You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The bitters are on the move

Scouse_Datcha

They now claim they have sevrell investores, just waiting to put money in the club. Then they will be able to compeete with Schelski and scum.

""If we are to compete at the very top level, with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United, to grow organically is very, very hard," said Wyness.

"

""I think the off-field income can be sustainable, and whether we push on forward will be down to a new stadium, success in Europe and new investment."

"

Ic Liverpool

This is priceless. They are for real ?

They're like the lies a kid tells, if i was going to bullshit my fans i'd pick a decent lie, 'sergio soprano - ham entrapaneur from pama' but no, 'Sultan of Brunai richest man in the world wants to buy Everton, he's always been a blue, and if you don't beleive me ask my mum.'

They're like the lies a kid tells, if i was going to bullshit my fans i'd pick a decent lie, 'sergio soprano - ham entrapaneur from pama' but no, 'Sultan of Brunai richest man in the world wants to buy Everton, he's always been a blue, and if you don't beleive me ask my mum.'

Mate everyone knows the sulton of brunei is a blue. Shame on us redshite to suggest otherwise.

Guest Dancing Dave
Mate everyone knows the sulton of brunei is a blue. Shame on us redshite to suggest otherwise.

That's the Stilton of Brunei you're thinking of..... :whistle:

Guest TK-421
Grow organically, in Everton's case just like mould.

And here was me thinking organic stuff was better for you.

I'll stick to my pesticides.

Look at us, look at us, look at us. Please look at us. No, don't look over there at the other side of Stanley Park - with their real investment suitors, with their real international fanbase, with their real stadium plans, with their real European membership, with their real England striker, and with their real calss Spanish midfielder - look at us, look at us, look at us. Oh please, oh please, oh please look at us. We're over here.

Sad, sad, sad little bastards. I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

Look at us, look at us, look at us. Please look at us. No, don't look over there at the other side of Stanley Park - with their real investment suitors, with their real international fanbase, with their real stadium plans, with their real European membership, with their real England striker, and with their real calss Spanish midfielder - look at us, look at us, look at us. Oh please, oh please, oh please look at us. We're over here.

Sad, sad, sad little bastards. I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

Spot on, the summer is always a laugh with them aswell. Remember last Summer they said they were interested in Kuyt? When Smith joined Utd and it was rumoured we were interested they announced they'd made a bid to Leeds. They always mouth off in the press and always get told to fuck off by the player, feel quite sorry for them really.....Well I dont actually.

"But to get beyond that, we need an investment of some type from outside. To attract that type of investment, we've had to do what we are doing now, to show that we are running the business properly.

"The investors we have spoken to have been impressed by the increase in turnover, our reductions in cost in some areas and our plans for the future. They see the shoots of recovery there."

:lol:

What a joke that is. It has to be Fortress Sports again if they are impressed with the increased turnover. Their own fans have shreaded the clubs figures to pieces. Everton FC are financially unviable. A report done for evertons shareholders show they expect to make a loss of £17m this year, wiping out most of last years profit.

There is no way they will make a profit in the current financial year. They only made a meaningful profit last year because of the sale of rooney. Without that their best ever results would have been a breakeven. AND that was before they took interest into account.

The fact with everton is they posted a profit after interest and tax of £23.5m Take out the Rooney transfer and sale of fixed assets they made a loss. Those two exceptional items put them in the black.

New article in IcLiverpool today....

This is better than Benny Hill:

Fans to be consulted on Goodison move Mar 31 2006

By Ian Doyle Daily Post Staff

EVERTON could soon be in a position to make the historic decision to move away from Goodison - but not without consultation with supporters.

Chief executive Keith Wyness has reiterated the club believe they should be able to decide by the end of the year on whether to remain at their home since 1892 or move to a new site.

And with time increasingly against Everton, Wyness has admitted the most increasingly likely avenue at present is to go it alone with the construction of their own facility away from Goodison, with "a number of options" available..

A groundshare with Liverpool remains on the agenda, although it would take a change of ownership at Anfield for that to genuinely become a possibility according to Wyness.

And with the cost of rebuilding Goodison in piecemeal fashion considered largely prohibitive, Wyness insists Everton cannot wait forever for their neighbours to determine their own stadium plans with the club acutely aware they cannot increase their turnover further without the construction of a new ground.

Supporters will be asked for their opinions before Everton make a final decision, with Wyness acknowledging a new stadium would have to be "something special".

"Once we have some serious options, we're going to put them in front of the fans and hear what they have to say," he said.. "That's important. We've already held two polls in the past and the over-whelming mandate in both was for a move away from Goodison.

"However, we promise there will be further consultation with supporters before we make any final decision.

"I understand the soul of football fans, I am one myself. We do not want to regurgitate another bowl. We'd have to do something special for Everton, and we have to make sure the site had the right type of feeling."

The chief executive added: "I hope to make a decision by the end of the year, I absolutely do. There comes a time when we have got to start taking our destiny in our own hands and move on.

"This is a big decision that you have to live with for 50, 60, 70 years, so you can't just make it because of a timetable that might have been set. But I believe things are starting to fall into place that would allow us to make a decision by the end of the year."

Of the three choices available to Everton, Wyness added: "The first is the redevelopment of Goodison; we have a few options on the table, but I still think that would be very hard to finance.

"Rebuilding Goodison is not impossible, but with there being various losses during the renovation it's whether it can be financed or not.

"The second is the shared stadium; but that would take a change in ownership at Liverpool for that to happen and I think we'll have a decision on whether it's a 'yes' or 'no' once and for all in the very near future.

"We have had the chance to wait and see what has happened across the park. But I hate not having my own destiny in my own hands, so we might have to make a decision on that ourselves soon.

"And the third is our own new stadium on another site. We do have several options, and people do come to me with plans on a regular basis. But if we are going to go down this third route, we'll have to make some decisions on that pretty quickly, sometime during this year."

Everton have concentrated on reorganising their business following the collapse of the Kings Dock project in February

2003. And with the financial position having dramatically improved over the last 15 months, Wyness believes, in terms of increasing revenue, the time is right to depart Goodison.

"There's no doubt we are being handicapped financially by the ground at present, particularly in the hospitality areas," he said.

"Despite the changes we have made, we are still in the bottom half of the Premiership in that respect.

"But I don't think we're losing out, because we are at Goodison. You only had to be at the Blackburn game earlier this season to know what a special place this is. There's no doubt there will be some tears shed should we ever move, because it is a spectacular stadium and has a lot of positives irrespective of the corporate hospitality.

"But if we're going to get the turnover up, then we'll have to move stadium."

"""The second is the shared stadium; but that would take a change in ownership at Liverpool for that to happen and I think we'll have a decision on whether it's a 'yes' or 'no' once and for all in the very near future. ""

Do they still try to push trough a shared stadium ??? :wallbutt:

Spot on, the summer is always a laugh with them aswell. Remember last Summer they said they were interested in Kuyt? When Smith joined Utd and it was rumoured we were interested they announced they'd made a bid to Leeds.

Still has to be topped by the 'bid' for Alan Shearer that was at least £1 million below the other bids. That was fucking ace, and hugely humiliating. I don't think Kenwright realised how much of a laughing stock they'd become.

And what happened to that construction company who were going to build them a stadium and hand it over for free? It was like Wyness had found a Golden Ticket in a Wonka Marshmallow Scrumptlicious Bar. The pitch was going to be made of Strawberry Cheesecake, the goalposts made of Liquorice Sticks, and the EFC Official Supporters Club were going to hold tea-parties with cakes and talking animals. But the fans wouldn't accept Oompa Lumpas as stewards because they're racist twats.

I think Kenwright is turning his life as Everton chairman into a screenplay. His role will be played by Elton John. Every time he fucks something else up he writes a scene where Elton looks at the mirror and says, "They laugh now, but we will see who laughs last." He hasn't yet worked out how to get Elton to laugh last, but he is convinced it will happen one day.

:D :D :D That's inspired. You should send him it as a movie pitch.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

What actually wouldn't surprise me is if the current "goodison for sale" stories are laying the footing for them to sell it, on the promise that it's going to fund the new stadium.

Then lo and behold, the new, super duper, not bought or paid by the council, mega stadium on kirkby golf course runs into "technical difficulties" and they then have to lease back Goodison, whilst trying to get a free ticket to new stadia on Stanley Park.

Of course it will also look fantastic on on the front of the Echo "EVERTON ANNOUNCE RECORD PROFITS", without actually mentioning that they are in effect, homeless.

Oh, but it'll all be our fault.

Penny for a cup of tea guv'nor (or whatever it is in Welsh)?

What actually wouldn't surprise me is if the current "goodison for sale" stories are laying the footing for them to sell it, on the promise that it's going to fund the new stadium.

Then lo and behold, the new, super duper, not bought or paid by the council, mega stadium on kirkby golf course runs into "technical difficulties" and they then have to lease back Goodison, whilst trying to get a free ticket to new stadia on Stanley Park.

Of course it will also look fantastic on on the front of the Echo "EVERTON ANNOUNCE RECORD PROFITS", without actually mentioning that they are in effect, homeless.

Oh, but it'll all be our fault.

Penny for a cup of tea guv'nor (or whatever it is in Welsh)?

Just keeping telling bitters, that the only reason this club of ours exists is because they would'nt pay the rent!

The fucking leaches are still hoping to jump on our coat tails so they get a new stadium. They keep bringing it up every now and then because they know its their best chance of moving from the shit pit. How many times do they have to be told that we want fuck all to do with them. They're like them fellas that sell things on the beach when you're on holiday, they just keep trying to sell the same old blag watch, even though you've told them to fuck off, God knows how many times.

Keep new grounds red!!