You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 01/10/2023 at 19:38, Mook said:

Transformers, Rise of the Beasts.

Watched it with the kids. An absolute shocker this, other than the odd decent hip hop track it was worse than abysmal. I noticed it was a 13+, do grown ups actually watch this shite without their kids in tow? 0.5/10.

Took my grandson to see this. Gave him my phone to play with while I had a kip after 20 minutes. He fell asleep too. Thank fuck we were the only people in there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The latest mission impossible film. 

Exactly the same as all the others but this one doesn’t drag on & outstay it’s welcome like the last one (the one with superman in).

Really enjoyed this even tho Tom looks like he’s wearing a rubber Tom Cruise mask in some scenes. 

Anyway. 8/10

This review will not self destruct 

On 02/10/2023 at 14:33, DalyanPete said:

Hidden figures. 8/10. Kevin Costner and three very good female actors in the lead roles. Based on a true story about clever black women working at NASA during the 1960's and the racial inequality that it came with.

If ever there was a film that called for a good 60's soul music soundtrack its this. 

Really enjoyable film.

Hidden Figures is a great film. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Reviews dont get much worse!

Normally staff would have been on that phone making sure the film wasn’t being recorded. Even they couldn’t be arsed.

On 04/10/2023 at 07:58, Shooter in the Motor said:

Normally staff would have been on that phone making sure the film wasn’t being recorded. Even they couldn’t be arsed.

They must have thought no idiots are coming to watch this shite on a Tuesday afternoon and forgot we were even there. Thank god I never gave him a box of ciggies and a lighter. 

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Sound of Freedom

True story about the horrors of child sex trafficking.

Jim Caviezel stars but the acting from the adults isn't great, but the kids are excellent.

Very sanitised given the subject matter but a worthy story without a scrap of tension.

7/10

Is this that alt-right/ QAnon sensation? Is it actually true?

On 05/10/2023 at 16:13, Poor Scouser T said:

Nefarious.

Bit shit. 4/10

Probably because it’s very much pushing Christian ideology. 

https://horrorobsessive.com/2023/04/16/beware-of-nefarious-religious-propaganda-masquerading-as-a-horror-movie/

Like with the Sound of Freesom, these days you have to look at the film makers to check if they’re pushing propaganda or not.

Watched the new top gun on the plane last week and thought it was great.

it was essentially the same film as the first top gun from what I can remember of it (my memory of films has always been hopeless (I used to regularly watch films I “don’t think I’ve seen” and then remember I had seen it ad we got to tye final 15 minutes) but with incredible new flashy planes.

plenty of fun and the time passed quickly. 

7/10