You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ashley Cole...

Chris

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three or so years ago he was easily the best left back around anywhere. Now he's a bit of a shambles really. Wenger rarely ever makes a mistake when letting players go (even when it seems the player in question is at the top of his game) and this twat was no exception.

He was a great player, now he's just a shambles. If a human could sum up Chelsea football club, it's him. Money-grabbing, chav homo!

One man went to bed, went to bed with Ashley! One man and his mobile phone, went to bed with Ashley!

Two men went to bed . . . . . . . .

Three or so years ago he was easily the best left back around anywhere. Now he's a bit of a shambles really. Wenger rarely ever makes a mistake when letting players go (even when it seems the player in question is at the top of his game) and this twat was no exception.

He is still the best left back in the world Paul, just been off form since his ankle injury.

That ankle injury has lasted a long fucking time then. I haven't seen him look anywhere near his best in at least two years. Injured or not, you're not the best in the world if you aren't producing your best. Who measures players by how they could play rather than how they actually play?

He is still the best left back in the world Paul, just been off form since his ankle injury.

Where the fuck does that come from, i'd like to qualify this is not an anti rash post, I just don't get the hype with Cole, he's fast, erm, he is fast, i'll give him that, erm. That's it.

I don't even thing he's the best left back at chelsea, or arsenal fo that matter. I don't see any change in form at all, he used to get forward a lot, he doesn't as much now.

He was a great player, now he's just a shambles. If a human could sum up Chelsea football club, it's him. Money-grabbing, chav homo!

One man went to bed, went to bed with Ashley! One man and his mobile phone, went to bed with Ashley!

Two men went to bed . . . . . . . .

They all scored! (clap clap clap) They all scored! (clap clap clap) They all scored!

Where the fuck does that come from, i'd like to qualify this is not an anti rash post, I just don't get the hype with Cole, he's fast, erm, he is fast, i'll give him that, erm. That's it.

I don't even thing he's the best left back at chelsea, or arsenal fo that matter. I don't see any change in form at all, he used to get forward a lot, he doesn't as much now.

Is 100 per cent correct.

How the fuck is he the best left back in the world? He's decent at attacking, but shite at getting back in position when an attack breaks down (like Gary Neville) and not that good at actual defending.

Oh, I know.. full backs have to attack or they are shite, its the law, or something ... thats why Carra got so much shite when he was a full back, and why mass panic breaks out on the rare occasions Rafa plays him there.

How the fuck is he the best left back in the world? He's decent at attacking, but shite at getting back in position when an attack breaks down (like Gary Neville) and not that good at actual defending.

Oh, I know.. full backs have to attack or they are shite, its the law, or something ... thats why Carra got so much shite when he was a full back, and why mass panic breaks out on the rare occasions Rafa plays him there.

I agree with your point about his defending - but only since he's gone shite. At Arsenal he got up and down the entire left flank and was a very good defender. The thing is that if full backs have instructions to support the attack then, no matter how fast they are or how great their stamina, there will always be times when they will be caught out of position. It's a tactical decision rather than a failing in the player. It's something I'd be happy to see occuring in our team occasionally next season.

I agree with your point about his defending - but only since he's gone shite. At Arsenal he got up and down the entire left flank and was a very good defender. The thing is that if full backs have instructions to support the attack then, no matter how fast they are or how great their stamina, there will always be times when they will be caught out of position. It's a tactical decision rather than a failing in the player. It's something I'd be happy to see occuring in our team occasionally next season.

I know what you're saying Paul, but I suppose I'm old fashioned a little in the fact that I want my defenders to defend, and if they can get up and support the attack then thats great. It just used to annoy me that the time that Carra used to get so much stick (mainly off a section of our own fans) for not being an attacking full back, the focus should have been on asking why our wide midfielders werent doing their jobs. I understand that it isnt that simple of course.

I know that if attacking full backs are going up and down the line all the time they will get caught out sometimes, but it just pisses me off when (and this is something Neville is guilty of) the move breaks down and they just trot back. They are defenders, they should be busting a gut to get back in position, even if there is cover behind them.