You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you are seeing ads on the forum - read this

dave u

Just now, Bjornebye said:

It wasn't inferring that you have something to gain from the ad's, it was you again acting like the forum police. You jumped on me for posting a thread on the GF because it had a couple of women involved in it. Fair enough if that's not your taste but your snide sneering way you went about it pissed me off. I thought you were doing similar here. 

And yes we do agree on the ad's. You've called me a dickhead and now a prick, you've had your say. 

The disturbingly weird one? Something to do with a fuck up you made in the title that made it sound worse than it was? Can't say I've given it a second thought since, to be honest. Good of you to keep track and call me out on being Forum Police on a thread where you agreed with me. Weird cat. 

Just now, Chris said:

The disturbingly weird one? Something to do with a fuck up you made in the title that made it sound worse than it was? Can't say I've given it a second thought since, to be honest. Good of you to keep track and call me out on being Forum Police on a thread where you agreed with me. Weird cat. 

Wasn't even sure that was it but I can't remember the detail but ok Chris. Keep up the good work on the Podcasts. I'll post less scantily clad women. Peace. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Wasn't even sure that was it but I can't remember the detail but ok Chris. Keep up the good work on the Podcasts. I'll post less scantily clad women. Peace. 

Post what you want man, I only ever see them when I hit the "show post from..." button. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final got my lazy arse around to reading the OP and actually went and pressed the correct ad-free theme button.

I've never had an enema, but I'd imagine this is what it might feel like.

Phew.

Thanks @dave u

There were times I wanted to throw my fucking laptop out the window.

• Upvote 2

• dave u changed the title to If you are seeing ads on the forum - read this
3 hours ago, bossy said:

This is what the Busy Bastards Bitch thread looked like in the good old days. 

I think we can turn this into the best thread on the site, boss.

Hardly a Herculean task comparatively speaking, but still, perhaps worth a shot.

On 06/05/2023 at 12:37, TheHowieLama said:

Didn't have my glasses on - thought this said Aids on the Forum and was about some of Bumcunt's latest posts.

On 14/05/2023 at 06:00, Mudface said:

I keep reading the thread title as 'AIDS on the forum', getting mildly alarmed and then remembering you can't catch it twice.

It was a better title for me.

Hi. For some reason I don't  manage to load - or see or do - anything on the site from my iPad. Happened after I foolishly let my subscription run out. Page crashes every time. Would like to know a workaround before renewing,  just so I know I'll be able to get in... Cheers.

5 hours ago, Tarwater said:

Hi. For some reason I don't  manage to load - or see or do - anything on the site from my iPad. Happened after I foolishly let my subscription run out. Page crashes every time. Would like to know a workaround before renewing,  just so I know I'll be able to get in... Cheers.

How do you mean? Do you just get a blank white page, or is it something else? You should be able to load up the site regardless of whether you are logged in or not. Is this issue only on your ipad?

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Hi @dave u

I renewed yesterday, can access the MF and the platinum forum but I'm not showing as paid and have adverts everywhere.

Any advice?

You are showing as paid (name is in gold), and if you can access the MF then you're definitely in. The ads are showing because of the theme you have selected. Scroll to the bottom and select the subscriber theme and the ads will stop showing.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

You are showing as paid (name is in gold), and if you can access the MF then you're definitely in. The ads are showing because of the theme you have selected. Scroll to the bottom and select the subscriber theme and the ads will stop showing.

Sorted. 

Thanks Dave. Is there a reason it automatically changes theme when membership expires but doesn’t go back when you renew? 

I’d also say I know ads help keep this place going and you need to make a living but I’d seriously review the way ads ruin the site on a mobile if not a member. 

The place is worse than the echo website and no way will anyone hang around to become a new poster or member. 

18 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Sorted. 

Thanks Dave. Is there a reason it automatically changes theme when membership expires but doesn’t go back when you renew? 

I’d also say I know ads help keep this place going and you need to make a living but I’d seriously review the way ads ruin the site on a mobile if not a member. 

The place is worse than the echo website and no way will anyone hang around to become a new poster or member. 

Yeah it just goes to the default theme and I can't do anything about it.

As for new members, people aren't really registering for forums these days so the membership is generally what it was 10 years ago. So the ads bring in more money than potential new members would, making them a necessarily evil.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

@dave u I renewed my subscription last week but I’ve started seeing ads tonight and can’t see how to change themes (see screenshots below). 

Any ideas?

IMG_0467.png

IMG_0468.png

I'll have a look now mate. The sub hasn't activated for some reason.