You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - Sat 11th Mar 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

An absolutely shocking performance that. We played well for ten minutes the fell apart completely. And it happened before they scored. Apart from the penalty we didnt create a single proper chance in the second half.

A digraceful display. 

I think Gakpo, Konate and to some degree Jota were less poor than the rest. Bajcetic also trying, even if he was pretty shit. Salah and Trent were probably our worst players, which is some achievement. Van Dijk terrible on a couple of occasions, but also won plenty of duels, on the ground and in the air, replace him with Gomez or Matip in this game and we loose by three or four.

I dont understand why after the united game, building a bit of momentum and confidence (You would hope), we start Bajcetic and Elliott together. I know others were shocking today, but surely sticking with the team that has just put 7 (Seven) past united was the way to go, particularly with only the Madrid game for the next few weeks.

Van dijk was shite today, he did fuck all for their goal. Not even an attempt to run with the player who crossed. Talk about a new centre half, I suggest a left sided one that can give him a boot up the arse and take his place. Salah, can’t sub him for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He was appalling today. But his attitude was the worst part. Fucking Billy Big Bollocks thinking he only has to be on the pitch. 

The way he just stopped running for their goal. Truly inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The thing that was clear after the Everton and Man United games was that there was a path for this team to become a real force when we can get a lot of quick transitions. Either through the stupidity of the opposition and or through jolts of energy here and there. 

And then a game like this where Bournemouth play pretty intelligently and don't give us loads of space to run into, shows that this team has pretty much nothing else in their locker. 

The long term plan still absolutely has to be in question after a game like that. Tactically, physically, our recent transfer activity. And lets not even get into the mental aspect which is a shambles. 

Who knows maybe one day Klopp will play with an attacking midfielder in a number 10 postion. Maybe that can be part of our "long term plan". Stranger things have happened. 

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think Gakpo played pretty well and would have had another goal but for the handball. Unfortunately, everyone else is poor.

We need to look at our preparation for 12.30pm kick offs because we always seem to perform poorly in these games.

We've a 3 week break coming up imagine how predictably shite we are going to be after that.

The bad news is that Newcastle now have two games in hand over us and are only one point behind.

Top four is still not a given, so that performance is criminal. Each and every player should have their match day fee withheld. See how you like them apples.

Unless….it was part of the grand plan to get top four while getting Everton relegated. Ha. Ha. Ha.

5 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I’d sell Salah and Van Dijk in the summer. They are very big reasons why we are so poor. We are not willing to work and they are some of the senior players that are setting the tone. 

Can't say I disagree, and I'd be asking Trent if he fancies it here or wants a move.  

I mean, on the face of it we've only conceded 1 goal in the last 6 PL games.  That's excellent. 

The problem is the creativity is so sporadic, so rare, that the opposition can contain us for 30 mins without breaking a sweat.  They end up looking fresher than us. 

I've never seen such a physical mismatch between two teams. Elliott, Bajcetic, Salah, Gakpo, Trent, Robbo, all getting owned.  No composure, no urgency, no movement, no point. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We've a 3 week break coming up imagine how predictably shite we are going to be after that.

And 3 games in little over a week that are amongst the hardest can face.

Cheats away - no explanation needed

Chelsea away - haven't scored against them for about 20 years.

Arsenal home - best side in league

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Ill have nightmares for a while about Salah, trying to curl a pen in the top corner, when we are losing 1 nil away from home.

Yeah, you do that shite when you 3 or 4 nil up.

I could feel it in my bones he wasn't going to score but I did think it would be a save rather than kicking it out of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Attitude stinks from most of our established players. Need breaking up and fucking off

We need to grow some bollocks and get rid of the likes of Salah, Henderson, Matip I'd even sell Jota.

• Like 1