You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fair play to Emile

thechap

Guest heropsychodreamer

I see some claim that the Mancs,Chelsea and Arsenal would have murdered Leicester. Well i saw the Chelasea- Leicester game on telly. Leicester caused Chelsea far more trouble than did to us. It took Chelsea a freak own goal to win the game, and Brian Deane hit the bar late on after both Rogers and Scimeca was sent off. They were inches away from a point.

The mancs rode their luck against the luckless Wolves. Henri Camara could on another day have scored four goals. While Arsenal needed a disputet penalty to save a point against Portsmouth.

My point is that we are not the only team to struggle against so called lesser opposition. Everytime we struggle someone claims that other teams would have outplayed them. The game against Leicester was by no mean vintage stuff, but a step in the right direction.

After the goal i didnt feel that we dropped back too much. I felt our problems started when the movement stopped, making it easier for Leicester to win the ball. It`s never easy to outplay a team that keeps nine players behind the ball even when one goal down.

[%sig%]

Agree with much that has been said - but I think to be fair you should look at Leicester - I think when we scored they thought they were going to be slaughtered ( I know I did) and I think they decided to shut up shop even more and that made it more difficult for us.

That said there were periods in the second half when we seemed to play in fits and starts - then Stevie G would rouse everyone.

Agree ALT needs more time to aclimatise to Anfield (the peace and quiet!!) hell he only got into two good scoring positions in his two minutes and thats only one more than one of our "strikers" managed in 90>