You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I started the process of remortgaging several months the ago and that included my missus coming onto the mortgage and so there was some complexity with the legals and getting documents drafted up to protect equity and such like.

with life being a bit of a shitstorm at the moment and her dad being at deaths door in hospital for months, and me being someone that likes to put off difficult jobs to tomorrow, and conveyancers being generally lazy and shit, and the legals side of that business getting loads wrong in the first several drafts of the legal documents, we suddenly found ourselves not having completed it all with an expiry date of 30th September looming and the financial world going to ratshit.

Well, completed today. Money in the bank. All our loans and credit cards and my car finance paid off. 5 year fixed rate. Lower rate than my previous variable was, way lower than I’d get offered today if starting the same process. 

Life is still full of lots of shite, but at least for a little while I don’t need to worry too much about cash in my pocket Month to month.

I know loads of people are gonna be struggling and it’s not great form to be saying “look at me, I’m sorted, I’m ok” but do you know what, I’m fucking relieved and it’s made me happy for a few minutes.

Nice one mate. I ran up a big credit card after we had our second kid, but luckily I managed to spend a year or so clearing that and paying off my car. The less you owe other people the better, if you can do it. 

Now I'm just getting gangbanged by a mortgage, council tax and British Gas, probably got less money than I did five years ago! 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

How fucking random is it that the Outer Hebrides vote Lib Dem?

Hebrides are Labour on that map. Orkney & Shetland are Lib Dem. I think it's Scotland agreeing to be sarcastic about that General Election when Nick Clegg made a big deal of campaigning from Land's End to John O'Groats, and his party got wiped out everywhere he went.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Jim Taggart over here. 

When my sister was a kid, she put Taggart as an answer to the crossword clue "Geordie detective" when it should have been Spender. Me and my brother are still taking the piss out of her for it decades later. Good times.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Lewis Goodall saying that Labour are in active discussions with “multiple” Tory MPs to defeat certain aspects of the “mini-budget” particularly the 45p tax rate. 

Having a party rebellion, no matter how big/small, after about a month of leadership is fairly disastrous.

Veteran Tory Roger Gayle said if this was a budget and it got voted down they'd have to resign and we"d be looking at an election. Unfortunately they framed it as a fiscal statement so it doesn't qualify. 

49 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Soubrys up for it,

Hate this road to Damascus shit these former Tories always trot out.

Like no fucking Tory government has ever slashed benefits or shit on the poor. Bedroom tax, miner's strikes, managed decline, the list is endless. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The mad thing is deep down you knew the second you saw her "pork markets" meme she'd end up Prime minister. Its what this country does.

I called it from the first PM hustings when she was clearly the worst candidate and laughably bad.  Loads wrote her off, but you've got to think like a maroon-trousered flag-masturbator. 

More generally, I'm agitating for some action against this government, it's downright fucking evil and needs to be defeated.

London is such a fairytale bubble for these nonces. Nobody stops them in the street?  I can't believe people there haven't taken a swing.  If not now, when? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hate this road to Damascus shit these former Tories always trot out.

Like no fucking Tory government has ever slashed benefits or shit on the poor. Bedroom tax, miner's strikes, managed decline, the list is endless. 

Does very quick check..

Yep, you're right.

• Upvote 1