You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Global Warming

Stu Monty

A S*n reading LFC fan at work tells me it's all bollocks designed to tax us more. I'm not sure whether I should believe him.

Sometimes I see people reading it on the tube on the way to work and it makes me wonder why anyone would actively pay money to fill their mind with slurry.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I see people reading it on the tube on the way to work and it makes me wonder why anyone would actively pay money to fill their mind with slurry.

Yep, its a mystery. Thus I immediately discounted his view and am fully on board the man influenced climate change train.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, this is just fanfuckingtastic.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/19/arctic-stronghold-of-worlds-seeds-flooded-after-permafrost-melts

Arctic stronghold of world’s seeds flooded after permafrost melts

No seeds were lost but the ability of the rock vault to provide failsafe protection against all disasters is now threatened by climate change

Most people don't care one jot about climate change. Without massive government intervention, to create a de-carbonised grid, to ban fossil fuels, to create sustainable and local communities and workforces and without tighter regulations on new buildings we're already in too much trouble.

All the decisions I make in my personal life, be that choosing less fossil fuel reliant options, recycling, growing some of my own food, etc, etc, or in my professional life, in the design of low/zero carbon buildings are futile when society and the economy aren't set up to address the issues.

Most people don't care one jot about climate change. Without massive government intervention, to create a de-carbonised grid, to ban fossil fuels, to create sustainable and local communities and workforces and without tighter regulations on new buildings we're already in too much trouble.

All the decisions I make in my personal life, be that choosing less fossil fuel reliant options, recycling, growing some of my own food, etc, etc, or in my professional life, in the design of low/zero carbon buildings are futile when society and the economy aren't set up to address the issues.

Too much money to be made the way things currently are but too much money needing to be spent to change things,which obviously equals less money for those greedy fuckers who already have too much. There is a reason why these cunts are obscenely rich and that doesnt come from being unselfish and altruistic.

Well, this is just fanfuckingtastic.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/19/arctic-stronghold-of-worlds-seeds-flooded-after-permafrost-melts

Arctic stronghold of world’s seeds flooded after permafrost melts

No seeds were lost but the ability of the rock vault to provide failsafe protection against all disasters is now threatened by climate change

It's not a big deal apparently.

Says Cary Fowler, one of the creators of the vault: "Basically, there’s a 100-meter tunnel that serves as a walkway into the mountain and it goes downhill. Before you reach the vault doors, the ground shifts uphill. If all the world’s ice melted, and the world’s biggest tsunami occurred in front of the vault it would still be sitting around five to seven stories above the action."

http://gizmodo.com/the-doomsday-vault-isnt-flooded-but-were-all-still-goin-1795400407

• 6 months later...