You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just heard from my lad.

Both him and his partner are much better today, still a bit breathless if they try to do too much, but better and improving all the time.Sent

My Grandson seems to have flown right through it after the initial panic.

He has hurdle after hurdle in front of him but he just carries on doing things they say he would have difficulty doing. A real little fighter.

This being a huge relief is an understatement.

Thank you all for your concern and best wishes. As I said in an earlier post, it was very much appreciated.

This place and the people in it are just brilliant.

• Upvote 21

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I added up all numbers from 23 October including the 10 reported today, according to the data on the same page NT took the daily cases graph from.

That would be 12 days - 45 during that time period. Worldometers shows total deaths over the entire time, you can see the daily by sliding over the graph

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

Just heard from my lad.

Both him and his partner are much better today, still a bit breathless if they try to do too much, but better and improving all the time.Sent

My Grandson seems to have flown right through it after the initial panic.

He has hurdle after hurdle in front of him but he just carries on doing things they say he would have difficulty doing. A real little fighter.

This being a huge relief is an understatement.

Thank you all for your concern and best wishes. As I said in an earlier post, it was very much appreciated.

This place and the people in it are deaf, homophobic mutant, arse-holes. 

Great news mate. I've amended the last line. 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That would be 12 days - 45 during that time period. Worldometers shows total deaths over the entire time, you can see the daily by sliding over the graph

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

Sorry, 22 October. It would be 33 / 13 days on Worldometer, according to manually added numbers from the updates. I don't know how they enter them into the graph. 45 or 33, it is still comparatively low number.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Sorry, 22 October. It would be 33 / 13 days on Worldometer, according to manually added numbers from the updates. I don't know how they enter them into the graph. 45 or 33, it is still comparatively low number.

But they'd be deaths from cases first identified several weeks beforehand. The really big leap looks to be from the 27th of October onwards, you'd expect deaths to increase commensurately in a further 2-3 weeks time.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It is all relative right? They only had over a hundred in a day a couple of times but you have to go back to mid July for them to be in double digits for a day.

You know how this works as well as anyone - three weeks ago their avg cases a day was 650 - today it is 2650.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

It is all relative right? They only had over a hundred in a day a couple of times but you have to go back to mid July for them to be in double digits for a day.

You know how this works as well as anyone - three weeks ago their avg cases a day was 650 - today it is 2650.

I know they are experiencing a second wave like everywhere else in Europe. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not even a question of fear. The minute someone mentions fear in that condescending way with this thing, you know they're a twat.

Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and myself all like this.