You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ticket for the Happy Mondays

JJV

I similarly have a spare ticket for The Coral this Friday at the Manc Acad. I can't give it away, but if anyone wants it let me know. There must be someone who doesn't believe "The Coral are shit live".

pm me.

Aye, have a freebie on me.

Guest PaddyBerger15

The Mondays live...now there was an experience. Back in 1989 when Wrote For Luck was playing in every club and I was a little teeny..they were mad and so were the gigs.

I similarly have a spare ticket for The Coral this Friday at the Manc Acad. I can't give it away, but if anyone wants it let me know. There must be someone who doesn't believe "The Coral are shit live".

pm me.

Ahhhh but the Coral really ARE shit live. It was as if I was listening to their CD.

pm me.

I don't want the ticket but there's no way The Coral are shit live. They're ace, end of.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Saw them in Brixton on Sat.

They were brilliant.

Didn't play WFL tho :no

A Mondays gig...and they didn't play WFL? Thats just wrong. Did they do any stuff off Bummed ?

I have even more tickets that I can't make use of. I was supposed to be going to Reverend and The Makers tonight, The Coral tomorrow and Los Campesinos! on Saturday. These fucking stomach ulcers are right bollock. So, if anyone wants tickets to Los Campesinos! in Manchester on Saturday night and can collect the tickets from Wirral, they're yours providing my brother or sister don't want them. Gratis.

Because the album, like the band, is fucking rubbish.

Oooh, your usually fairly impeccable taste is askew there, I reckon. I only got in to the Coral about a year ago, but I absolutely love them. I went to see them last night at the Roundhouse in Camden (fantastic venue by the way) and was struck by how they now have enough tunes to play essentially a greatest hits set.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Oooh, your usually fairly impeccable taste is askew there, I reckon. I only got in to the Coral about a year ago, but I absolutely love them. I went to see them last night at the Roundhouse in Camden (fantastic venue by the way) and was struck by how they now have enough tunes to play essentially a greatest hits set.

Fair do's then, when people like you talk music, I'm always prepared to listen, maybe I should give these rascals another go and cut them a bit more slack. I must admit, the stuff that I have heard has struck me as 'done before, only much better' pap. Perhaps I shall listen again and more objectively this time.

Fair do's then, when people like you talk music, I'm always prepared to listen, maybe I should give these rascals another go and cut them a bit more slack. I must admit, the stuff that I have heard has struck me as 'done before, only much better' pap. Perhaps I shall listen again and more objectively this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTcDuQpDQvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRy8N1P1EUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axq5JnPsYSg

With regards to the Mondays, i've seen them live twice. The first time was at the Reebok stadium in 2000 supporting Oasis and they were alright. Did a good cover of Sympathy for the Devil anyway. The second time was in Manchester a couple of years ago and they were fucking awful. Out of tune, out of time and Ryder looked like he was about to die. Now I love the Mondays, Pills Thrills n Bellyaches and Bummed are both superb albums but unfortunately they are now nothing more than a money spinning exercise.

As for The Coral, I'm going to have to pull you up on this PaddyBerger. They are one of the best bands in the world, absolutely amazing. To say it's all been done before is very wrong. It sounds to me like you're familiar with the singles but not alot more. The first album is one of the most innovative albums of the last twenty years. The new album is essentialy a pop album and an excellent one at that. Anyway they're from Merseyside which in my experience means you're a pretty safe bet to be half decent unless your name is Frankie Goes To Hollywood of course.

Guest PaddyBerger15
With regards to the Mondays, i've seen them live twice. The first time was at the Reebok stadium in 2000 supporting Oasis and they were alright. Did a good cover of Sympathy for the Devil anyway. The second time was in Manchester a couple of years ago and they were fucking awful. Out of tune, out of time and Ryder looked like he was about to die. Now I love the Mondays, Pills Thrills n Bellyaches and Bummed are both superb albums but unfortunately they are now nothing more than a money spinning exercise.

As for The Coral, I'm going to have to pull you up on this PaddyBerger. They are one of the best bands in the world, absolutely amazing. To say it's all been done before is very wrong. It sounds to me like you're familiar with the singles but not alot more. The first album is one of the most innovative albums of the last twenty years. The new album is essentialy a pop album and an excellent one at that. Anyway they're from Merseyside which in my experience means you're a pretty safe bet to be half decent unless your name is Frankie Goes To Hollywood of course.

Aye, well, fair enough young Thomas, I shall give them a go, you are right that the opinion is based mainly on singles and a listen or two to an album.

and yes.....The Mondays are a flogging a dead horse, money spinning exercise, nothing more....sad to see.