You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - Sat 11th Mar 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

39 minutes ago, joeyk said:

I know mate, but it is what it is. 
Bellingham in the summer is what we can realistically expect. 
It amazes me the entitlement and spoiled nature of our fans at times. We don’t have oil money. Calm the fuck down.  

To be fair though, I didn't expect Van Djik to be played off the park by Dominic Solanke. 

2 hours ago, TheSire said:

He seems to have absolutely no positional sense at all and completely lacks the awareness and alertness required to defend well.

You notice he NEVER looks around him to check who he needs to track.

Agreed. That’s why we need another right back to actually compete with him, not a young lad who won’t be able to. Keep Trent on his toes as he knows he’ll be dropped. He thinks he’s irreplaceable but he’s stunk the place out all season long.

Make top 4 by skin of our teeth

Celebrations ensue 

Buy Mason Mount and extend Milner's contract.

Don't win anything.

Make top 4.

Celebrations ensue

Rinse and repeat

With the pleasant and unexpected last five years being a nice interlude, this has been the case my entire adult life.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Have the 'learn from this' 'make sure it does not happen again' quotes started flowing from the players yet?....

Not likely, they are all on media blackout  as they are taking a stance with their comrades because of LGBQT/racism/RSPCA/Lineker/RNLI/Taking the knee/NHS/teachers/Cost of living/DEFRA/Brexit/Top Gear/climate change/Qatar/Man CIty cheating oil bastards/Animal rights/Pro fox hunting/Rights for cyclists/JK rowling/Green belt building and support your local high street.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

where the fuck is @Bjornebye with the streams?

Sorry mate I made a promise to her nephews that I'd take them the footy museum in Manchester not realising we were playing so I had to miss this. Glad I fucking did and I've avoided the fall out. Without me going back can anyone tell me who if anyone played decent, are people calling Nunez a cunt again what the fuck happened 

42 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Not likely, they are all on media blackout  as they are taking a stance with their comrades because of LGBQT/racism/RSPCA/Lineker/RNLI/Taking the knee/NHS/teachers/Cost of living/DEFRA/Brexit/Top Gear/climate change/Qatar/Man CIty cheating oil bastards/Animal rights/Pro fox hunting/Rights for cyclists/JK rowling/Green belt building and support your local high street.

Not Trent!

Bingo!

Eeee arrr house!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/03/they-wanted-it-more-trent-alexander-arnolds-unacceptable-verdict-on-bournemouth-loss/

“This is the time of the season when everyone knows what they are fighting for and obviously Bournemouth are in a relegation battle, so they are fighting for survival,” the No. 66 said.

“But every team in the league is fighting for something so it means a lot to get the three points and I think looking back on it now, they probably wanted it more than us and that is something that is unacceptable and we need to make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

We’re absolutely terrible defensively. Bournemouth could easily have scored a couple more today. Wolves that can’t score at all scored three against us, could have had more. Many games have been like that.

We’re worse than Brentford, Southampton and West Ham in the XGC table.

If im reading this right, according to those stats, we are also 4th, a point behind Brighton in 3rd, so maybe they dont mean that much in isolation?

We need a change of leader - no offence but Trumo must go now!

People with better records have done the honourable thing and walked away when realised can't do the job - people have been forced out for less than defeats like today.

Time for change - Trumo has tried his best and has had some cracking results, and is a good egg, but ultimately this along with the debacle against Real Madrid is a poor performance too far.

We need new blood for the run in......it is time to do what is right to give us a fighting chance!

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

We need a change of leader - no offence but Trumo must go now!

People with better records have done the honourable thing and walked away when realised can't do the job - people have been forced out for less than defeats like today.

Time for change - Trumo has tried his best and has had some cracking results, and is a good egg, but ultimately this along with the debacle against Real Madrid is a poor performance too far.

We need new blood for the run in......it is time to do what is right to give us a fighting chance!

I started the Barca miracle thread, I'm putting my cock on the table for this one. Nothing to lose. I agree, we need a new thread starter moving forward. This game would have been a poisoned chalice. 

I know we have had worse defeats and performances this season and i know we all know that this is the side we are this season (as evidenced by the results) but this one stings worse than any of them so far.

The euphoria of last weekend - on the back of an uptick in results over last few games, some belief and momentum finally seemingly being there, being right back in thick of top 4 race, a chance to put pressure on sides around us playing before them this weekend, last game in league before a long break and ahead of 3 of the hardest games we could have to come up as next 3 league games....and what do we do? Put in a display like that - and get beat by the side who started the day rock bottom - and miss a penalty to get back into game on top.

This stings and stings badly.

Worst result of season so far (in a season of a lot of bad results) IMHO given the circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I started the Barca miracle thread, I'm putting my cock on the table for this one. Nothing to lose. I agree, we need a new thread starter moving forward. This game would have been a poisoned chalice. 

A brave move - but why not!

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

We'e been shit in Satuday 12:30 kick-offs this season. We've been shit wearing that hideous acid trip kit this season. Put the two together and we get today's result.

Fucking hell, where to start? Were we complacent? Some of our players certainly gave that appearance. Were we under-prepared for Bournemouth's approach to this game? I cannot for a second believe that the players are setting foot on the pitch and being caught cold because they are facing the exact opposite scenarios to what they prepare for in training sessions. Did we lack belief? Incredible considering the performance in our last game.

We've been in these situation loads of times in the past. That poor season off the back of a very good one, where we become riddled with inconsistency yet remain on the cusp of a top 4 spot because the others around us are similarly inconsistent (with 1 or 2 have miles better seasons than previously). Then we go and fuck things up and make it harder for ourselves.

Klopp really hates these early kick offs, I do wonder if his bias rubs of on the players somehow?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the centre half stepping up to take the eleventh penalty. 

29 minutes ago, John102 said:

If im reading this right, according to those stats, we are also 4th, a point behind Brighton in 3rd, so maybe they dont mean that much in isolation?

The table I found we were in the bottom half. Brighton are fourth I think. Can’t see any info on how fresh the data are, but doesnt look very surprising any of it. As you can see Everton are at the wrong end of the table.

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/47/stats/season/17664/teams/expected_goals_conceded_team

2 minutes ago, suzy said:

Klopp really hates these early kick offs, I do wonder if his bias rubs of on the players somehow?

Funny you should say that. I live close by, couldnt get a ticket but took my daughter down to watch the Liverpool  bus come in and get some pics of players- it was great, we were right at the front  and got loads of pics that made daughters day.

Couple of observations-

Liverpool  arrived in two coaches- Klopp. Lljinders and all the staff on one, (there werent many of them) players seperate on another? Is that the norm? Seems a bit disjointed as a squad in terms of leadership.

They arrived almost 1130- Doesnt leave long for warm up/ team talk before kick off- it was freezing down there and would have taken a while to get used to?

Only players that looked awake and cracked a smile were Milner/Bobby/Elliot and Nunez- rest looked like they had just got up.out of wrong side of bed

Henderson was only person on both coaches wearing a facemask

Im not sure what I point Im making- perhaps that Klopp would be with his players and they would look like they were chomping at the bit.

Bit superfan I know....

• Upvote 4