You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Snakes

rb14

I'm not prepared to bump a thread entitled "Fucking snakes" because snakes are amazing. 

I was walking back in to the hotel this afternoon, when this work of art popped its beautiful head out of the undergrowth less than a metre away. Utterly glorious. Easily four feet long. 

PXL_20220222_095323397.jpg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

I thought the ‘Fucking Snakes’ thread was about women without tits

anyway here’s some snakes

vipers.jpg

And very beautiful they are too. 

I took this pic of a grass snake on our lawn back in July last year. We get loads of them. And yes, I understand grass snakes aren't actually snakes at all. 

PXL_20210709_150707507~2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'll never forget this Galapagos episode

To be fair, they probably do qualify as "fucking snakes." 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

'Utterly glorious, easily 4 ft long' 

I mean, these things just write themselves.

This one raised an eyebrow

'One of my best friends growing up had all sorts of pythons. They were amazing to hold, and they loved curling up around you for heat. 

They were only five or six feet in size though.'

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is that a grass snake or an adder? They say they are difficult to tell apart,apart from that one is very good at maths.

It's an adder, I believe. Although definitely looks on the larger end of things, so maybe not.

4 minutes ago, nimrod said:

My son and family are doing the 'Great Australian Road Trip' and are in Tasmania for a bit.
This tiger snake (above) was their camping neighbour for one night only.

Apparently Tasmania is full of those Tiger snakes too. They feed on a massive bird population it seems. I saw a nature documentary on it once.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Apparently Tasmania is full of those Tiger snakes too. They feed on a massive bird population it seems. I saw a nature documentary on it once.

He's got his 3yo son with him who had the instinct to stay well clear also his two Maltese terriers that did a lot of barking and raised the alarm.

I read about a village where the kids even the odd adult would go missing, turns out the village was built on stilts and underneath was living a giant anaconda, this mother fucker would wrap himself around someone slowly getting tighter and tighter all while looking you directly in the eyes flicking it's tongue to see if you are still breathing, then swallowing you whole before youre really dead. Yeah you can keep your snakes and take them to hell with you when you go.

On 22/02/2022 at 16:29, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

'I walked back into our hotel this afternoon' oh look at Mr jet setter jet setting and letting us know allll about it, fuck offfff.

Whereas you'd have seen one when you were sitting in your piss-stained tracky bottoms, on a bench in a Runcorn town centre churchyard, shouting obscenities at anyone and everyone. 

• Upvote 1