You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Viz character

Vincent Vega

I haven't bought it in years, but was having a sort out at home the other day and found a stash of Viz comics and some annuals from the early 90's. Anyway I was having a flick through them and was pissing myself at some of the letters and top tips, and some of the cartoon strips were hilarious. But the ones that really tickled me were Paul Wicker The Tall Vicker, Victor Pratt - The Stupid Twat, Aldridge Prior - He's A Hopeless Liar and especially Rude Kid. What a legend Rude Kid was "Piss up a rope fuckstick".

What about everyone else?

Either The Parkie or Mickey's monkey spunk moped.

http://www.viz.co.uk/archive_strips/motorised_strips/viztv_popup_monkeyspunk.html

http://www.viz.co.uk/archive_strips/motorised_strips/viztv_popup_parkie.html

Believe it or not they were both in the same issue, which was my first viz ever. And they're on the viz site.

Leopards fanny batter anyone?

Roger Mellie, Cockney Wanker and Eight Ace are my favourites. Honourable mentions to Sid the Sexist, Spoilt Bastard and Postman Plod.

Recently picked up "Rude Kids", Chris Donald's story of how he started Viz, which is a decent read, only 3 quid at Wilkinson's too.

Biffa Bacon, the scraps with his Mum and Dad ruled.

Did my head in that one, the joke never changed. In the very early ones that I've been reading recently, he was a kind of Dennis The Menace with real menace who twated Walter Softy instead of playing tricks, but it went shite when he became bullied by his parents and then grandparents.

Other classic Ride Kid moments:

Mam: Whera are your shoes dear?

Rude Kid: ARSE!

Mam: Have you been out playing football in your shoes?

Rude Kid: PISSFLAPS!

Mam: Good morning dearest.

Rude Kid: PIGS' NIPPLES!!

Mam: Would you like sugar on your Cornflakes dear?

Rude Kid: BIG DOG'S COCK!

Mam: Just popping down to the shops dear.

Rude Kid: KNOBCHEESE!

And each and every one of these comments were accompanied by a v-sign.

Either The Parkie or Mickey's monkey spunk moped.

Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped was one of the best one off comic strips ever. In fact, some of the best ones were one offs; Reverand Ramsdens Ring Piece Cathedral; The Incredible Doctor Sex; Zip O Lightning and loads of others were fucking ace.

I remember when I first started getting it, it was really difficult to get hold of and I used to pick it up from that newsagents that used to be in front of Lime Street by Erics and Tony Harris scally wear shops. You can get it in Asda with your beans now, which just tells you how shite it is.

Being old sucks, because everything used to be better before, including the Reds :(.

Did my head in that one, the joke never changed. In the very early ones that I've been reading recently, he was a kind of Dennis The Menace with real menace who twated Walter Softy instead of playing tricks, but it went shite when he became bullied by his parents and then grandparents.

Other classic Ride Kid moments:

Mam: Whera are your shoes dear?

Rude Kid: ARSE!

Mam: Have you been out playing football in your shoes?

Rude Kid: PISSFLAPS!

Mam: Good morning dearest.

Rude Kid: PIGS' NIPPLES!!

Mam: Would you like sugar on your Cornflakes dear?

Rude Kid: BIG DOG'S COCK!

Mam: Just popping down to the shops dear.

Rude Kid: KNOBCHEESE!

And each and every one of these comments were accompanied by a v-sign.

I havn't seen it in years, but i could have swore it was BIG DOGS BOLLOCKS, I hope it was 'cos I still use it today if I fuck something up or drop something.

I used to love Viz. My favourite was Spoilt Bastard ("Oh, for the sake of the Lord, Mother!"). I also loved a one panel cartoon they did of Victor Mature with a kid saying, "Hey, Vic, fancy getting pissed?" and Victor replying, "No, I don't think so." Maybe you had to be there, but I'm pissing myself at the memory as I type.

Terry Fuckwitt, Biffa Bacon, Spoilt Bastard and 8 Ace are my favourite characters, but Letterbocks, Top Tips and the piss-take adverts for crap ornaments that you see in the Sunday telly guides are my favourite parts of Viz on the whole.

For example: "Dear Letterbocks, I often fantasise about Janette "Jimmy" Krankie when I masturbate. Does this make me gay, straight or a paedophile?"

Letters don't get much better than that......

I haven't bought it in years, but was having a sort out at home the other day and found a stash of Viz comics and some annuals from the early 90's. Anyway I was having a flick through them and was pissing myself at some of the letters and top tips, and some of the cartoon strips were hilarious. But the ones that really tickled me were Paul Wicker The Tall Vicker, Victor Pratt - The Stupid Twat, Aldridge Prior - He's A Hopeless Liar and especially Rude Kid. What a legend Rude Kid was "Piss up a rope fuckstick".

What about everyone else?

Have to agree, I still use that line when my mum asks me what I want for xmas.

Mr Logic was my favourite but as already mentioned Letterboks and top tips were the best part. Every toilet should have a profanisaurus in it as well. Do you think they ever noticed that the word profanisaraus sounds a bit like pro-fanny-sore-arse