You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

new telly and ps3 debate

robbief

i have just got a nice shiny new lg, it will be on my wall tomorrow and i can't decide wether the ps3 is worth the mulah.

anyone got one and know of its worthyness?

i'v found one on kelkoo for 300 and its a 40gb, apparently you can't play all games on the 40gb one.

i want to play pro evo, tiger woods and virtua tennis as all these fantasy swordy loony tune cartoon games freak me out. is the 40gb sufficient?

I don't think the 40gb model has backward compatibility with PS1/PS2, but Tiger Woods 08 and Virtua Tennis are meant to be good on PS3. I heart my PS3.

i loved the virtua tennis arcade came so much i baught the machine off ebay. dig me.

anyway, id that the only difference TK? if it is thats laughing 'coz i only have liverpool club football and some other shady game left for my ps2.

The 40gb has less expansion ports, 2 usb ports instead of 4 and no memory card slots (60gb has slots for micro SD and memory stick pro). I think that's it though. If you're really into your games you could do worse than the PS3. It doesn't have the library of the 360 but there are some better games coming out now, e.g Sega Rally and Warhawk.

Stick with the 360. PS3 sucks.

If I stuck with the 360 I'd be staring at a blank screen and three red lights on the console.

Buggiest, most unreliable, noisy, underwhelming piece of shite I ever bought.

Loving the PS3 that replaced it. Two best deals I've seen so far are 60gb unit, free controller, 2 games for £350 from Virgin or 60gb, Fifa 08 or Tiger Woods 08, plus two games, an extra controller and HDMI cable for £370 from Amazon.

If I stuck with the 360 I'd be staring at a blank screen and three red lights on the console.

Loving the PS3 that replaced it. Two best deals I've seen so far are 60gb unit, free controller, 2 games for £350 from Virgin or 60gb, Fifa 08 or Tiger Woods 08, plus two games, an extra controller and HDMI cable for £370 from Amazon.

Overpriced, no Halo3, no killer games, Gran Turismo 15... I could go on.

The red ring problem is now sorted. I've never had a problem with mine in 12 months of owning it.

Plus two games? What games are they? I didn't think it had any.

Man I'm getting old.

Anyone fancy a game of Street Fighter 2?

Sound, none of that Chun li, E honda button bashing shit though !. Im going Guile, I dont know why as hes slow and shit but thats who I always went. I dont know maybe I secretly fancied him when I was a kid........I hope thats what it was.

How old are you lot? My console's better than yours. I have an xbox 360 and wouldn't buy a PS3 because the variation in software isn't that much. If you the PS3 exclusives like MGS4 then you'd buy that and vice versa, if you want Halo 3 then the xbox would be the choice. Both are almost identical anyway. Variation is the Wii. Love Nintendo.

I can't believe I gave a semi-serious answer on a robbief thread.

I'm not a massive games head, but have always had Playstations. I'm now in two minds about whether to buy the PS3 or a Wii. In favour of the PS3 is its specs and forthcoming potential for brilliant games, but set against that is its piss-take of a price. The Wii is much cheaper and would be good for the kids this Christmas. Then again, I might get both - the Wii for Christmas for the kids and the PS3 when the price is lower again and the games are better. As I said, I'm not a games freak so I can afford to wait until a new Tomb Raider (my favourite) comes out on it.

Cheapest way to get a decent bluray player, plays all your old PS1 and PS2 games, about the same level as the Xbox 360 in terms of specs, and the price has gone down. What's not to like? There are fewer games for it at the moment, but there will be more coming out, and they'll get a lot better as developers work out how to use the advanced processor features. I suppose you pay your money and take your choice, but I'm more than happy with mine and I tried out both extensively at mate's houses before buying so it was an informed decision. Oh. And HDMI 1.3. For those that know ...

It just picked up my wireless network, and it was off. The online gaming is all free so far (although some developers may apparently charge in the future for MMPORGs or whatever you call them) and the browser is pretty good, but you'll want a 1080P HDTV before you would consider using it instead of the PC. Got to get myself the wireless keyboard for it next so I can laze on the sofa and use the net without a laptop.

It just picked up my wireless network, and it was off. The online gaming is all free so far (although some developers may apparently charge in the future for MMPORGs or whatever you call them) and the browser is pretty good, but you'll want a 1080P HDTV before you would consider using it instead of the PC. Got to get myself the wireless keyboard for it next so I can laze on the sofa and use the net without a laptop.

Is this a PS3 you're on about?