You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carlos Tevez

Guest stephenknapp

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ agreed, its amazing how much a player's stock can fall when they're being misshandled at a small club.

Tevez looked like Maradona on steads in the world cup, I woulnd't want him as our only striker signing though as has been said he's a support striker, I don't see him as the prolific scorer we need. Him and Eto'o though and it would be brown kecks time for the prem..

Guest stephenknapp
Going by some of the comments made about Tevez (not just on this thread) you'd think that he's from the Ade Akinbiyi school of finishing.

Tevez and Kuyt, with Dirk playing as an out and out striker and letting Tevez worry about the chasing back, combined with better service from the flanks and from Gerrard through the middle, and the goals will come. Same with Tevez and Crouch.

I love Tevez and think he would be a great signing & would totally transform our attacking play, but he is not a natural finisher & sometimes snatches at chances ie. Sheffield United away recently.

Tevez & Kuyt could work as a partnership.

Guest stephenknapp
Why has rafa even bothered buying Voronin? - is he just going to flog him to a mug club like Man City for 2M after getting him for nothing. Did he actually play in the World Cup? - I watched 3 of Ukraines' games and can't remember him at all!

Thats exactly what he did with Krompkamp. We have a high turnover of players under Rafa so I wouldn't be too surprised if he was to move on at some point. I think some people are being a bit harsh on Voronin though. He is a decent player, who I think will settle in fairly quickly coming from the German league & he may surprise a few with his pace & strength.

That's three titles in a row won by teams without a really pacy striker.

Three league titles in a row won with a Portugese player maybe that's the key?

Just because other teams don't have X Y or Z doesn't mean we can't, we lack pace as a team if we get rid of Bellamy then that is another of our few pacy options gone and for a manager who likes to counter attack, or at least have the option to counter attack, then pace is pretty vital.

Guest stephenknapp

Just because other teams don't have X Y or Z doesn't mean we can't, we lack pace as a team if we get rid of Bellamy then that is another of our few pacy options gone and for a manager who likes to counter attack, or at least have the option to counter attack, then pace is pretty vital.

Does Rooney & Saha not have pace? I know Rooney is built like Shrek, but he can shift that frame Pretty Dam Quick.

Guest stephenknapp
Ronaldo is pretty quick too. I agree with Cardie. We need some pace.

and skill.

Eto'o, Tevez & Reyes.

Guest stephenknapp
Would have thought that bit was obvious.

I mean players with technical ability who can unlock tight defences, rather than players with just pace or strength.

Guest stephenknapp
Kalou as well since we're talking about pacy strikers.

Drogba has pace too as well as strength.

Guest stephenknapp
So was I.

Any suggestions? I'd like to see us sign Eto'o, Tevez and maybe even Reyes along with a decent left back.

I never said we didn't need more pace in the side. We can get pace from the wings. I said that I don't think lightning pace is a vital requirement for a new striker. Tevez is no slouch anyway.

Guest stephenknapp
I never said we didn't need more pace in the side. We can get pace from the wings. I said that I don't think lightning pace is a vital requirement for a new striker. Tevez is no slouch anyway.

Good point. Shearer was hardly lightning quick, but at his peak would be ideal in our team.

Tevez was awful for West Ham when they tried to play him wide, I don't understand the logic in saying he could play wide here.

He's a striker, end of.

I can't say I've seen much of him out wide, but I can't see the point in signing a quality striker like him and then not playing him up front.