You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You cannot use logic against people who have a religious objection to abortion, by the very content of their argument they are putting their fingers in their ears to it.

It'd be funny if they weren't such a powerful influence of the most powerful nation in human history.

You cannot use logic against people who have a religious objection to abortion, by the very content of their argument they are putting their fingers in their ears to it.

It'd be funny if they weren't such a powerful influence of the most powerful nation in human history.

I have religous objection Stu. I believe that every life has been created for a reason and has a purpose in life.

I am not going to tell others that they shouldn't have abortions as it is their devine right to be able to do what the want with their bodies. Who is anyone else to tell them what to do.

Just because someone doest agree with something doesn't mean they're some nut job with a plaque shout sbuse at workers going to do their jobs.

There needs to be able to find a middle ground in life withe people on both sides of the fence being able to just agree on having different veiws regardless of the opposition believing they are right. Its called respect.

You cannot use logic against people who have a religious objection to abortion' date=' by the very content of their argument they are putting their fingers in their ears to it.

It'd be funny if they weren't such a powerful influence of the most powerful nation in human history.[/quote']

It reminds me of a comparison made between generally accepted views in the US and the UK in a recent celebrity journey round America thingy which suggested that in most things the cultural difference is about 5% but when it comes to the place of religion in people's lives that difference is 95%. It rang very true to me

I have religous objection Stu. I believe that every life has been created for a reason and has a purpose in life.

I am not going to tell others that they shouldn't have abortions as it is their devine right to be able to do what the want with their bodies. Who is anyone else to tell them what to do.

Just because someone doest agree with something doesn't mean they're some nut job with a plaque shout sbuse at workers going to do their jobs.

There needs to be able to find a middle ground in life withe people on both sides of the fence being able to just agree on having different veiws regardless of the opposition believing they are right. Its called respect.

No there doesn't.

When your missus is in hospital with something wrong with her remind me of your opinion so I can come in and debate with the doctor what we should do based on some bat-shit mental theory I have.

We'll meet somewhere in the middle and do that eh?

I respect people's rights to have any views they choose. I also respect the right to call them ludicrous and ensure they have no place in public policy, education or healthcare of a society.

You have every right to believe every species on the planet got on a boat built by one man. Other people have every right to mock you for holding suck patently retarded thoughts as truths. That's how far respect extends. Not to some middle ground of regressive thought.

Again religion is used as an argument when its really the age old reason of power, usually by men over women.

You cannot divorce religion and patriarchy. They are one and the same. This is why the most sexually equal countries on the planet are the least religious, and vice versa.

In general people who believe we were specially created are going to believe that a life is more sacred than someone who believes we are an accident' date=' no matter how much luck there was leading to that accident.[/quote']

Not necessarily. I do.not believe that we were created for a purpose but that does not stop me cherishing life, quite the opposite. Due to the 'one off' nature of life (if one doesn't believe in the afterlife) and the ridiculous chance that we are even here it could be argued that the non religious could cherish life to the maximum without being told to do so.

No there doesn't.

When your missus is in hospital with something wrong with her remind me of your opinion so I can come in and debate with the doctor what we should do based on some bat-shit mental theory I have.

I respect people's rights to have any views they choose. I also respect the right to call them ludicrous and ensure they have no place in public policy' date=' education or healthcare of a society.

You have every right to believe every species on the planet got on a boat built by one man. Other people have every right to mock you for holding suck patently retarded thoughts as truths. That's how far respect extends. Not to some middle ground of regressive thought.[/quote']

People also have every right to believe murder is murder and think that if you feel it's ok to kill one human but not another then that would be a little hypocritical.

I'm on my phone so apologies for the shit quoting....

------------------------------

What does this mean Stu? I'm lost to what you are implying.

I respect people's rights to have any views they choose. I also respect the right to call them ludicrous and ensure they have no place in public policy, education or healthcare of a society.

-------i------------------------

See I am just playing devils advocate here, what about the people who do vote for abortion to be banned? Surely as everyone has 'rights' they have the right to believe what they do? You don't decide what someone else can or cannot believe and hold as their beliefs. I am sure that there are people who are not from religous backgrounds who don't agree with abortion.

Not to some middle ground of regressive thought.

---------------------------------

Who is regressing? Abortion to be used in saving another life, I think I agree with, abortions because of abnormalities that mean the baby has absolutely no chance of surviving, yeah I think I agree too. But the fact remains the same. I believe that Life is sacred, I've stated that. That is my basis on why I disagree with abortion. And yes I feel that no matter what your beliefs are, as long as they do not hurt anyone else, you should be respected.

I respect people's rights to have any views they choose. I also respect the right to call them ludicrous and ensure they have no place in public policy' date=' education or healthcare of a society.

See I am just playing devils advocate here, what about the people who do vote for abortion to be banned? Surely as everyone has 'rights' they have the right to believe what they do? You don't decide what someone else can or cannot believe and hold as their beliefs. I am sure that there are people who are not from religous backgrounds who don't agree with abortion.

Who is regressing? Abortion to be used in saving another life, I think I agree with, abortions because of abnormalities that mean the baby has absolutely no chance of surviving, yeah I think I agree too. But the fact remains the same. I believe that Life is sacred, I've stated that. That is my basis on why I disagree with abortion. And yes I feel that no matter what your beliefs are, as long as they do not hurt anyone else, you should be respected.[/quote']

Just a little interjection but if the god FG believes is the one mentioned in his username, he is right about everything, always.

No there doesn't.

You have every right to believe every species on the planet got on a boat built by one man. Other people have every right to mock you for holding suck patently retarded thoughts as truths. That's how far respect extends. Not to some middle ground of regressive thought.

BNw2UmyCQAEMPxq.jpg:large

It is easier to kill and dispose of a human when they are a bundle of cells in the womb than when they are a mewling six month old cabbage.

If you don't want to have the baby, deal with it early.

Pretty much the debate for the first 5 pages of the thread, which oddly enough had very little religion mentioned.

Who is regressing? Abortion to be used in saving another life, I think I agree with, abortions because of abnormalities that mean the baby has absolutely no chance of surviving, yeah I think I agree too. But the fact remains the same. I believe that Life is sacred, I've stated that. That is my basis on why I disagree with abortion. And yes I feel that no matter what your beliefs are, as long as they do not hurt anyone else, you should be respected.

No. Respect is earned.

Having the right to "believe" things based on a foundation of ignorance of the subject and having that belief respected are two different things entirely.

FG, why is human life more sacred than animal life? Given we're all just at different points of a single continuum? If you use the word "soul" I'm going to have to hunt you down and poke you in the eye.

It is easier to kill and dispose of a human when they are a bundle of cells in the womb than when they are a mewling six month old cabbage.

If you don't want to have the baby' date=' deal with it early.[/quote']

If you don't want a baby, use protection.

If the odds aren't good nough, celibacy is your option.