You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

10 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not shocked, it seems to me, that every kid supports Liverpool these days. My young lad is 8, granted, no interest in football, but all his friends are Liverpool fans, same with all the kids in his class. 

I even noticed the shops as well, the liverpool gear is front and centre. It wasn't like that under new balance

No doubt at all in my mind about how much gear we shift....you see our shirts and gear everywhere all over.

Still skint though....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

No doubt at all in my mind about how much gear we shift....you see our shirts and gear everywhere all over.

Still skint though....

I'm in Dublin, so can only talk about here. But honestly, all the kids are wearing our gear. 

One of my young lads mates supports utd, well, he did, until about 4 weeks ago. Now he's wearing a salah jersey like it's going our of fashion. I asked him what the story was. He just replied "Liverpool are better to watch" 

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm in Dublin, so can only talk about here. But honestly, all the kids are wearing our gear. 

One of my young lads mates supports utd, well, he did, until about 4 weeks ago. Now he's wearing a salah jersey like it's going our of fashion. I asked him what the story was. He just replied "Liverpool are better to watch" 

I live 'darn sarf' these days - and you see our shirts and gear everywhere.

I've been lucky enough down the years (and unlucky enough given some of the fucking shitholes in this country and the cunts in them) to travel a fair bit with work and again our gear/LFC fans being everywhere is a constant theme.

It is one of the reasons we are so hated too, as all over people will know LFC fans - i remember when i first moved down south, i was taken aback by how many people i met who were clearly born and bred down here but were LFC fans.

Go a theme park in the summer down here and our gear is everywhere - go on holiday it is the same.

Starting to see more Abu Dhabi stuff on kids too though (nowhere near us or mancs yet mind) and my lad says he knows people at school who 'support' them....clearly they are starting to get kids as kids will be won over by them winning everything and longer it goes on more it will happen.....that is inevitable sadly.

But yeah we are massive.

13 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Disgraceful behaviour, I hope you slapped him and made him take the shirt off.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, an tha said:

Would love to see this....

Deep Red for home.

Yellow or White too.

Won't happen of course as tied to nike.

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/7187492591918953600/

That's fucking awful.

Any kit where the manufacturer's branding is more prominent than the club badge is fucking awful. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

Would love to see this....

Deep Red for home.

Yellow or White too.

Won't happen of course as tied to nike.

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/7187492591918953600/

Good lord no

Hate them kits, many bad memories aswell. The only kit I really liked from that era was the gold 3rd kit. Though I'm not even sure on that anymore. 

I did like the red kit from Collymores first season

Screenshot_20231225_231324_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231225_231329_Gallery.jpg

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's fucking awful.

Any kit where the manufacturer's branding is more prominent than the club badge is fucking awful. 

Nah not for me - love that kit.

Not as good as the 85-87 crown paints adidas or the 88/89 adidas ones but that green one love it - the red one wasn't as good but the modern version with smaller stripes like in the mock up would be boss IMO

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Good lord no

Hate them kits, many bad memories aswell. The only kit I really liked from that era was the gold 3rd kit. Though I'm not even sure on that anymore. 

I did like the red kit from Collymores first season

Screenshot_20231225_231324_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231225_231329_Gallery.jpg

The neck on that 95/6 shirt is awful.

And that gold kit is awful IMO too IMO.

The best adidas kits are these:

85-86kits.jpg?w=640

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The neck on that 95/6 shirt is awful.

And that gold kit is awful IMO too IMO.

The best adidas kits are these:

85-86kits.jpg?w=640

I did say I'm unsure on the gold top. I was about 12 when it came out and loved it. There's far more going on than I remembered. 

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I did say I'm unsure on the gold top. I was about 12 when it came out and loved it. There's far more going on than I remembered. 

It's a busy one...i think mid 90's was a grim time for kits mostly.

I also don't really like that really busy official club crest, more so on a shirt - just does not look right to me - so pretty much any kits with it on i have a bias against anyway.

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The stripes on the sleeves fell off mine. It was fucking woeful. I remember going to buy it from Soccer City on bold street with my Dad.

I got the white one off one of those jarg sites.

One of the reasons i want us to go back to adidas is because they'll release all the retro stuff like they have for the mancs.

https://www.footy.com/blog/shirts/adidas-originals-retro-manchester-united-shirts/

I got the white one for £35 off 'footy classics'

The versions lfc sell are shite - one stripe instead of 3 on shoulders and obviously no adidas trefoil and they charge £55.

Mine:

20231226-155711.jpg

20231226-155734.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Whoever mocked that up did a shit job with the Nike logo

Nike 3rd kits next year will have them on all their major clubs next season. I can't quite get the point of it. 

Here's a more detailed image in this report. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/10/liverpools-platinum-third-kit-for-2024-25-to-feature-innovative-nike-swoosh/

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nike 3rd kits next year will have them on all their major clubs next season. I can't quite get the point of it. 

Here's a more detailed image in this report. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/10/liverpools-platinum-third-kit-for-2024-25-to-feature-innovative-nike-swoosh/

That says that the home shirt will feature an element of teal.  If it's got a picture of one, I'm all in.

Screenshot_2023-12-30-11-01-15-91_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Haha 1