You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sami or Daniel?

Captain

Who should partner Carra against Chelsea?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who should partner Carra against Chelsea?

• Hyypiä back in
    • Agger keeps his place

It's gotta be Agger at the moment but wouldn't be surprised to see Sami back in as first choice at some point.

I think Rafa should put some pressure on him to give up international footy, as he hasn't got the legs for three games in a week anymore and we paid the price on saturday.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is always sad to see a legend like Sami making way for a younger player but on his performances this year, Agger deserves a run of matches.

Sami still has an important role to play this year but just think we will see more and more of Agger this season.

The one question that remains unanswered about Agger is can he handle someone with the physical presence of Drogba, I dont know but thats why i want him to play.

To be honest i wouldn't be too fussed who's picked.

If Danny Agger plays then he deserves it for his performances so far this season.

I know Sami's not playing too well but i think he can come through this and turn in a top performance against Chelsea.

Now where's the poll for Jamie or Gabriel? :whistle:

Guest dragonfly

good debate this as it is incredibly important to the future of the team. i love sami, the man is legend, i fookin hate david 'i cant pronounce anybody's surname correctly' pleat, but he got it right last night when he called sami "The General" but unfortunately due to age and the tireless effort he has given this club i think he needs to be rested and only used in games against forwards who maybe lack a bit of pace because his legs may be packing up but his brains aren't. agger is one for the future, he'll definitely learn off sami and carra.

I voted Sami back in then realised how "close" the poll was. Fuck me.

I think experience will win out on sunday but fully expect Agger to play more than Sami this season.

What I am asking is who you think should play against Chelsea, not who you think will play. I must admit I thought the result would be a close call. It's safe to say I got that one wrong!

Guest molbyscorchio
What I am asking is who you think should play against Chelsea, not who you think will play. I must admit I thought the result would be a close call. It's safe to say I got that one wrong!

I think Agger should play. He has enough about him now to play alongside an experienced CB.

Some people called Mike make good footballers too, it doesn't mean you sign someone based on the coincidental fact they are called Mike.

Requirements for a coaching role: ability as a coach. Simple really

Who are you to say that sami hyypia wouldn't take to coaching as brilliantly as he took to playing football.

why the fuck are we debating whether sami should go into coaching now? he's not finished by a long chalk.

if you believe that sami has played his last game of football for Liverpool then you're madder than a bag of weasels.

Who are you to say that sami hyypia wouldn't take to coaching as brilliantly as he took to playing football.

why the fuck are we debating whether sami should go into coaching now? he's not finished by a long chalk.

if you believe that sami has played his last game of football for Liverpool then you're madder than a bag of weasels.

Respect the weasel. ;)

17665946_a9902e008a_m.jpg

"I personally think Sami has played his last game for the reds of Liverpool and my stuffed invisble frog concurs with me!"

Don't listen to him Paco, he's that mad all the other weasles have moved away.

look at that weasel faced cunt about to tear the face off some fucker.

Because the conversation swerved that way a bit and a few of us found it interesting.

Who are you to say that Sami wouldn't take to nuclear fission as brilliantly as he took to football?

I know engineering, it doesn't mean I'd be good at teaching it; capiche?

Because the conversation swerved that way a bit and a few of us found it interesting.

Who are you to say that Sami wouldn't take to nuclear fission as brilliantly as he took to football?

I know engineering, it doesn't mean I'd be good at teaching it; capiche?

stop taking what i say and changing it slightly to come up with something clever but distinctly less funny.

Much as I buzz off Sami I can see him going at the end of the season.

Until we see whether Paletta, or one of the reserves takes the step up this season, I don't see why we would let Hyppia go? Surely we need top notch cover in CB and Hyppia can still do a job for us.

I don't think Sami has been playing badly by any means, but Agger has been very impressive and has earned his place in the side. Plus it'll mean Sami has to raise his game that little bit more to try to get back in the team.

Wise words, as ever.*

*Except when they deviate from mine.

I'm expecting another aerial bombardment from them as they grow increasingly frustrated, and there's noone elsed I'd rather have in my side in situations like that. Sami for me. If anyone deserves to be dropped on recent form, it's Carra. I can't see why Sami and Daniel can't play together.

Besides, Carra is still not fully fit again, while Sami is fresh.