You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kewell to Olympiakos?

Hazel Motes

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Preben Elkjaer

Konami's PES programmers appear to have a similarly dim view of Harry's fitness... I brought Mr K to Hellas Verona with the intention of deploying him in a Litmanen-esque role behind my strikers. Fucker has spent more time on the injury list than on the pitch - 3 seasons, 3 serious 20+ week injuries.

The virtual Harry will be given one last chance to cop the fuck on. For what it's worth, I'd do the same with the real Harry.

Guest Preben Elkjaer
Kewell and Elkjær up front, the combo from hell.

Indeed - one with no aversion to pies, the other chain-smoking like it was going out of fashion.

"According to Greek media reports the Liverpool and Australia international, who has still a year left in his contract with the Reds, has a clause of approximately £1.5 million (about €2.5 million) which Olympiakos are seriously considering paying to Liverpool in order to sign the Socceroo."

What kind of clause is that? £1.5 million?! That's like 'free transfer'.

An average season's medical bills?

750,000 Big Macs?

Kewell is quality, he's shown that a lot. For Leeds United. He's had his moments in a red shirt too but not enough of it. IF he can stay injury-free and given a go on the left, he would probably be our best option in that position. I say keep him, if he has a good season we can extend his contract.

Yes, and now that he's fine, he's leaving. What's that!?

On fire in the WC, good performances in two CL-finals. scored in his last PL match. I think he's taken his chances.

What??????

Did'nt limp off in the first final as usual.

this is a load of shit. kewell wouldn't leave unless he had to and benitez thinks a lot of him.

now he's finally fit who in the right mind would sell him for £1.5m when he's took that home for sitting on his arse in just a few months? he's got tobe tried now he's finally fit.

"Following the news that a deal has not yet been reached with the team's striker Neri Castillo, who scored some impressive goals during the Copa America tournament in Venezuela, the team may well be looking to offset Kewell's fee from a possible deal with an English or European Club for Castillo"

Sign Castillo!! He's the closest thing to Messi....

Using Kewell to get pay for part of Castillo would be absolutely great business. Admittedly I've only seen Castillo in the Copa America, but he is atleast as skilled and tricky as Kewell, he is younger, don't have an injury record. I would be thrilled if this went through. Absolutely thrilled.

Using Kewell to get pay for part of Castillo would be absolutely great business. Admittedly I've only seen Castillo in the Copa America, but he is atleast as skilled and tricky as Kewell, he is younger, don't have an injury record. I would be thrilled if this went through. Absolutely thrilled.

It's not going to.

It looks like Man City are interested though:

"But Eriksson is ready to fork out £10m for Olympiacos and Mexico forward Nery Castillo. (The Times)"

You're reading that wrong (although it's badly written so it's not your fault) It means that Olympiakos are going to use the money they get from Castillo to pay for Kewell

Lot's of ungreatfull hypocrites on here, who I am sure were jumping up and down with glee when we took home the FA cup in 2006, well for all of you who say Kewell have done fuck all for our club, without his fantastic display against the Chavs at Old Toilet I do not think we would have even been in that final, so sit back, shut up and relax because this is never going to happen....

Rafa rates him to much to sell him for pocket change, especially as we still are short of dept on the wings, besides he choose us over the Scum, now that's got to count for something no?:yes:

Kewell is quality, he's shown that a lot. For Leeds United. He's had his moments in a red shirt too but not enough of it. IF he can stay injury-free and given a go on the left, he would probably be our best option in that position. I say keep him, if he has a good season we can extend his contract.

Rafa wont extend his contract whatever happens. When we signed Harry Kewell i remember thinking we have bought one of the best premiership players at the time. Then he got injured, and i thought to myself, he's quality, we will see the best of him next year! Then he got injured again & so on untill today. Whenever he has been fit he's gone missing in the big games & made a real cunt out of himself. Istanbul & Cardiff, blamed injury & not played again for ages after!

This season i can bet he stays fit (mostly) and has a decent seaon, trying his best. Why is this? Because the fuckin mercenary is after a new deal from us or he's putting himself in the shop window for another bumper deal with another club.

I believe he realised he couldnt hack it at a big club consistantly & has made excuses ever since. I can understand people saying keep him this season, as for a return of 1.5m we may aswell keep him, he will have a decent season even though it's for his own benifit & not the clubs.

Here it is. Olympiakos has confirmed the deal.

"Προτάθηκε ο Κιούελ

Παίκτες προτείνονται καθημερινά στον Ολυμπιακό, αφού κάτι τέτοιο συνηθίζεται στη μεταγραφική περίοδο. Ένα από τα ονόματα που έχουν προσελκύσει το ενδιαφέρον της ομάδας του Πειραιά είναι αυτό του Χάρι Κιούελ, που έχει συμβόλαιο με τη Λίβερπουλ για έναν ακόμα χρόνο. Οι «ερυθρόλευκοι» εξετάζουν σοβαρά αυτή την περίπτωση, ενώ το ποσό που πρέπει να καταβάλει κάποιος στην αγγλική ομάδα για να αποκτήσει τον Αυστραλό ανέρχεται στα 2,5 εκατ. ευρώ. Την ίδια ώρα, διαψεύδεται οποιαδήποτε κίνηση για Μποτινέλι και Γκρασιάν, ονόματα που ακούγονταν δυνατά τις προηγούμενες μέρες. "

I'm going to bed!

that made me laugh

whats another year? he could have a similar season to what he had in 2005-2006. let him play his last year, hopefully it will be injury free and we can see the real kewell. i'm sure he is as pissed off and frustrated with himself as we are with him. yeah he earns a lot of money but i'm sure he'd just as soon be playing week in week out than being resident in the physio room.