You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

I thought we played well in the first half but were wasteful after getting into good positions. Lack of anticipation in the box after Robertson put in good balls. We were pretty shite in the second half. Leicester just took their chances but look a very poor team, I fully expect us to turn this result around at the weekend in the league.

Disappointing result though, we need a good cup run.

With them able to sit and frustrate us and hammer it long for Vardy to run at the keystone cops i can't see it pal!

I'm struggling to think of any player we've ever had who has as poor a debut than Chamberlain tonight. Poor passing. Terrible corner kicks, although that's a club trait to be fair, bad decision making. He can only improve on this showing. He's been shocking

I don't remember a more gutless set of cunts in red shirts. 

I don't know what Klopp is running here, a football club, or a battery farm production unit.

He doesn't appear to me much good at either currently.

Utter fucking disgrace. Leicester about 3 shots on target and two goals. Liverpool players strolling around at the end like they don't give a shite.

No guts, no passion. Crap.

This is part of the reason why I advocated signing BOTH Van Dijk and Maguire. We would've started this game with Matip and Lovren, and I don't think we would've lost.

• Upvote 1

I thought we played well in the first half but were wasteful after getting into good positions. Lack of anticipation in the box after Robertson put in good balls. We were pretty shite in the second half. Leicester just took their chances but look a very poor team, I fully expect us to turn this result around at the weekend in the league.

Disappointing result though, we need a good cup run.

Genuine question for the weekend, how do you see us defend against Vardy on the counter, and how do you see us defend at set pieces?

Its starting to look a bit like the last few months of the Rogers era, We know Klopp is a better manager but he just seems out of ideas the lack of a plan B is a major worry.

Ward should stay in the team for me so should Grujic, Henderson is a plastic footballer offers nothing cant tackle doesnt score and can only pass 5 yards backwards / sideways our defence is a shambles no matter who plays worrying few weeks ahead.

Hopefully Chamberlain gets better support from the stands than he does on here.

I honestly believe most on here want him to fail so they can say "I told you so" .

He knight turn out to be crap but he plays for us so let's try back him eh.

I never understand this kind of post.

It's sort of a "I'm a superfan, you all are rubbish fans" thing but the logic is insane.

First of all, if I'm in the stands you can bet you won't hear anything but praise and support for our team.  That goes for the club, the team as a whole, the manager, and each individual player.  The only thing that comes out of my mouth will be positive, and it will be vocal throughout the entire match.

But an online forum exists for a different purpose.  It exists so that we can debate the state of the club, or the quality of its players, openly.  Some have bad opinions.  Some have boring opinions. A few have intelligent and well thought-out ones.  The point is that they're all welcome here (though hopefully if you have a well-run forum most of the really bad ones get run off).

So as long as people support Oxlade-Chamberlain from the stands where it actually matters, they can say whatever they want about him on here for the most part.  I personally think he's a pretty good, but not great player, and I'm happy he's at the club.  But if someone else wants to say he's rubbish or his goal record's not good enough or whatever, that's fine.  I can discuss it with them or not; that's what TLW is for!

• Upvote 5