You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 months later...

Sir Paul McCartney has been reunited with the bass guitar he used on Beatles hits including Love Me Do and She Loves You, 51 years after it was stolen from the back of a van in London.

The Höfner bass was found in a family's attic in Sussex thanks to a search by a project called the Lost Bass.

Sir Paul bought the guitar in 1961. It was taken in west London in 1972.

A spokesperson for the former Beatle said he was "incredibly grateful" for its return.

The hunt began after the star urged Höfner to find his beloved instrument. The bass was used on Love Me Do and She Loves You.

Following an appeal for information by the Lost Bass search project, a family living in a terraced house in Sussex contacted the team remembering they had an old bass guitar in their attic.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sir Paul McCartney has been reunited with the bass guitar he used on Beatles hits including Love Me Do and She Loves You, 51 years after it was stolen from the back of a van in London.

The Höfner bass was found in a family's attic in Sussex thanks to a search by a project called the Lost Bass.

A spokesperson for the former Beatle said he was "incredibly grateful" for its return.

The hunt began after the star urged Höfner to find his beloved instrument. The bass was used on Love Me Do and She Loves You.

Following an appeal for information by the Lost Bass search project, a family living in a terraced house in Sussex contacted the team remembering they had an old bass guitar in their attic.

Fucking grasses.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

They should try for Maddie next.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A letter Clapton anonymously mailed to Patti Boyd (L at the top is for Layla) while she was with George. She didn't know who it was from at first and showed it to George.

An anonymous love letter to Boyd from Clapton sent in 1970.

I seen Clapton gave her permission to put these letters up for auction.

I can't say that it's something I would do, even 50/60 years down the line.

21 hours ago, Mook said:

I seen Clapton gave her permission to put these letters up for auction.

I can't say that it's something I would do, even 50/60 years down the line.

Considering the rape and other domestic violence, it was probably more of a "I'm letting you know" than a "can I have your permission?"

40 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Considering the rape and other domestic violence, it was probably more of a "I'm letting you know" than a "can I have your permission?"

She said she had asked for his permission on the BBC article & had received his blessing.

Did he rape & beat her up?

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He was, and a lot people forget that.

He was that arsed he stayed best mates with Clapton. 

Irrelevant to me as any guy who contacts his mates missus to see if he can bang her is a prick. Even if George is or did the same, I'd think similar of him. Probably why I think as lowly of Ryan Giggs as any footballer, cheating on your missus happens but betraying your brother! Nah.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Irrelevant to me as any guy who contacts his mates missus to see if he can bang her is a prick. Even if George is or did the same, I'd think similar of him. Probably why I think as lowly of Ryan Giggs as any footballer, cheating on your missus happens but betraying your brother! Nah.

It was a bit more than contacting her to see if he could “bang her” he wrote a full album declaring his love for her.

Oh and negged for *f on the GF. 

I don't think she needed his permission for anything, certainly legally the letters are hers to do with whatever she wishes - I think she told him out of respect for their relationship and history. Plus the fact that they would be easier to sell.

As for Clapton, let's face it, his legacy can use any little bit of decency it can get attached to it at this point.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think she needed his permission for anything, certainly legally the letters are hers to do with whatever she wishes - I think she told him out of respect for their relationship and history. Plus the fact that they would be easier to sell.

As for Clapton, let's face it, his legacy can use any little bit of decency it can get attached to it at this point.

He's clearly a cock but some of the music he's made will be listened to long after he, or any of us are gone I suppose.

That's his real legacy, well that & Rock Against Racism.