You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Mate, that's you. You seek everywhere for it, without actually checking sources and intent. As long as it agrees with your entrenched view, that's great. Madness. 

I'm in here, reading and contributing. I am in a minority of about 4 posters in my viewpoint. Suggesting that I am suffering from only reading things that agree with my opinion is a bit daft.

This isn't always the case

(most people on here get the seriousness of it) but being directly affected by covid makes a difference to a person's perception of it. If one of your loved ones has died or had a serious dose which has led to lifelong complications, it'll take an emotional toll on you more than just seeing other people you don't know having it on TV and stats. 

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

This isn't always the case

(most people on here get the seriousness of it) but being directly affected by covid makes a difference to a person's perception of it. If one of your loved ones has died or had a serious dose which has led to lifelong complications, it'll take an emotional toll on you more than just seeing other people you don't know having it on TV and stats. 

I've no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean you can't possibly understand unless you've had it. I've had immediate family members die of sudden adult death syndrome. I know about loss, about people dying young. I just think we can't have tunnel vision when it comes to Covid. As I have said many times, the collateral damage from our actions will be huge.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I've no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean you can't possibly understand unless you've had it. I've had immediate family members die of sudden adult death syndrome. I know about loss, about people dying young. I just think we can't have tunnel vision when it comes to Covid. As I have said many times, the collateral damage from our actions will be huge.

I never said you can't understand it but it definitely becomes more 'real'.

I'm sorry to hear about your past experiences with members of your family dying and I'm not trying to downplay your loss but the difference with Covid is that it's ridiculously contagious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Yes the implications of this will be catastrophic but its a fact of life that this thing is here and isn't going anywhere. Who knows what the right answer is but "carrying on regardless" isn't a fucking viable option unless you want to see more people die from it. Stop being a massive twat , it isn't a "Oh I'm on this team they're on that team" situation its a real life fucking situation and poncey point scoring is always going to rub people up the wrong way. You fucking doily 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yes the implications of this will be catastrophic but its a fact of life that this thing is here and isn't going anywhere. Who knows what the right answer is but "carrying on regardless" isn't a fucking viable option unless you want to see more people die from it. Stop being a massive twat , it isn't a "Oh I'm on this team they're on that team" situation its a real life fucking situation and poncey point scoring is always going to rub people up the wrong way. You fucking doily 

How can you try and take the moral high ground when you are constantly firing out personal insults?

I hate to pull this card but until my mum was in end of life care I had to sit across from her for weeks and weeks after she was diagnosed , unable to hold her, cuddle her or anything. When she was in end of life care she wasn't "there" so I never got to hold my Mum properly because of this fucking cunt virus and seeing twats like Spy Bee and SD come on here pontificating makes me want to smash both their heads off each other. And before either of you pipe up, yes, yes I fucking would. Arseholes 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

How can you try and take the moral high ground when you are constantly firing out personal insults?

One thing I will never do is take a 'moral high ground' I'll openly admit to being a proper cunt and I can take being called out on it. I hold my hands up when I'm in the wrong. This isn't a moral high ground thing though is it. its you being a smarmy little gobshite and getting had off constantly day by day yet still coming back trying to point score. You aren't a dickhead elsewhere on the forum which is why people engage with you on here. 

Honestly lads it’s not worth arguing with him. About the only interesting thing he’s said in the last month is the quote in bold below. 

I mean, I know loads of people aren’t objective but they usually think they are. It’s basically an admission that no matter what you say he’s going to dismiss it because it doesn’t fit into his preconceived view. 

We’ve had stuff from Toby Young websites, someone from The Sun interviewing Peter Hitchens, all kinds of right wing shit that ‘backs up’ his views. 

Same shit, different day.

On 18/09/2020 at 09:30, Spy Bee said:

You're a fucking retard. Just because something exists and is significant, it cannot be hyped?

On 18/09/2020 at 09:51, Mudface said:

But they've been doing that amount of tests for a while now, if that was a 'thing', then you'd expect an absolute minimum of 2000 new cases a day due to false positives. The trend is the important thing- cases are running many times higher than they were a month ago. Hospitalisations, people in ICU and on ventilators and deaths are all ticking up. There are only around 80K individuals being tested daily, which suggests they're more worried about false negatives. This article has from the BMJ has a calculator to play around with - https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1808

image.png

But you're the exact opposite, constantly looking to downplay it, for some reason. Earlier this week it was colds, last week some shite from a Toby Young blog site, now it's false positives. 

On 18/09/2020 at 10:21, Spy Bee said:

I have never claimed to be objective

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

One thing I will never do is take a 'moral high ground' I'll openly admit to being a proper cunt and I can take being called out on it. I hold my hands up when I'm in the wrong. This isn't a moral high ground thing though is it. its you being a smarmy little gobshite and getting had off constantly day by day yet still coming back trying to point score. You aren't a dickhead elsewhere on the forum which is why people engage with you on here. 

Point scoring? I literally don't know what you mean. I don't see how I am getting had off either. 

Nobody on here is objective.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I hate to pull this card but until my mum was in end of life care I had to sit across from her for weeks and weeks after she was diagnosed , unable to hold her, cuddle her or anything. When she was in end of life care she wasn't "there" so I never got to hold my Mum properly because of this fucking cunt virus

That's really sad, and you have my sympathies. Not being able to see and hold people in their final days is one of the most horrible things about this virus. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

seeing twats like Spy Bee and SD come on here pontificating makes me want to smash both their heads off each other. And before either of you pipe up, yes, yes I fucking would. Arseholes 

You can do better than this. It's really quite pathetic.

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

That's an interesting turn of events, the WHO coming out against lockdowns. I suppose everyone will stop calling me and SD all the cunts under the sun for agreeing with that sentiment now?

The WHO might catch up soon and come out against asymptomatic people wearing masks soon, too.

Point scoring.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I hate to pull this card but until my mum was in end of life care I had to sit across from her for weeks and weeks after she was diagnosed , unable to hold her, cuddle her or anything. When she was in end of life care she wasn't "there" so I never got to hold my Mum properly because of this fucking cunt virus and seeing twats like Spy Bee and SD come on here pontificating makes me want to smash both their heads off each other. And before either of you pipe up, yes, yes I fucking would. Arseholes 

Not sure what I've pontificated about. I think it's a disgrace that you couldn't say a proper goodbye to your mum. I think rules like that are complete bollocks. 

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Not sure what I've pontificated about. I think it's a disgrace that you couldn't say a proper goodbye to your mum. I think rules like that are complete bollocks. 

Its your M.O SD. But thanks mate. It's a cunt of a situation for all. 

cunt x 

25 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The press conference said your dream of just isolating the vulnerable was impossible.  Maybe you should put the bloke right. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wasn't it. 

Why don't you post on any other threads? 

What are you, the forum police?

I have recently posted on other threads, but I don't feel compelled to post on other threads very often. I don't really care who the forum think is the greatest male solo artists. I don't get much chance to watch UFC. I don't really listen to that much new music, so I don't feel like I need to contribute to the music review thread. I prefer looking at Christina Milian, than talking about her. etc etc