Quantcast
The Darts Thread 2021 - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Preston Red

The Darts Thread 2021

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Looks great apart from the San Miguel.

San Miguel is darts fuel. Its a fine line though. Too many and its fair to say your 3 dart average starts to drop dramatically! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

what weights are you guys throwing?

 

I currently throw a 12g unicorn (not bunting's) with a tiny unicorn phase 5 flight and short stems.

I need the tiny flights to minimise drag. I could probably fit 15 of these darts in the treble!

 

12g! I struggle to get control with my 24g darts.

 

I recently switched from torpedo Red Dragon 27g to the new Winmau Zinati 24g. They're a really handsome set of darts and they're having the desired effect with more 180s as there's more room in the bed. Had 3 in the last 5 days and 4 this month, which is a lot for me. I'm usually a one a month guy. 

 

My doubles are terrible with the new darts though, especially at the lower end of the board where I'd previously float them in. 

 

 

 

IMG_4667.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive had my darts so long Im not sure what weight they are. Ive played so much during lockdown- think Ive changed darts/stems/flights far too may times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

me and the girlfriend throw 10 sets (30 darts) each week to se if our avg is improving.

 

Im doing ok with a 68.1 avg being my highest so far.

Thats impressive. I struggle to get above 55-56 average.

 

Occasionally I will have a leg where Im hitting 180 and 100+ and next leg I go to shit  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

me and the girlfriend throw 10 sets (30 darts) each week to se if our avg is improving.

 

Im doing ok with a 68.1 avg being my highest so far.

That's pretty good work.

 

I think my best average against the Dart Counter bot (over a best of 9 501 legs) is 62.something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chris said:

That's pretty good work.

 

I think my best average against the Dart Counter bot (over a best of 9 501 legs) is 62.something.

I played last night against Dart Counter- hit plenty of tons and a couple of 140s over best of 5 legs- average was still only early 50s.

 

Based on this Ive concluded that you and The Big Green Bastard are standing too close to the board!

 

Hahahahahahahah  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I played last night against Dart Counter- hit plenty of tons and a couple of 140s over best of 5 legs- average was still only early 50s.

 

Based on this Ive concluded that you and The Big Green Bastard are standing too close to the board!

 

Hahahahahahahah  

im a bit like mvg in leaning as far over as possible without falling. terrible leg pain though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Since I've had a dart board up I've thrown hundreds of thousands of darts I've only hit 180 5 times.

You only put up it this morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

18 months its quite special being one of the few things the more I do the worse I get.

Too true. Since the initial lockdown a year ago there arent many days Ive not played a few legs. I should be PDC level by now surely  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave D said:

I played last night against Dart Counter- hit plenty of tons and a couple of 140s over best of 5 legs- average was still only early 50s.

 

Based on this Ive concluded that you and The Big Green Bastard are standing too close to the board!

 

Hahahahahahahah  

 

Sounds like the doubles are bringing your average down a little there, dude. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be half decent, played in leagues for years, won the odd league comp (pub level stuff) and won a game or two here or there in some opens....but game fell apart apart 3/4 years ago and i am shite now.

 

Developed this strange problem with throw where when drawing arm back it twists so i sort of throw across my body (best way can explain it)

 

Gone from being someone who would regularly finish legs in about 24 darts pretty routinely and do the odd 15 and a sprinkling of 16-21 dart legs to someone who now will need 30 more often than not and often more, sometimes 36 with only the odd 24 or less leg.

 

Quite gutting as i love playing the game and always have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, an tha said:

I used to be half decent, played in leagues for years, won the odd league comp (pub level stuff) and won a game or two here or there in some opens....but game fell apart apart 3/4 years ago and i am shite now.

 

Developed this strange problem with throw where when drawing arm back it twists so i sort of throw across my body (best way can explain it)

 

Gone from being someone who would regularly finish legs in about 24 darts pretty routinely and do the odd 15 and a sprinkling of 16-21 dart legs to someone who now will need 30 more often than not and often more, sometimes 36 with only the odd 24 or less leg.

 

Quite gutting as i love playing the game and always have done.

 

Ah mate, sorry to hear that. It's absolutely soul destroying when the game deserts you like that. Happened to me a couple of months ago when a lad I have constantly, easily beaten for years began getting the upper hand on me and winning 10-3, 10-4. 

 

Have you thought about getting your throw looked at? That Matt Edgar does clinics? Might be something you can resolve with time and a little guidance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris said:

 

Ah mate, sorry to hear that. It's absolutely soul destroying when the game deserts you like that. Happened to me a couple of months ago when a lad I have constantly, easily beaten for years began getting the upper hand on me and winning 10-3, 10-4. 

 

Have you thought about getting your throw looked at? That Matt Edgar does clinics? Might be something you can resolve with time and a little guidance. 

Cheers - it does do my head in.

 

Funny enough it started like that with me - mate and me played most Fridays and i'd win handily all the time - first to 9 and it would be 9-3, 9-4.

 

Suddenly he was beating me 9-8 and then 9-5/9-6....and it wasn't down to him improving at all - and from there just got worse - averaged 42 for about 6 wks straight in league and that was it.

 

Lost a game to an absolute clown one week who could barely hit board and i was done.

 

Not recovered.

 

Hope you are back on form.

 

I have to admit i have thought about it, but just shrugged it off as being just a pub player and having stopped playing in league it is now just literally leisure and seems like a lot of agg.

 

But i think lockdown has made me appreciate the chance to play more than i did before and i want to get it sorted....people laugh at darts technique, but it is same really as any other game - golf etc in terms of good technique being required and people have no problem getting golf swing looked at.

 

I think i will see whats what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, an tha said:

Cheers - it does do my head in.

 

Funny enough it started like that with me - mate and me played most Fridays and i'd win handily all the time - first to 9 and it would be 9-3, 9-4.

 

Suddenly he was beating me 9-8 and then 9-5/9-6....and it wasn't down to him improving at all - and from there just got worse - averaged 42 for about 6 wks straight in league and that was it.

 

Lost a game to an absolute clown one week who could barely hit board and i was done.

 

Not recovered.

 

Hope you are back on form.

 

I have to admit i have thought about it, but just shrugged it off as being just a pub player and having stopped playing in league it is now just literally leisure and seems like a lot of agg.

 

But i think lockdown has made me appreciate the chance to play more than i did before and i want to get it sorted....people laugh at darts technique, but it is same really as any other game - golf etc in terms of good technique being required and people have no problem getting golf swing looked at.

 

I think i will see whats what.

 

My form's coming back, but hasn't been tested in a match setting yet. Found my bottle went on the doubles in those and I'd get inside my own head too much. It's so much about confidence. The times I've been bang in form is when I step up to the board in rhythm believing I'm going to hit my target. 

 

This has been helping me lately. It's only a tenner and adds structure and purpose to practice. The 'fake 180' game is working wonders for me.

 

https://dartsperformancecentre.com/shop/training/practice-plan

 

Hang in there, mate. Don't let your hobby become something that drags you down. It's the last thing any of us need in these times when those escapes are so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris said:

 

My form's coming back, but hasn't been tested in a match setting yet. Found my bottle went on the doubles in those and I'd get inside my own head too much. It's so much about confidence. The times I've been bang in form is when I step up to the board in rhythm believing I'm going to hit my target. 

 

This has been helping me lately. It's only a tenner and adds structure and purpose to practice. The 'fake 180' game is working wonders for me.

 

https://dartsperformancecentre.com/shop/training/practice-plan

 

Hang in there, mate. Don't let your hobby become something that drags you down. It's the last thing any of us need in these times when those escapes are so important.

Nice one.

 

And good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive experienced similar with the throw. I think you can over do it. Recently Ive been throwing and its like my elbow flicks out mid throw and Im all over the place.

 

If I then step back and take a breath and relax it seems to calm down   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×