You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse has broke his leg

CWD82

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure the impact will be that great. It's not 'lost' money merely a transfer we'll have to defer for 6-12 months. Might involve us having to stagger the installments on a new player slightly.

But the money that was going to be brought in would have been used to pay off the rest of the transfer fee that was owed. By doing that it would have freed up cash over the next few years to enable the club to spread the cost of a new player over the life of their contract.

Now that we are not getting the money yet the club has to still factor in those payments for cisse and look again at the transfer priorities.

CISSE BACK BY NOVEMBER - from .tv

Djibril Cisse could be back playing in a Liverpool shirt by early November after the surgeon who carried out last night's operation on the striker's broken leg insisted the surgery had been a complete success.

Djibril Cisse could be back playing in a Liverpool shirt by early November after the surgeon who carried out last night's operation on the striker's broken leg insisted the surgery had been a complete success.

While there were fears in the immediate aftermath of the horrific-looking injury that Cisse may not play again this year, Liverpool Club Doctor Mark Waller tonight stressed that the staff at Melwood expect to see Djibril back at the training ground in a matter of months.

Waller, who was in constant contact with the medical team dealing with the player in France both during the early hours of Thursday morning and also throughout the whole of today, told liverpoolfc.tv: "The latest news we've had is extremely positive. He's had the operation done and everything has gone in a very straightforward fashion.

"The fracture has been repaired with some metalwork in his leg in a similar way to what he had when he broke the other leg in 2004. This fracture is not as severe as the previous one.

"The last time he broke his leg, it took him just 164 days to recover completely - which was just over five months - but this time we're expecting him to recover even quicker. When we talk about him being back, we mean back playing first team football.

"He'll be flying back to England on Monday and we would expect to see him back training at Melwood in around four months. His recovery last time was so quick because Djibril himself remained positive and worked really hard and obviously he had appropriate management throughout the recovery process.

"Knowing Djibril, he'll show the same willingness to fight back from this new injury and I wouldn't be surprised to seeing him playing as early as November."

CISSE BACK BY NOVEMBER - from .tv

While there were fears in the immediate aftermath of the horrific-looking injury that Cisse may not play again this year, Liverpool Club Doctor Mark Waller tonight stressed that the staff at Melwood expect to see Djibril back at the training ground in a matter of months.

Waller, who was in constant contact with the medical team dealing with the player in France both during the early hours of Thursday morning and also throughout the whole of today, told liverpoolfc.tv: "The latest news we've had is extremely positive. He's had the operation done and everything has gone in a very straightforward fashion.

"The fracture has been repaired with some metalwork in his leg in a similar way to what he had when he broke the other leg in 2004. This fracture is not as severe as the previous one.

"The last time he broke his leg, it took him just 164 days to recover completely - which was just over five months - but this time we're expecting him to recover even quicker. When we talk about him being back, we mean back playing first team football.

"He'll be flying back to England on Monday and we would expect to see him back training at Melwood in around four months. His recovery last time was so quick because Djibril himself remained positive and worked really hard and obviously he had appropriate management throughout the recovery process.

"Knowing Djibril, he'll show the same willingness to fight back from this new injury and I wouldn't be surprised to seeing him playing as early as November."

Good on you Djibril!

That's what I was trying to say, but I just ended up typing "Good on you!"

*chortle* It's true, though, isn't it. Seems like a really infectious character, and he must have enormous tenacity in some respects, but it just doesn't always translate itself on the pitch. The Count can almost identify with that; he possessing great tenacity and drive and stifling idleness in equal measure.

Why are people on this forum obsessed with our players' shorts contents? :no

Oh sorry, I read that wrong.

Great news about his expected recovery date, be good to see him playing again. I just hope the PR side of things is handled properly in the intervening months - I'd hate to hear him booed onto the pitch when he makes his comeback.

This sun. Made the Count. Groggy.

Guest Jay W
Nice sympathetic headline from TeamTalk there...

Like their leg wouldn't break from that, impossible for it not too, weaker area of your pins that hence why it's been around in football, from Busset (sp?) to Larsson, to Djib to some Mexican fella with a funny hair do...

Don't get these crock and theres something wrong with his bones comments...it's not as if he's Chris Kirkland and I'll happily but a bet on that anyone legs would break from that and from the tangle of legs against Blackburn....

It's unlucky, but not freak or rare....no matter how strong your bones are...

Like their leg wouldn't break from that, impossible for it not too, weaker area of your pins that hence why it's been around in football, from Busset (sp?) to Larsson, to Djib to some Mexican fella with a funny hair do...

Don't get these crock and theres something wrong with his bones comments...it's not as if he's Chris Kirkland and I'll happily but a bet on that anyone legs would break from that and from the tangle of legs against Blackburn....

It's unlucky, but not freak or rare....no matter how strong your bones are...

It may not be freak but it is certainly rare to suffer two breaks that Cisse has had. I mean that in the right way. How many footballers do you know who have suffered two breaks like he has during there career - that makes it rare.

I thought it was maybe the end for Cisse but it is not and he will come back for sure.

Guest Jay W
It may not be freak but it is certainly rare to suffer two breaks that Cisse has had. I mean that in the right way. How many footballers do you know who have suffered two breaks like he has during there career - that makes it rare.

Thats not what I meant, I meant the injury isn't, but to have two on different legs is, and extremely unlucky...

I thought it was maybe the end for Cisse but it is not and he will come back for sure.

Is Alan Smith into double figures yet?