You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This chant that we are getting grief for

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Well said. Some of our fans are twats. We are getting the shitty end of the stick in a way, but whataboutery doesn’t help anything.

I always used to think it was ridiculous to suggest every one of our fans had to be angels whilst we were getting called murderers and that we had killed our own fans,week in,week out.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People saying that "nobody" mentions the Hillsborough chants are doing a disservice to the Reds who have campaigned against them and have managed to get the FA, journalists and other clubs to condemn the chants. 

'To get them to say' rather than them simply 'saying' that they are vile sums up the whole situation in a nutshell.

Not sure if it’s mentioned in the match thread but Chelsea apparently had 16 fans ejected from the away end for persistent singing of Hillsborough songs after being warned to stop. 

It’s only 16. But, it’s a start and it might start to send out the message that we’ve had enough of away supporter’s bile if the number of ejected fans starts to increase. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Not sure if it’s mentioned in the match thread but Chelsea apparently had 16 fans ejected from the away end for persistent singing of Hillsborough songs after being warned to stop. 

It’s only 16. But, it’s a start and it might start to send out the message that we’ve had enough of away supporter’s bile if the number of ejected fans starts to increase. 

Was this in on a national newspaper websites? Was this on the BBC website? It needs to be called out on MOTD. 

People shouldn't only be able to find it on football websites and local newspapers. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I wonder if the cunts singing about Hillsborough have been arrested?

What would you charge them with?

The bottom line is that there is a law against homophobic (or racist or whatever) chanting; there is no law against Hillsborough (or Heysel or Munich or whatever) chants. It's a false equivalence.  The best we can do is eject the fuckers from Anfield and keep trying to persuade the Premier League, the FA and other clubs to take some action.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What would you charge them with?

The bottom line is that there is a law against homophobic (or racist or whatever) chanting; there is no law against Hillsborough (or Heysel or Munich or whatever) chants. It's a false equivalence.  The best we can do is eject the fuckers from Anfield and keep trying to persuade the Premier League, the FA and other clubs to take some action.

Being cunts. 

19 minutes ago, aws said:

Behaviour likely to occasion a breach of the peace. 

If the rent boys chant is homophobic (I'm still not convinced) then those songs are most certainly likely to occasion a breach of the peace.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's no if about it: it just is.

Because the FA have said it is?

Ok.

If it's upsetting Liverpool supporters, then I agree it should stop but I'm not sure I go along with everything the FA/government/police say quite as happily as you seem to.

It's the main story on the BBC footy page. I've no issues with the arrests for homophobic chanting, about time it was stamped out.

But I'm sick to the back teeth of us being walked all over in relation to the Hillsborough chanting. Yeah the Munich bollocks has rightly been stamped out over the years, but it seems we're just expected to grin and bear the Hillsborough shit. 16 dickheads getting kicked out the ground on Saturday was a start, but we need to be stronger about it!

• Upvote 1

We need to take control of this, there’s surely nothing stopping us. We should let it be known to all PL clubs that we will reduce their away allocation by 500 every time their fans sing songs about Hillsborough, making clear which songs we mean. We should also state that if a club is guilty a third time we will completely ban their away supporters from Anfield for one season, and when they do come back they will be banned for a further three seasons if they chant those songs again. I’m pretty sure this will soon put an end to it.

• Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

We need to take control of this, there’s surely nothing stopping us. We should let it be known to all PL clubs that we will reduce their away allocation by 500 every time their fans sing songs about Hillsborough, making clear which songs we mean. We should also state that if a club is guilty a third time we will completely ban their away supporters from Anfield for one season, and when they do come back they will be banned for a further three seasons if they chant those songs again. I’m pretty sure this will soon put an end to it.

It probably would but no doubt the FA and PL cunts won't let us!

1 hour ago, aws said:

Behaviour likely to occasion a breach of the peace. 

They'd release them afterwards then, as there’s no criminal offence of breach of the peace. You could easily argue that Hillsborough chants would amount to a section 4A Public Order offence as you’d imagine that any Liverpool fans, or bereaved families, subject to such bile would suffer the required alarm or distress. 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Ok.

If it's upsetting Liverpool supporters, then I agree it should stop but I'm not sure I go along with everything the FA/government/police say quite as happily as you seem to.

Obviously not. The FA are as shite as they've always been at dealing with homophobia (or racism or sexism).  The CPS caught on to what fans (led by Liverpool fans) were explaining to anyone who would listen. 

Screenshot_2023-01-24-17-42-03-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-24-17-42-23-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Ok.

Maybe stop and think about it for yourself, because you're starting to come across a bit like people who insist that a golliwog is "just a harmless doll".