You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52996705

My mind is officially blown.

"Amid ongoing protests in America against racism and police brutality, a global legion of K-pop fans has emerged as an important ally for the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.

Fans of South Korea's popular music industry have raised funds for BLM and mobilised to overload social media hashtags used by its opponents, earning appreciation from protesters for their political activism."

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Well given that, online and in person, the "debate" so often seems to come down to racist, right wing loons digging their heals and shouting as loudly as they can, it does always seem to end this way. Grinch and Stroganoff aren't actually interested in debate or discussion, they're interested in being right. 

Im a right wing loon now? Hilarious! :D :D :D 

Top post man, top post.

Whilst it's all a bit mad deleting stuff from streaming services, it takes a great deal of audacity for my fellow white man to make out like they're the real victims of the recent focus on anti-racism because they can no longer watch re-runs of particularly unfunny comedy shows from years ago that they probably had no intention of watching anyway. 

Forget knees on necks and arbitrary application of stop and search measures, Barry from Basingstoke can't watch Little Britain on i-Player. He's the real victim in all this. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Well given that, online and in person, the "debate" so often seems to come down to racist, right wing loons digging their heals and shouting as loudly as they can, it does always seem to end this way. Grinch and Stroganoff aren't actually interested in debate or discussion, they're interested in being right. 

Fucking hell, pot kettle. Im a right wing loon now? Hilarious! :D :D :D 

Top post man, top post.

7 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Laughable, when any contrary view to yours is racist and needs to go away and educate themselves on it.   And by this you mean listen to the people who agree with you,  not those who don't. 

Look, I'm not interested in an echo chamber but neither am I interested in engaging with the two of you and your entrenched, offensive views. There's no subtly to your arguments, you're coming across like every other right wing, racist, "all lives matter", idiot. Neither of you are interested in engaging with the other side either so the outright hypocrisy in thinking my dismissive opinion of you is laughable is, well, laughable. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Laughable, when any contrary view to yours is racist and needs to go away and educate themselves on it.   And by this you mean listen to the people who agree with you,  not those who don't. 

What a let down. I’d neg this but unfort I’m out.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

If you think that black people aren't held back because of the colour of their skin, there is no point in debating further. It's insane, and the only logical starting point would be for you to do some reading around their experiences and then come back and we can start debating what's appropriate then.

I'm also not going to debate climate change strategy with someone who denies climate science. That would be a waste of time too, quite like our discussion has.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Look, I'm not interested in an echo chamber but neither am I interested in engaging with the two of you and your entrenched, offensive views. There's no subtly to your arguments, you're coming across like every other right wing, racist, "all lives matter", idiot. Neither of you are interested in engaging with the other side either so the outright hypocrisy in thinking my dismissive opinion of you is laughable is, well, laughable. 

All lives do matter you fucking moron. Any life lost is a life lost and meaningful to those people around them.

You are the fucking problem in here, you and your closed views. How do you make progress if you can't see opposing views. You fucking idiot.

• Downvote 2

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

All lives do matter you fucking moron. Any life lost is a life lost and meaningful to those people around them.

You are the fucking problem in here, you and your closed views. How do you make progress if you can't see opposing views. You fucking idiot.

Good, now as soon as we can agree that all lives matter EQUALLY and deserve the same equality of opportunity in life, then we can continue.

Just now, Aw Geez said:

Good, now as soon as we can agree that all lives matter EQUALLY and deserve the same equality of opportunity in life, then we can continue.

Equally, so no jobs given out on colour of skin, no special treatment. 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Clearly me using "all lives matter" is alluding to the fact it's being used as a counter to the BLM movement, with no understanding of what it means. Just a gnashing of teeth thinking that it's 'reverse racism'.

Whatever, you're not capable of anything approaching decent and intelligent discussion on this, so I'm out.