You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The problem is nobody will heed advice when the information put out by experts is lost in a deluge of second hand unsubstantiated musings dressed up as facts.

My mate heard from them in a meeting conveys no information of worth, and only adds to why some are excessively panicked, and others dismissive of it all.

Who was the meeting held by? Who suggested these measures? These are all relevant, more so than the tabloid headline of mass graves and the like.

It was obviously confidential. I'm not going to tell you all that information am I?

Whatevs. It's all going to happen in the coming weeks and what will be will be whether I post in here or not.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

There have been meetings about closing off the Conwy tunnels to use as emergency body storage.

Where's that from? Shocking that 

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The Trip Advisor bit was sarcasm but given 11.5k people worldwide have died already & this is the 2nd pandemic linked to bats China & bats (although SARS was never 100% proven) somebody in a significantly more important job than me needs to come up with a solution. 

To be fair, nobody has proved this virus is linked to bats, well aside from Twitter. 

50 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Virus won't hit there. It'll take one look at the local DNA and say "fuck that".

You cheeky cunt ! 

Unfortunately it's already here - some nice caring bloke travelled home from "holiday" in Spain last week . Clearly hadn't read any news in the last month

24 minutes ago, A Red said:

Cornwall council has asked that 2nd home owners dont all come down here putting pressure on health resources.

Yeah just keep them all in the more densely populated areas while you lot with acres of horse and cow shit are all fine. Fucking disgrace 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sad news. I think age has little to do with it - its the other stuff.

Are there any stats for people with no pre existing conditions?

Appreciated, but the demographic of all 50+ is starting to change in a lot of countries like Italy and the US.

All reports in Italy have stated people being admitted to ICU's are getting younger and younger in the past few days.

Think I saw the death rate for was 1% for anyone with no pre-existing conditions.

EDIT: Just found all of these:

9g5ulKO.png

n0c7bwl.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

I cant quote you stig.

I think the point about trying to stop people coming down to isolate in cornwall in 2nd homes is that the NHS is geared up for the local population of each area. There is only 1 hospital with the ability to deal with corona.

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

There have been meetings about closing off the Conwy tunnels to use as emergency body storage.

I heard a story like this the other day from a supposedly reliable source - a council having drained its public swimming pools to use as a temporary morgue. I posted it on here because I did some digging and the pools were still open to the public at the time.

I’m don’t see why they’d use road tunnels when there would be sufficient empty industrial storage available which would be more secure.

• Upvote 2

How can people self-isolate for 12 weeks if they don’t have enough food and other essentials to keep them going for more than a couple of weeks, let alone 3 months. Home delivery slots are like rocking horse shit, with no evidence of availability improving anytime soon. Plenty of people don’t have anyone to rely on to shop for them. Supermarkets are allocating specific times for the elderly and vulnerable to shop, but this requires people to leave their homes, perhaps use public transport and generally be around others. I might have missed it but it would seem that this issue has yet to be addressed by the government.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Rate: Number of deaths/number of cases. I'm just quoting what I've seen. See above edited post.

I would rep this, but in a time of global crisis - when banks are forgiving mortgage payments and media companies are giving content away for free - Usher has banished me back into the great unwashed.

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

How can people self-isolate for 12 weeks if they don’t have enough food and other essentials to keep them going for more than a couple of weeks, let alone 3 months. Home delivery slots are like rocking horse shit, with so evidence of availability improving anytime soon. More people than you might imagine won’t have anyone to rely on to shop for them. Supermarkets are allocating specific times for the elderly and vulnerable to shop, but this requires people to leave their homes, perhaps use public transport and generally be around others. I might have missed it but it would seem that this issue has yet to be addressed by the government.

Supposed to have been conference calls between supermarkets/government today about the mess.

I'm guessing we'll hear any potential measures/solutions later in the presser.

Yet another showing of how incapable the government have been during this crisis. This should have been nipped in the bud last fucking week. It's been getting worse and worse each day. There must be shitloads of people who can't get food.

Telling people not to panic buy or go to the pub was never going to work because people are selfish cunts.

• Upvote 1