You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

As I said earlier in the thread, the Tory membership have to be held responsible.

Johnson was a known quantity, he did NOTHING during his  tenure that was out of character.

Truss outlined these economic plans at length, despite them being widely pilloried. She too, won at a canter. 

The Tory party membership are enablers of this absolute social and economic pestilence. 

Rectified my fat fingered neg.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

As I said earlier in the thread, the Tory membership have to be held responsible.

Johnson was a known quantity, he did NOTHING during his  tenure that was out of character.

Truss outlined these economic plans at length, despite them being widely pilloried. She too, won at a canter. 

The Tory party membership are enablers of this absolute social and economic pestilence. 

The PCP put her forward to the blue rinse loons knowing full well she was likely to win so they are the true cunts imo .

Fundamental issue for me is that they have zero mandate for this radical madness . Off the scale smash and grab agenda has never put anywhere near a manifesto at a General Election yet here 99 % of the population are with a Government hell bent on making them suffer whilst the remaining 1% fill their boots. 

Why do they keep banging on about getting the economy going and getting people into jobs.

People are in jobs and according to their own figures we have record low unemployment rates, the lowest since 1974!!

is there a magic job tree where we all get another job with more money to help increase the tax receipts and is it anywhere near the magic money tree?? Asking for a friend

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Party of business 

UK lenders Virgin Money and Skipton Building Society temporarily withdrew mortgage deals for new customers on Monday, reacting to financial market volatility prompted by the government’s mini-budget

I think Oborne might not be too far off the money with his observations above. This could all quickly collapse.

5 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Why do they keep banging on about getting the economy going and getting people into jobs.

People are in jobs and according to their own figures we have record low unemployment rates, the lowest since 1974!!

is there a magic job tree where we all get another job with more money to help increase the tax receipts and is it anywhere near the magic money tree?? Asking for a friend

The bottom line is that the party is built on pure individualism, like a financial Sparta but built on patronage and corruption rather than ability, but Christian sensibilities that wider society is built on means they have to feign concern for the sick and poor.

They get around this by blaming you for your own suffering. If you're poor it's because you don't work, or don't work hard enough. 

In the future, if you can't afford health care or a tutor for your kids, it's because you don't work hard enough.

Rich = hard worker 

Poor = lazy.

It's not true of course. I know people with three jobs (literally) who're still broke. 

They know that, they just don't care. When people realise this everything will start to make more sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dandyman said:

They want people to have 3 jobs just to survive

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The bottom line is that the party is built on pure individualism, like a financial Sparta but built on patronage and corruption rather than ability, but Christian sensibilities that wider society is built on means they have to feign concern for the sick and poor.

They get around this by blaming you for your own suffering. If you're poor it's because you don't work, or don't work hard enough. 

In the future, if you can't afford health care or a tutor for your kids, it's because you don't work hard enough.

Rich = hard worker 

Poor = lazy.

It's not true of course. I know people with three jobs (literally) who're still broke. 

They know that, they just don't care. When people realise this everything will start to make more sense.

Harsh that.

You must have to work incredibly hard and overcome many obstacles to get to the top in this country

I mean just look at boris johnson