You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout

Brilliant this. New series on Amazon.

Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made and I didn't know if they'd be able to do it justice but they really have.

Walton Goggins is as class as ever. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Never played the game, would that spoil my enjoyment of this any?

I watched The Last of Us despite assurances that I needn't have played that. Thought that show was shite despite everyone raving about it.

Nah not at all, it's all pretty much explained. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Never played the game, would that spoil my enjoyment of this any?

I watched The Last of Us despite assurances that I needn't have played that. Thought that show was shite despite everyone raving about it.

Might be a few bits that aren't explained sufficiently, and you'll miss some of the Easter eggs/inside jokes but nothing significant enough to ruin your enjoyment.

One of the best jokes in the series is one that directly references one of the main complaints with the game play but it's in no way necessary for your understanding of the story

SPOILER - I've not embedded it because the title is a slight spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU3-y_FWCss

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Just about to start episode 3,enjoying it so far. Goggins is superb. 

Walton Goggins is superb in everything he's in. Laughed my head off when he was Baby Billy in The Righteous Gemstones.

• Upvote 3

I thought it was excellent. The best video game to screen adaptation ever for me (though it's a low bar obviously), I liked the last of us as well but never played them. I've only actually finished Fallout 4 but have 3 and New Vegas on the computer just haven't got around to playing them as I know they'll be a major time sink. Anyway I watched it with people that never knew what the games were let alone touched them and they both enjoyed it as well.

• Upvote 2

If you have Prime Gaming (doesn’t cost anything if you have Amazon Prime) they are also giving away Fallout 76 to download/keep on Xbox which was shite when it launched, but is a lot better now. 

If you play on PC Fallout 3, New Vegas and 76 are free.

All the games and DLC’s are currently cheap as chips to buy also. On the XBox store I think they are all about 75% off. 

IMG_7480.jpeg

I'm finally starting to enjoy this 6 episodes in. Episode 1 did whet the appetite but 2 & 3 were a bit of a slog. Then 4 got me interested and 5 & 6 I've very much enjoyed.  Hopefully that upwards trajectory continues through the last 2 episodes.

I've never played the game which may have contributed to a lack of enjoyment early on, I'm sure if I knew the game there would have been lots of references to entertain me.

I finished it last night. Never played the games, really enjoyed the show. 

Walter Goggins is quality, however, he always plays a shit. He plays that role so often and so well, I do wonder if he’s even acting.