You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

Guest Pistonbroke

You need to sniff my sweaty fat ring!

If you're happy with the shite served up under this cocktard, you must have been sad to see the back of Rodgers!

Listen. Klopp is not without fault and deserves criticism at times. He can't help the fact we spunk chances and let teams off the hook though. It was the Carubu cup ffs, played with a makeshift team. The result is disappointing and I understand fans being miffed. But you are fucking miffed all the time, you just up the anti when we lose and start throwing insults around about the manager and players from the team you suppose to support. Criticism is fine, but petulant remarks is pathetic. Hence the fact you are a fucking knob! 

After the Burnley game, I have no fucking interest in watching us again this season.

Got much better things to do with 4 hours a week that watch that useless bunch cunts.

It's got to the point that it doesn't really matter who plays. The only thing consistent is that we're going to conceed soft goals and miss a shitload of chances. The whole squad is rotten with shallow, gutless average players.

Not surprised by the result one bit. I feel as I did just I did during Rodgers last season.

I just can't be arsed with it all.

That's the spirit. Only support when we win. Wish we had more' fans' like that.

Listen. Klopp is not without fault and deserves criticism at times. He can't help the fact we spunk chances and let teams off the hook though. It was the Carubu cup ffs, played with a makeshift team. The result is disappointing and I understand fans being miffed. But you are fucking miffed all the time, you just up the anti when we lose and start throwing insults around about the manager and players from the team you suppose to support. Criticism is fine, but petulant remarks is pathetic. Hence the fact you are a fucking knob!

Did Leicester not also play with a makeshift team, mate?

To be fair to CS, he hasn't rated Klopp from day one.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's an Internet forum, not the match, it really doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter then why bother joining a forum to post on threads specifically aimed at the club you are supposed to be supporting mate? Total waste of time if you ask me. 

Didn't see the game, just got home. Disappointed to get knocked out, but on the other hand it wasn't our fourth priority. Mind you, it's been so long since we won a trophy that missed opportunities build up and rankle, even in the lesser competition.

Glanced at the Beeb. Sounds like we dominated first half with Coutinho pulling the strings, but didn't score. Coutinho off, momentum shifts, they get the breakthrough and add another. Not sure what this says about our quality and desire. Presumably neither are where we want them to be at the moment, but I'm not going to pile on as we've got bigger fish to fry. I'd have liked to see a good run but alas were out. Hopefully we go back there and take the three points. It's early in the season but we need to turn a little corner as it has gone flat since the international break.

Klopp pissed off but what can he do defensively with the personnel he deemed good enough just a few days ago ? Serious question. What does he do until he must get replacements in January ?

Awful concentration, mental weakness, inability to learn from mistakes. The midfield is poor too and we must start taking our chances. All in all not too great.

What exactly can we do to stop this with who's here ? Defend deep, hit on the break ? Capable ?

3 at the back, 5 at the back ? Numbers and personnel ?

Sit 2 in midfield in front of the CB's push fullbacks on ? Possible ?

Me looking forward to a break abroad ? Definetley. Me watching when abroad ? Unlikely ?

Guest Pistonbroke

The point I was trying to make is, it doesn't affect the team.

True on that point, It still comes across as a someone wasting their time though. I'm sure a lot of fans on here are only happy when venting their anger after a bad result. Like I said earlier, I can get criticism, we all see things differently and have our favourites. The name calling to put the manager down though, well that is just pathetic. 

We're the best behaved website in the land

We're the best behaved website in the land

We're the best behaved website

Best behaved website

Best behaved website in the land

WHEN WE WIN

We're a right shower of bastards when we lose

We're a right shower of bastards when we lose

We're a right shower of bastards

Right shower of bastards

Right shower of bastards when we lose...

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Klopp pissed off but what can he do defensively with the personnel he deemed good enough just a few days ago ? Serious question. What does he do until he must get replacements in January ?

Awful concentration, mental weakness, inability to learn from mistakes. The midfield is poor too and we must start taking our chances. All in all not too great.

What exactly can we do to stop this with who's here ? Defend deep, hit on the break ? Capable ?

3 at the back, 5 at the back ? Numbers and personnel ?

Sit 2 in midfield in front of the CB's push fullbacks on ? Possible ?

Me looking forward to a break abroad ? Definetley. Me watching when abroad ? Unlikely ?

If he really does think the personnel we have in defence are good enough I'd be shocked Mike. IMO it really is a case of don't shoot the messenger. He's not without fault mind, but we don't know the whole truth behind our pathetic transfer windows which seem to have been the same ever since FSG took over. We're being had mate, it is all about profits and hoping to get lucky. FSG must have thought they won the lottery when we managed to get top 4 and then qualify for the group stage of the CL. 

On Klopp, he has always been an attack minded manager and due to his tactics the defence comes under more pressure when the midfield fanny about, and vice versa to be fair. I think our problems are far deeper than just a few dodgy CB's mate, our midfield just can't handle the game Klopp plans unless our forwards are bailing us out by taking early chances and setting a good pattern. Hence the fact we can look like World beaters one game and utter retards the next against a team we should be wiping the floor with. 

I've decided long ago to just take the rough with the smooth, things won't change unless FSG fuck off mate. Although they could get a lot worse if Klopp is forced out and we end up with some no mark like Pardew etc. Not only on the pitch but in attracting or keeping players we have. You can bet your arse the Spaniards/PSG et all will come calling for PC, Mane and maybe Salah come next summer. 

Just got home anyone want to sum this up for me?

We got beat.

I learned Chamberlain doesnt have an e on the end.

Someone among us still thinks Flanagan is the new Carra.

I think there was some ceefax/flashscore talk.

Someone talked about shooting something, though think it was a typo.

Early murmurings of discontent about Ings' hair.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

We got beat.

I learned Chamberlain doesnt have an e on the end.

Someone among us still thinks Flanagan is the new Carra.

I think there was some ceefax/flashscore talk.

Someone talked about shooting something, though think it was a typo.

Early murmurings of discontent about Ings' hair.

If only Ings had hair like Felatio elbows, he might have nodded that ball in at 1-0. 

Sucker punched after failing to adapt to an enforced Leicester change. The big concern is how that change disrupted us so completely after we'd previously failed to capitalise on our almost-total dominance in the first half.

In the first half, we seemed to be camped out in Leicester's half. Robertson was making himself a useful outlet and Coutinho looked very bright. He nearly scored himself after a brilliant solo run. Too often though, we made the wrong decisions in the final third as well as lacking ruthlessness. Leicester were playing with two out-and-out centre forwards and they were very isolated as Leicester were being pinned back. I can't remember a single threat from the home side in the first 45.

Second half was a different story. We lost some momentum after replacing Coutinho and though Woodburn was bright and mobile, our link-up play in the final third was a lot less sharp and much more sporadic. Robertson down our left was less of a factor too.

Ulloa headed a corner clear and injured himself somehow. That forced Leicester into replacing Ulloa with Okazaki and all of a sudden, they had some mobility and energy up front, plus a guy more adept at linking midfield with attack than Ulloa. The opening goal was down to Gomez dropping back while the rest of the defence (correctly) pushed out. He ended up playing at least 2 Leicester players onside and our players couldn't get back to defend from a goal-side position and in their scramble, they left Okazaki completely free.

We started to look exposed and were getting threatened on the counter again, and we looked more and more impotent up front. Just like in our last 2 visits to the King Power, Leicester scored a quality goal and we never looked like troubling them after that. The way we finished that game makes it hard to believe that we had Leicester so under the cosh in the first half.

Every time one of our defenders has a lapse in concentration or makes a needless mistake, we get punished for it. It's not the same culprits every time either.

A word on Henderson. He more than any of our players hates to be closed down, and he simply doesn't want to work himself out of tricky situations when he does find himself surrounded. In general play when he has time and space, he still prefers to play one and two touch football which isn't that big an issue, but it becomes one when he treats the ball like a hot potato in certain situations. It either gives the receiver a big problem to deal with, or checks any forward momentum and forces the team to funnel backwards when we'd already started to pin our opponents back.

We've seen games like this far too often down the years. It's happened under every single manager this century and it happened a lot under Evans too. Whether we start at full strength or select a mix of experience and youth, the pattern is familiar. Are we any closer to solving it though?

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure that we do have bigger fish to fry. I've said before that I dont think the club is particularly interested in winning things, and is happy enough with hovering around 4th, maybe getting into top 4 if we're lucky, and keeping the masses happy with "entertaining" football. With the failure to strengthen in the transfer window, the league cup and the FA cup were our best chance of a trophy, and one of those is now gone. I don't know what the bigger fish are- the Arsene Wenger 4th Place Trophy?

I felt sorry for Jurgen watching that interview afterwards- he looked shell shocked. I really can't believe that he honestly thinks there are no other defenders than Van Dyke who can come into the team. I can only guess he thinks criticising the current cretins will be counterproductive, as will openly complaining about the owners, but this is killing his reputation, and cant be good for his health. Not sure what the solution is, but sadly I think this season is going to get uglier on and off the pitch.