You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - Sat 11th Mar 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

16 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The tight yank cunts have their excuses lined up now, expect Fat dwarf cunt Pearce to start dropping stories about budget expected to be contingent on CL qualification.

It’s been happening for a while. Bellingham will do well at Manchester United, while we’ll be scrambling for a couple of £35m punts (after sales). Not sure we can expect to be able to compete with the behemoths like Brighton and even a relegated West Ham in the summer market.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Can't say I disagree, and I'd be asking Trent if he fancies it here or wants a move.  

I mean, on the face of it we've only conceded 1 goal in the last 6 PL games.  That's excellent. 

The problem is the creativity is so sporadic, so rare, that the opposition can contain us for 30 mins without breaking a sweat.  They end up looking fresher than us. 

I've never seen such a physical mismatch between two teams. Elliott, Bajcetic, Salah, Gakpo, Trent, Robbo, all getting owned.  No composure, no urgency, no movement, no point. 

Be compact against us, have a bit of physicality and some runners into the oceans of space we leave and you will get plenty of joy against us - been happening all season and it is why our results against the dross are so poor.

The sad reality is we have seen and will continue to see too many days like today until we break the stagnation that has set in and start the desperately required and overdue rebuild.

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

I dont understand why after the united game, building a bit of momentum and confidence (You would hope), we start Bajcetic and Elliott together. I know others were shocking today, but surely sticking with the team that has just put 7 (Seven) past united was the way to go, particularly with only the Madrid game for the next few weeks.

I guarantee Henderson will have been held back for the Madrid game, in the mistaken belief that we will actually have a chance. However, Hendo not starting was the only change from the Utd game, so there are no fucking excuses. Elliott started, as he should have. Bajcetic wasn’t aweful in the first 20. If the VVD header had gone in, different game. We needed the first goal.

Oh well…onwards and downwards.

We finally have a week this season of feeling good and then they go and ruin it with a performance like that. I missed the first 20 minutes and we did apparently start the game pretty well by the sound of it, but from the first few minutes I saw it just had the look of the type of half-assed mistake-ridden performances we've just seen far too many times this season. There were so many different players who could have done better on the goal that I don't even know where to start. We looked completely clueless at the other end. Had Mo stuck away the penalty it might have inspired a better final 20 minutes and a winning goal, but it wasn't even a surprise that he missed the way the afternoon had been going. All optimism completely drained. A long wait until the next game now and then a tough run of 3 games after that which may completely kill our top 4 hopes. Does it even matter if we do perform in those games any more? They could beat Arsenal and then throw in another performance like that against relegation fodder the following week. You can't just keep picking and choosing what games you're up for. This team have managed to develop every infuriating habit that has plagued this club for the majority of the time since the 90s. 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s been happening for a while. Bellingham will do well at Manchester United, while we’ll be scrambling for a couple of £35m punts (after sales). Not sure well can expect to be able to compete with the behemoths like Brighton and even a relegated West Ham in the summer market.

We just lost to Bournemouth with a strong 11. The hypothetical lack of future investment complaints shouldn't be what's at the forefront. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Van dijk was shite today, he did fuck all for their goal. Not even an attempt to run with the player who crossed. Talk about a new centre half, I suggest a left sided one that can give him a boot up the arse and take his place. Salah, can’t sub him for some reason. 

I thought trent was at fault for completely losing his man. 

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

We need to grow some bollocks and get rid of the likes of Salah, Henderson, Matip I'd even sell Jota.

Why would you sell Jota just after he's back from a long term injury? I know you hate Mo Salah but selling Jota? 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We just lost to Bournemouth with a strong 11. The hypothetical lack of future investment complaints shouldn't be what's at the forefront. 

Agree mostly but we did have two teenagers in midfield. However, the established players were a joke.

Where do you start with that predictable shambles? 

Klopp -everyone knows EXACTLY how we will line up and the tactics- change it up, that’s YOUR job.

Salah - your ego is off the chart and you’ve been garbage since you got your pay day. It not about YOU!!! Earn it.

TAA - you’re a joke. Try jumping at the far post rather than cowering down. Being a local doesn’t excuse being a coward

Henderson - do something other than shit out of tackles, pass the the buck with your trade-mark 2 foot passes backwards and sideways, and pointing. For the first time I’m your career - LEAD!!!! 

Gakpo / Nunez - basic rules of being a striker - look across the line and stay onside. Fucking basics that a school kid learns. Use your eyes and what tiny matter you have between your ears. 

We'e been shit in Satuday 12:30 kick-offs this season. We've been shit wearing that hideous acid trip kit this season. Put the two together and we get today's result.

Fucking hell, where to start? Were we complacent? Some of our players certainly gave that appearance. Were we under-prepared for Bournemouth's approach to this game? I cannot for a second believe that the players are setting foot on the pitch and being caught cold because they are facing the exact opposite scenarios to what they prepare for in training sessions. Did we lack belief? Incredible considering the performance in our last game.

We've been in these situation loads of times in the past. That poor season off the back of a very good one, where we become riddled with inconsistency yet remain on the cusp of a top 4 spot because the others around us are similarly inconsistent (with 1 or 2 have miles better seasons than previously). Then we go and fuck things up and make it harder for ourselves.

How many times have our midfield scored for us this season in all comps? 

7 times from a total of 39 games.  

If you take Elliott out of the equation, it's 2 in 39. 

0 goals from Henderson, Fabinho, Arthur, Milner, Keita, Thiago, Jones.  

1 goals for Bajcetic and Ox.

5 for Elliott. 

And just 7 assists between all 10 of them.  

Elliott is our 4th highest scorer this season.  

Let it all sink in. 

Our defenders collectively have 20 assists and 7 goals. 

That's it.  Feel it grow inside you.