You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard's offer

Hoddy

Apologies if this has already been talked about, but it was something I was thinking about regarding Gerrard's offer of resigning the captaincy. Basically, there was talk on here of it being a bad thing - I disagree. I think the way that it happened as now put the team in better shape than it was last season. When Rafa came to the club Steven Gerrard was Houllier's appointment. Whether he wanted to or not (and I've seen little evidence to suggest he did) he couldn't change captains, as the media don't even need things like that to happen to run a story. The way Gerrard held himself on the pitch – never mind what he said off it – also gave the impression that he put himself on a level above his teammates.

Now however, with the player's offer of giving up the armband, perspectives have changed. Gerrard is no longer Houllier's appointment, but Rafa's. The Spaniard made it known that he gave Steven Gerrard his blessing to continue as skipper. Not just Rafa however, but now the players have said, "Yeah, you can be captain, but only cos we said so." (Rafa would never have said that. He would have said, "For sure, you can be captain, but only...")

My point is – besides long-winded –*that with that gesture, the balance of power may have changed for the upcoming season; that Steven Gerrard now knows he's only captain because the manager and players have deemed it so. It's a lot different, and very much better for the team as a whole, that he doesn't believe he's there by default and doesn't take the position for granted.

Don`t tell me you`re actually doing any work while you`re at work??...:)

Am I balls doing any work, and Kurt if my boss came up to me right now and asked me what I was doing on the internet while I'm supposed to be working, I'd turn and I'd say to her, "Look you, who do you think you're..."

.... err sorry Kurt, something's come up. Gotta shoot.

Am I balls doing any work, and Kurt if my boss came up to me right now and asked me what I was doing on the internet while I'm supposed to be working, I'd turn and I'd say to her, "Look you, who do you think you're..."

.... err sorry Kurt, something's come up. Gotta shoot.

Pussy;-)

To think how much money I've earnt (or not as the case may be) posting and reading on here....