting a gut to try and sign this creative goalscoring wonder-player.

At least Rafa is honest about one thing when he says Kuyt is “always the same in every game”. Absolutely right – he is always the same bland, unexciting workaholic who carries no goal threat and brings nothing to Liverpool's attacking game.

I can understand Rafa trying to boost Kuyt's confidence ahead of the Standard Liege game but when is he going to wake up and realise that regularly playing Kuyt is detrimental to the progress of the team?!

I know it's not Kuyt's fault for being picked every week - and I apologise if it seems like I'm being too harsh on him - but there is no room for sentiment when it comes to football.

The plain fact is this: Kuyt is just not good enough. End of story. Rafa should accept this and get rid of him before he becomes a laughing stock for persisting with such a blatantly ineffective player.

The only reason that I can see for Rafa's allegiance to the creatively barren Kuyt is favouritism. As a comparison, look at Rafa's treatment of Peter Crouch. Compared with Kuyt, his creative return was OUTSTANDING, with a ratio of one goal scored/created every two games.

To the detriment of the team, Rafa repeatedly ignored Crouch and played Kuyt in his place when it was patently obvious that Crouch was the better option.

Why?

Favouritism, pure and simple.

Houllier was the same – he would ceaselessly defend his favourites and treat players he didn't like with contempt, even if the players he didn't like were more effective for the team.

With his appalling treatment of the likes of Crouch, John Arne Riise, Steve Finnan and Xabi Alonso, Rafa is going down the same path as Houllier, and the team is suffering – and will continue to suffer – as a result.

Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of football can see that Kuyt is NOT THE ANSWER to Liverpool's right midfield problem!

Alas, it seems depressingly clear that Rafa's enthusiasm for Dirk Kuyt is growing not fading, so we are faced with the galling prospect of having to endure Kuyt's peerless brand of headless chickenry for the foreseeable future.

God help us.

just seen this blog on the Liverpool Kop, very true indeed.

The plain fact is this: Kuyt is just not good enough. End of story.

Cutting edge analysis there, the old "simply not good enough" trump card.

Terrible article in my opinion which offers no insight whatsoever.

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay for slating Dirk. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those fucks who are slating Dirk, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob and Dirty Sanchez.

Every team needs work rate and fighting spirit against the big clubs in the prem, but against lesser sides i think we need something else. Look at man utd, they often play fletcher against the other "big 4" teams. Against teams we usually should beat we need someone who has better attacking abilities.

Guest The Chimp

I don't know if it's been said already - apologies if it has and I'm simply reiterating the point - but surely the minimal standard to be expected from each and every Liverpool player should be work rate, passion, and commitment. They shouldn't be a stand-out attributes, but the bare minimum expected surely?

Edit: Not a dig, simply an observation.

Idiotic statements by Benitez there. He's setting himself up saying things like 'any club would want him ' We'd be very lucky to get anywhere near our money back. We won't find out while Benitez is here, by the looks of it.

The best way Kuyt can start to turn around the non-believers is to turn in half a dozen premiership-level performances on the bounce, and make a key contribution.

Cutting edge analysis there, the old "simply not good enough" trump card.

Terrible article in my opinion which offers no insight whatsoever.

its not a terrible article at all, it offers all the insight one could expect on a run of the mill geoff horsfield/ steve howard type player

This is another favourite part:-

I can understand Rafa trying to boost Kuyt's confidence ahead of the Standard Liege game but when is he going to wake up and realise that regularly playing Kuyt is detrimental to the progress of the team?!

Hmm, so detrimental that his goal took us through.

Zero insight.

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay for slating Dirk. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those fucks who are slating Dirk, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob and Dirty Sanchez.

haha repped, for the use of a class quote in defending dirk.

In the (almost) words of Magnolia Fan...Fuck the Kuyt haters. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

earlier in the thread... way before this fool below me got in on the act!

haha repped, for the use of a class quote in defending dirk.

so where the fuck's mine huh?