You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What does everyone want?

WaltonRed

Right speaking to some mates today, we all had differing views on what was happening and how it should be resolved.

I know this the point of SOS who want to get the facts out in to the wider domain but wha does everyone expect on here?

If DIC are out and it looks like it then what does the future hold?

Hicks is trying to get 100%, Gillette is'nt so whats going to happen?

What is the least we can all expect?

This needs sorting one way or the other before the start of next season at the very latest.

I want the custodians of the club to understand the Liverpool way and to strive to renew us to our position as a dominant force in English and European football, whoever they may be. I'm not in the slightest convinced this is what we would get from DIC, but I KNOW 100% it is not what we are getting from the incumbents. If I had my way there would not be one single current member of the board in place for next season. There's nothing I want short of that, there is no way back for the current board.

I want the custodians of the club to understand the Liverpool way and to strive to renew us to our position as a dominant force in English and European football, whoever they may be. I'm not in the slightest convinced this is what we would get from DIC, but I KNOW 100% it is not what we are getting from the incumbents. If I had my way there would not be one single current member of the board in place for next season. There's nothing I want short of that, there is no way back for the current board.

Hypothetically if Hicks bought out Gillette, ridded the board of Parry and Moores, started the new ground and backed Rafa with cash and time how would everyone feel?

I have not and I am not falling for the PR, im just wondering. A mate brought it up and I was thinking a lot of people would still not be happy.

Right speaking to some mates today, we all had differing views on what was happening and how it should be resolved.

I know this the point of SOS who want to get the facts out in to the wider domain but wha does everyone expect on here?

If DIC are out and it looks like it then what does the future hold?

Hicks is trying to get 100%, Gillette is'nt so whats going to happen?

What is the least we can all expect?

This needs sorting one way or the other before the start of next season at the very latest.

Being honest I think my biggest surpise has been the stubbornness of Hicks. Ithought he would make his money an sell up especially with all the shit he is getting.

I just dont know what he really wants He could have took his money and run, why hasnt he? Is he after making more money or does he have plans to be a wner for years.

To answer your question. I hope he will get sick of it all and cut and run.

Hypothetically if Hicks bought out Gillette, ridded the board of Parry and Moores, started the new ground and backed Rafa with cash and time how would everyone feel?

I have not and I am not falling for the PR, im just wondering. A mate brought it up and I was thinking a lot of people would still not be happy.

Never trust a liar twice mate.

What concerns me most about everthing Hicks has done is the following;

He came into the club openly admiting he didnt know much about football. 6 months later he feels he is qualified to sack rafael benitez and replace him with jurgen klinsman.

I dont think there is anybody in world football who would agree with that decision.

If he is willing to do this then what is stopping him from sacking managers at the drop of a hat and start interfering with signings etc.

Its just not the Liverpool way.

Hicks is the one I (and many others) want out first.

I think we have to be realistic in the current climate. That means moores and parry are out of the loop regarding who the club is sold to after g&h. It is they who will determine who'll that be whether its DIC or something else.

Unless someone is prepared to offer g&h the sum the want (very doubtful imo) I think at least one will try and sit tight and become de factp majority 'owner.' The next test will be can that individual secure the re financing by whatever means are available.

Ideally, you want the 2 clowns (or should that be 4?) out but I think we're going to be saddled with the current situation for the best part of the next 12 months.

Not what we all want, I know.

I definatly want Hicks out, he has`nt a clue about English or European soccer, he thinks he can run a club with our history and traditions the same way that he runs his American "FRANCHISES" which he can`t,

He tells the world and any fool who will listen about all the problems and turmoil rageing inside our club. He is dishonest, has no integity or class, he should just fuck off.

Gillette, I could probably live with, I think that he realises the size of the mistake he made when makeing Hicks his partner when the original purchase took part. The only time that I have heard him say anything was the interview that he gave to the Canadian radio station and from that I thought that he gave an honest appraisal of the situation and took his share of the blame for the position that the club is in.

Parry and Moores can just fuck off.

DIC I think would run us properly again , so I hope that DIC can be our saviours.

I think Hicks is determined to stay and will take full control. Whether he's here just to reap the rewards of the stadium and sell us on to some other sucker, I'm not sure.

The DIC stuff is just pissing in the wind. We've both had our chances to make that happen, and now I doubt it ever will.

I definatly want Hicks out, he has`nt a clue about English or European soccer, he thinks he can run a club with our history and traditions

He'd get someone else to run it, probably Ayres. I think the behaviour of everyone involved in this sorry mess, including hysterical, greedy fans, has put paid to our history and traditions. We're just another souless big club now.

I think Hicks is determined to stay and will take full control. Whether he's here just to reap the rewards of the stadium and sell us on to some other sucker, I'm not sure.

The DIC stuff is just pissig in the wind. We've both had our chances to make that happen, and now I doubt it ever will.

Hmm.

The DIC stuff is just pissing in the wind. We've both had our chances to make that happen, and now I doubt it ever will.

I tend to agree with you. If DIC had of upped their original bid when g&h came in, they'd still have paid less than what they are bidding now. That raises 2 questions, 1, why give up so easily in the first place and 2, if they now pay double or more than their original bid, how much more would they pump into the club for new players etc?

What do I want? Someone to give me several billion pounds so I can buy the club and become our benevolent dictator.

It's 1975. Somewhere on Merseyside, the 4 year old Paul is sitting on a department store Santa's lap.

"And have you been a good boy this year, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa."

"And is there anything special you want this year, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa. Benevolent dictator."

"I see. And is there anything else you want, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa. Attacking fullback."

"OK, Paul. Well, you keep on being a good little boy and –"

"TWO attacking fullbacks! TWO attacking fullbacks!"

They can talk a good game, I'll give them that. For a mega rich company desperate to own us, they don't seem very decisive when it actually comes to sealing the deal.

They, like Hicks, know we're a potential goldmine, so they need to stop trying to get us on the cheap and pay what's required.

It's 1975. Somewhere on Merseyside, the 4 year old Paul is sitting on a department store Santa's lap.

"And have you been a good boy this year, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa."

"And is there anything special you want this year, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa. Benevolent dictator."

"I see. And is there anything else you want, Paul?"

"Yes, Santa. Attacking fullback."

"OK, Paul. Well, you keep on being a good little boy and –"

"TWO attacking fullbacks! TWO attacking fullbacks!"

Uncanny.

I don't care who out of the current owners and management leave, I really don't care at all. I want the club owned by people who care about it. Share Liverpool is the ideal scenario, I also trust DIC but understand those who don't. Not a single person out of Hicks, Gillett, Parry, Moores and Rafa have covered themselves in glory these past 6 months.