You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Ferguson...

Mr Piechnik

This irritates me a bit. Everyone who saw that game witnessed an absolute slaughtering of Portsmouth. None of those players were "shit", especially not Nani who is playing really well at the moment, yet many on here still call him "shit". He's made as big an impact as Babel, and looks a more accomplished player in many departments.

It reminds me of the last few years before they won the title again, everyone on here talking about how shit they were, and as a consequence were shocked and apalled when we lost to them.

Milan, I didnt say they didnt slaughter them but Nani was shit this match. He's had a good first season, not great, but this game he kept going past his man then producing a god awful cross. Rooney missed a 1 on 1 and didnt do much else, Tevez had little contribution so was subbed and Carrick is a mong.

I would say Babel has had a similar season and they're both got potential.

I know your management skills are producing a top of the table team (so far) but we'll have to agree to disagree with this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Goofy lookalike Chris Kamara is acting like Slur Drinkalot's PR man on Sky today! He announced that he was sure the drunken buffoon 'didnt mean' to say anything bad about the ref, he insisted that Rooney didn't mean any harm with his wild two-footed lunge, he searched for any Pompey foul he deemed should have been booked and he even argued that their keeper hadn't meant to bring Baros down and so shouldn't have been sent off. By the time he'd finished I thought Pompey must have lost 5:0. What a twit that bloke is.

I get pissed off with the obstruction thing. The defending player is often making no attempt whatsoever to play the ball.

I didn't realise you had to make an attempt to play the ball. I thought the rule was that as long as you are within playing distance of the ball then you are allowed to shield it. Am I wrong?

I didn't realise you had to make an attempt to play the ball. I thought the rule was that as long as you are within playing distance of the ball then you are allowed to shield it. Am I wrong?

Might need to look at the rules then, although I don't know if they're that specific.

I thought it was if the ball is retrievable then purely/only blocking the opponent from getting it is obstruction = free kick.

What do you have to say to actually get a ban?

Surely this is opening the flood gates to managers just roundly abusing referees in post match interviews. The FA, spineless and inept.

Nope, if someone like Southgate comes out with a world for world tirade exactly like Ginsoak tomorrow then he would have a 3 game touchline ban for sure for bringing the game into disrepute.

I dont know if anyone has already mentioned it but there's a quality piece in today's sport section of the guardian, it shows the top ten managers in terms of how many rants they've had at refs this season.

in at number 1 you guessed it fergie with about 8 rants!

and at number 10 rafa, with 1 rant from the chelski game and all he said was that the ref was under a great deal of pressure.

fergie gets away with murder, its worth checking out.

What do you have to say to actually get a ban?

Surely this is opening the flood gates to managers just roundly abusing referees in post match interviews. The FA, spineless and inept.

I do believe the FA imposed a ban, but hearing about it Mr. Ferguson sent a pm to the chief of FA begging him to lift the ban. He promised he would`nt swear or moan too much. He even called himself a changed man, started to referring to himself in the 3rd person as Fergie "The new man".

The FA have shit out before they even review what he said by saying "This will result in a fine not a touchline ban"!!!

Have they ever said anything like this before about a manager whose outburst they are going to "review"? Have they fuck, they are terrified of the ginsoaked senile cunt.