You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

We were off to Saltcoats at the end of the month Cath, and Edinburgh for new year.

We're all struggling at the moment, but the lad is really having problems with his mental health, he's missed so much school outside of lockdown because he simply can't leave the house (has panic attacks), so I was hoping this would be a boon to him, help him get back on an even keel. We weren't arsed about the bars and restaurants being shut (they were due to be back open before we went anyway, although that wasn't certain), the change of scenery was the main reason for going.

Edinburgh will be a big miss, it's a place we love, but we haven't been as a family for years, we'd planned this as me and the better half have been married 10 years this year and the lad turns 16 so we thought it'd be a nice treat - on the backburner it goes.

If you’re booked already, I’d say go to Saltcoats. It sounds like you could all do with a change of scene.

We’ve an extended family trip to the Lake District towards booked for next week. We’re hanging on for what he’s got in store for us this afternoon. I’m worrying for what’s to come for my folks 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Im pretty sure sending masses of people into lockdown and closing businesses was a last resort from the beginning you stupid fucking cunt. 

Me and her are still ill as fuck, no taste whatsoever now. She's pretty bad to be fair. I'm working from home but my heads spinning. Mild flu as its been described as. aching etc but not as bad as flu obviously. Horrible feeling. Still not had our results. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Watch the results come back negative. Defo aids. 

Get well soon Stig 

What kind of AIDS, Mark Fowler or Leroy from Fame AIDS?

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

You are a cheeky cunt though. I sold you some stuff at cost to do you a favour and then gave you some other stuff for free, and you accuse me of profiteering from you. You can get fucked, you ungrateful prick!

I don't call people a cunt just for holding a different viewpoint.

I didn't accuse you of profiteering, I asked why you were selling something that you believed didn't work. 

8 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I didn't accuse you of profiteering, I asked why you were selling something that you believed didn't work. 

If @Spy Bee is claiming they don't work, I would like an explanation as to why he would take £120 from me on something he says do not work?

Because without masks, you wouldn't be able to earn a living.

• Upvote 1

I think it's a mistake to attribute scientific basis to what are essentially political decisions. For instance, "the science" was that masks weren't effective, until such a time that masks were needed to be effective, at which point "the science" conveniently reversed its stance. Of course, if you go directly to the actual scientific papers, they're still inconclusive about the benefits.

I want evidence-based policy, but we're running the risk of eroding public faith in science, especially with the endless predictions of doom that never materialise. People may know someone who died from covid, but they'll also know ten people who lost a job or were trapped indoors for six months or couldn't comfort a loved one at a funeral or had an operation postponed indefinitely. Of course, all the rhetoric about "saving lives", but at what cost? At what point does shutting society down and sending businesses into bankruptcy and telling young people to put their lives on hold for years become a price those bearing the brunt of those decisions aren't willing to pay?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

If you think a piece of plastic in front of your mouth is going to stop you getting a virus, then good for you.

Nobody has ever ever ever fucking said that and you've been told this before ! It reduces the risk and even the thickest of thick can see why you absolute wanker 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Your argument seems to be that the government is incapable, so we should go along with what they are suggesting. Is that right?

Far from it. 

My argument is that this government (even if they had the will, which they don't) can not be trusted to protect and support the vulnerable.  Therefore any attempt to do so by this government and "let everyone else just get on with it" would result in the vulnerable being even more at risk.

In respect of the current measures in Liverpool something had to be done, but I am not convinced they are the right measures.

1 hour ago, SilverSong said:

Read earlier that the threshold for Tier 3 is simply Tier 2 not working. Bearing in mind that the tier system is not yet actually in place how then does Liverpool go straight to Tier 3. Politics methinks.

At a guess the Tier 2 measures are the ones we have just been moved up from?  So we were in Tier 2 before it was called Tier 2, perhaps?

34 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They make you compliant with government regulations, if that is what you mean?

If you think a piece of plastic in front of your mouth is going to stop you getting a virus, then good for you.

I think my point has been made by reading that last sentence. 

I appreciate your sending them but if they don't work you should not sell them, profit or not. 

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Yes it has. You don't know how to say thank you!

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody has ever ever ever fucking said that and you've been told this before ! It reduces the risk and even the thickest of thick can see why you absolute wanker 

Absolutely, I'd rather not wear it but I have a duty of care to my clients (as they have to me) and if they saw people saying they don't work in stopping the spread, why would they bother?