You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

14 minutes ago, Thoth said:

'SALAH OR MANE WILL BE TARGETED'

Graeme Souness believes Barcelona and Real Madrid could try to tempt Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane away from Liverpool this summer.

Liverpool have previously sold Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in recent years and, while Salah and Mane are both contracted at Anfield until 2023, former Reds captain Souness fears they could be targeted this summer.

"Real Madrid and Barcelona will be sniffing round Salah and Mane and I think one of them will be targeted this summer," Souness told Independent.ie.

"Both of those clubs are in the process of rebuilding and they tend to tempt any player when they go after them.

"We saw that in the past with Luiz Suarez and Philippe Coutinho and even though they enjoyed playing for Liverpool, their heads were turned when Barcelona wanted them. That will happen again now with Salah and Mane

Souness talks an awful lot of hoop sometimes.

SHOOTER WANTS TO STAY AT THE LIVERPOOL WAY

Shooter in the Motor says he has no intention of leaving The Liverpool Way this summer.

"I've got a year left on my contract. I'll be back, I'll be training through the summer. I am as eager as ever to get posting because I know when I'm posting I've got a lot to give and I can get on this forum."

Asked if he was staying given the frequent speculation about his future, Shooter said: "Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn't be happier here negging Dave Usher and shit."

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Shooter in the Motor says he has no intention of leaving The Liverpool Way this summer.

"I've got a year left on my contract. I'll be back, I'll be training through the summer. I am as eager as ever to get posting because I know when I'm posting I've got a lot to give and I can get on this forum."

Asked if he was staying given the frequent speculation about his future, Shooter said: "Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn't be happier here negging Dave Usher and shit."

I would loan you out to GoT.

42 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

We do have a nickname for you but it isn't "Shooter".

Buffon rejected a new deal with PSG and is free. Anyone think we should get him in to be backup? He wants to win the Champions League and we're as good a bet as any club to possibly fulfill this.

He was crap at PSG but we have a clear #1 keeper unlike what the situation was at PSG and so the hierarchy would already be known.

I would think about it.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Buffon rejected a new deal with PSG and is free. Anyone think we should get him in to be backup? He wants to win the Champions League and we're as good a bet as any club to possibly fulfill this.

He was crap at PSG but we have a clear #1 keeper unlike what the situation was at PSG and so the hierarchy would already be known.

I would think about it.

I'd imagine he wants to play in the team that wins it though, not just sit down on the bench looking at them do it. 

• Upvote 1

Maddison is really good. His dribbling ability is underrated. He loves a nutmeg, just like Suarez in his pomp for us. Very Lallana-esque player but with much higher potential to improve. His weakness is his physicality and maybe a slight lack of pace. He's also one of the highest chances creators in all of the top European Leagues. 

17 minutes ago, Boss said:

Maddison is really good. His dribbling ability is underrated. He loves a nutmeg, just like Suarez in his pomp for us. Very Lallana-esque player but with much higher potential to improve. His weakness is his physicality and maybe a slight lack of pace. He's also one of the highest chances creators in all of the top European Leagues. 

I like him, I’ve kept an eye out on him all season. One thing that annoys me about him is he doesn’t run into space. He likes being behind the ball all the time. 

16 minutes ago, Boss said:

Anytime I have seen him he seems absolutely knackered after 60-70 minutes. Proper shattered like a player in extra time on cup final day.

His position is also a problem, he's a 10 and only a 10. We don't play a player in his position and I don't see that changing on a regular basis.

The final issue is cost, buying any player from a mid bracket premier league team will be twice the cost it should be so unless we're certain he is a game changer it ain't happening.

I think as far as #10's go, Ziyech is a better fit than Maddison and probably less costly.

He's one of those players that should've been signed from Norwich if we really wanted him but now his market value is higher than what is reasonable.

I wouldn't want him as back-up anyway (Pepe Reina please) but very much doubt Buffon would come to us. It would tarnish his legacy with a lot of Juve fans. This just a sad fact. 

I like the Etheridge link though. 

Wouldn't go near Reina with a bargepole. Quality at the start, but he was about as useful as a wheelie-bin with a goalkeeper drawn on it by the end of his time with us.

Not that it matters who we'll bring in anyway. Most redundant role in football being Alisson's understudy.

• Downvote 1