You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Mon 22nd Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Have you ever seen how our successful midfields have been set up under Klopp?

Of course. A couple fellas running endlessly around kicking the other side, then a passmaster at the left 8, well, then also Henderson. Bring in a young guy to push forward from the left - then try one on the right.

Did I miss anything?

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Small thing, but we don’t engage in the dark arts anywhere near enough. Mo wasn’t the right person for it, but somebody should have started something when Fernandes was holding the ball, making sure he gets another yellow. We didn’t even challenge the referee on it, who was happy enough to do nothing. 

Absolutely right. I don't know what Fernandes thought was repeatedly attacking his left eye, but he was really trying every trick going. We should have had a third of their team booked, and then pressed them into further mistakes. Even Fulham were pulling the 'collapse with cramp from the hour mark onwards' ruse. Why the hell are so many 'top' players being hit with cramp this season? It's almost as though they watch each other on the telly. We need to have a few tricks of our own.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We look bad, but I thought identically when we went on that awful run during the Covid lockdown. Didn’t see us getting back to a position like we got to last season. 

I know what you mean I was the same and don't write these players off etc. But the key players were a little younger and we had added motivations then.  Being unable to celebrate the title win and crowds returning being the two obvious ones.

I just can't see it this time without some serious fresh blood, and legs.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The offside was a bit of a puzzle. At first, I thought Rashford looked on. But the picture with the lines drawn on, it looked like his leading foot was in front of the last defender but the caption said 'on side'!

The camera, creating the still, isn't level with the line. It's a deceptive angle. Seen it a few times now which is why unless really really fucking obvious I'm loathe to call corruption on these.

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

His weaknesses are, in a way, admirable, in that he tries too hard, he abandons his position whenever he loses the ball because he's trying to win it back and make amends, and he is willing to try to beat players who are too powerful for him. So I don't like criticising him, but he's not right for this team as it currently is. He's like Jay Spearing in Kenny's last season - lots of sweat and effort but simply not enough effectiveness.

Good vibes, but even if you built a midfield around him he's not good enough to warrant that freedom. 

We've got an superiority complex around our youth players. 

We're in the ring with Barca etc.

Our youth players cannot be Jones and Elliott.

Comparatively shite. 

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Still got fairly high hopes for Elliott but Jones looks bang average. Needs a loan probably, see if anyone can get anything out of him.

Someone like Jones would absolutely go the Dele Ali way elsewhere. Here has a chance, if he can be made to realise just how bleak it will be if he fails here. He has the potential but I fear he'll just coast here and absolutely go off the rails elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Klopp said in his interview that we have to look after the 14/15 fit players we have. I wonder if we haven't been able to train with the same level of intensity because of fear of further injuries.

A few of the ones that played probably have minor injuries as well. Fabinho’s overnight transformation from good to poor for example seems strange.

We simply shouldn't be having this kind of injury crisis at the start of a season. We've got half a fecking country of medical experts employed at the club, for christs sake! It's no good Jurgen saying it's as if a witch has been at the club. Something has gone badly wrong with our preparation. 

I'm ok with this. Much less stress in a top 4 finish.  

Honestly, if the players aren't arsed about putting the effort in then why should I? 

Milner was the voice of reason, pleading with Van Dijk to up his game, but too many seemed ok with mediocrity.  

Fuck it.  More important things in life than this. Klopp loves his squad, fair play to him, I hope he enjoys the season.  

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm ok with this. Much less stress in a top 4 finish.  

Honestly, if the players aren't arsed about putting the effort in then why should I? 

Milner was the voice of reason, pleading with Van Dijk to up his game, but too many seemed ok with mediocrity.  

Fuck it.  More important things in life than this. Klopp loves his squad, fair play to him, I hope he enjoys the season.  

...And then he took the trouble to post it and his self-delusion was wrecked.

This was semi predictable. United simply cut out the mistakes, made us work to create chances, and we couldn't do it. We're one of the worst teams in the league thus far and it's simple to get a result against us.

And yeah, we need to sign a midfielder, but someone needs to answer for the fact we're simply a bad team right now and for the pre-season, which has somehow crippled the team.

Trent and van Dijk aren't even trying, there's no running. I would gather we're probably around last in sprints and KM's run, without looking it up. Almost no one is playing well.

Buying someone might be the answer, but it's like ten Hag before this game; his squad wasn't good enough, but you can't lose 4-0 to Brentford. It was also his fault. For us, the midfield isn't good enough, but we just shouldn't be this bad.

VVD needs a good partner now more than ever, especially with that weak midfield ahead of him. It's just fucking typical that both Matip and Konate are out for ages. Two long-term crocks that we are dependent on. Sick of these brittle players that are always injured.

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

VVD needs a good partner now more than ever, especially with that weak midfield ahead of him. It's just fucking typical that both Matip and Konate are out for ages. Two long-term crocks that we are dependent on. Sick of these brittle players that are always injured.

Van Dijk needs to stop thinking he's too cool to put in a tackle, is what he needs. Milner might have put in a 1 out of 10 performance, but he was absolutely right to chew him out for fucking standing there like a dope in front of Sancho.