You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oxlade-Chamberlain: We are just keeping focused on the main objective

TLW

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain said that the team are keeping focused on the job at hand after another trademark performance on Wednesday evening.

The Reds have now beaten every team in the Premier League this season after their 2-0 victory over West Ham which is a first in the illustrious history of the club.

The victory also saw Liverpool reach the 70 point mark from 24 games which is the quickest of any English top flight side.

Despite the accolades that are flowing their way, Oxlade-Chamberlain says it is business as usual for the players.

image.png

The Official site reported Ox as saying:

“That’s obviously nice but I think teams never get to those sorts of positions and have those accolades and records by thinking about those things.

“They just go into every game, go to work and do the business. 

“You keep that mentality, you give yourself the best chance of coming away with wins.

“There are a lot of tough games coming up so we’ve just to keep plodding along and keep doing what we are doing to first and foremost achieve what we want to do in the league. 

“That’s the most important thing – finishing as high up as we can – and we are in a good position.

The attacking midfielder scored his seventh goal in all competitions this season when he produced an adept finish after being put through on goal by a Mo Salah pass which doubled the visitors advantage after a Salah penalty in the first half.

“It was a great pass and I knew Lanzini was close to getting there, so I needed to get in front of him and even make him foul me.

“There was a bit of contact but I managed to stay on my feet and just tried to stay composed and finish it, so it was nice to see that one go in.

“I don’t always find myself in that position so it was nice and I think it set us up for a controlled performance to see the game out.”

7 goals in 28 games for him now, his highest tally since Southampton in League One.

He's doing exactly what we need in one of our few areas that needed improvement - offering us more of a scoring threat from midfield.

Great credit due to him for playing such an important role after being out for so long.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

7 goals in 28 games for him now, his highest tally since Southampton in League One.

He's doing exactly what we need in one of our few areas that needed improvement - offering us more of a scoring threat from midfield.

Great credit due to him for playing such an important role after being out for so long.

Will have scored double digits in all likelihood when the season ends. He's not a top player, everyone knows that, but I think he's turned into a huge goal threat every time he plays.

He's the personification of why our transfer policy has been brilliant. When everyone was questioning the signing, we identified his qualities as great for our style of play with his pace and athleticism in midfield and he has delivered that in general. Just a shame with the injuries.

• Upvote 1