You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think I owe about 300 quid on my HSBC mortgage, with 9 years or so left on the term to pay it. I wonder what they'd say if I applied for a mortgage holiday.

They’d just say yes.

I don’t need one but I’m thinking of taking one. Save myself the best part of £2k over 3 months and then pay an extra £10pm over the course of the term. 

Although I don’t believe it, that herd immunity stuff is interesting.

If true, it would begin to answer why our fatalities haven’t taken off the same way Italy or Spain have. Although there is still, obviously / unfortunately, plenty of time for that to change.

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

For anyone with with kids in isolation, apparently Amazon Prime Video have made some of their original kids shows free to watch. You just need to sign in with an Amazon account. No Prime needed. 

God bless Jeff Bezos. Really stepping up to the plate. 

And Disney Plus came out yesterday. 

For anybody trying to watch via an Apple TV and an old 720hp HDMI cable, note it won’t work. I nearly smashed my TV up yesterday wondering why there was no video and only audio. Turns out you need a 1080hp HDMI cable for it to work. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although I don’t believe it, that herd immunity stuff is interesting.

If true, it would begin to answer why our fatalities haven’t taken off the same way Italy or Spain have. Although there is still, obviously / unfortunately, plenty of time for that to change.

I don't usually post here because I hate everyone.  But this Oxford University study is very easy to debunk.  If 50% of the UK population had been infected you would expect this to show in the results on those that have already been tested.  As of yesterday approximately 90,000 people had been tested in the UK. If 50% were infected then you'd expect around 45,000 confirmed cases, but we're currently on about 8,000.  Oxford University are talking shit, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't usually post here because I hate everyone.  But this Oxford University study is very easy to debunk.  If 50% of the UK population had been infected you would expect this to show in the results on those that have already been tested.  As of yesterday approximately 90,000 people had been tested in the UK. If 50% were infected then you'd expect around 45,000 confirmed cases, but we're currently on about 8,000.  Oxford University are talking shit, in my opinion. 

The virus wouldn't be present in people who have been infected and recovered. Only when we have an antibody test will we know exactly how many people have had it.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The virus wouldn't be present in people who have been infected and recovered. Only when we have an antibody test will we know exactly how many people have had it.

It would still be nearer 45,000 than 8,000 if 50% were infected. 

Also, fuck off you absolute whopper.  Anyone who compares this to flu is not worthy of my time. You've made a tit of yourself all over this thread, unsurprisingly. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It would still be nearer 45,000 than 8,000 if 50% were infected. 

Also, fuck off you absolute whopper.  Anyone who compares this to flu is not worthy of my time. You've made a tit of yourself all over this thread, unsurprisingly. 

I didn't compare it to flu. Happy to help.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Prince Charles has tested positive. Adam Boulton trying not to smile as he announced it on Sky.

He’s been ‘working from home...’

Quite. 

I think Boulton has one of those dials that just looks like a perma smirk, much like Priti Patel, don’t know if he has beef with Charles like.

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some woman I know has moved in with her ex husband and his new Mrs. The one he was having an affair with for the lat 18 months of their marriage. Her parents literally do everything for her so she wont be able to cope on her own. Both of them have to stay away as they have underlying health problems.

Her ex husband has been guilt tripped into doing it as she said he probably wouldn't see them for 3 months. 

This isn't going to end well. 

There's a decent sitcom in it.