You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 16-18 2022)

tlw content

Lineker, Dublin and Richards were all dressed in funeral attire to present MOTD and it was fucking hilarious to be honest. Lineker talking in a really sombre tone and Richards having to sit there all serious and fighting with every inch of his body not to go into his default laughing policeman act. 

Managers had been asked to wear black suits too. Most of them did, which makes me even more glad our game was called off as I wouldn’t have wanted Jurgen put into that position. Why the fuck should he wear a suit and lead his players out just because the monarch of someone else’s country died at the ripe old age of 96? He’d have probably done it because he’s a bigger man than I am, but I’m glad he didn’t need to. 

Some games were postponed and some were switched to Friday night, no idea why but it will somehow be related to arl Liz popping her clogs. Something about policing apparently. Brentford aren’t that far away from Chelsea and their game went ahead, so fuck knows. Definitely for the best though as us and Chelsea mix like oil and water and if you throw a dead queen into the mix then carnage was the likely outcome.

I’ll kick things off with the Friday night games where the minute’s silence at the City Ground was interrupted as a kid shouted “You Reds!” a couple of times. Then some fella shouted it too and then you could clearly hear someone yell out “shut up you cunt”. Maybe it’s just me, but that’s actually worse than the initial ‘offence’. I’m sure the Queen was looking down in appreciation of that support from one of her loyal subjects. The funniest part was the kids mum then shouting “he’s got tourettes”. Always the victims, never their fault etc.

The east midlands is the absolute hub of “little England” so this amused me greatly. They’ll have been frothing at the mouth at “those scouse scum” when those two knobheads disrupted the period of silence at Anfield but lo and behind, the same thing happened at their place. Same with Everton. High Horse FC were all over twitter attacking us after the Ajax game, but then the same thing happened at their game, only with even more fans shouting. Happened at Spurs too. Such disrespect!

Awoniyi headed Forest into the lead early on against Fulham from a corner, and Fulham equalised the same way through Tosin. Palhinha’s lovely strike made it 2-1 to Fulham and Harrison Reed finished off a lovely counter attack to make it 3-1.

Forest rallied and Awoniyi missed a sitter that would have been an exact replica of his goal. This time it hit his shoulder though. Awful miss. Costly too as Forest did get back to within one goal when O’Brien found the net. Fulham held on though and they’ve started the season really well to be fair. I’m wrong about them and I might be wrong about Forest too.

Forest are actually giving me flashbacks to Fulham a few years ago. Remember when I kept saying how Fulham looked decent and they’d stay up, and then it got to February and they were about 12 points from safety and it suddenly hit me that “wait, these are actually SHITE”. I’m not there yet with Forest but there is a definite similarity there. They spent loads on buying a whole new team, they play good football, they’re easy on the eye, they score goals but keep losing because they leak like a sieve. Exactly like Fulham the other year.

I still think Forest will improve and get their defending right as Steve Cooper is a good coach. They’re doing plenty of things well but when you concede as frequently as they do it undermines everything else. They’ve made so many changes that it will take time to settle but at least they look like they’ve got goals in them. If they’d just tightened up a little bit they’d have about six points more than they currently have. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic