You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toys you wanted as a kid but never got

Tony Moanero

36 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Any of the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles toys when they first came out. Never got any, they always seemed to be sold out. There was a rumour that the Woolworths in Old Swan closed half day on a Wednesday to do restocking, so I sent my mum down one Thursday morning and there still weren't any. 

In the end my mum got me some blag ones from a market, which was nice, but they were jarg as fuck. Like an evil version of the Turtles. 

Middle-Aged Mutant Blue Belt Terrapins? 

12 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I had that was broke by boxing day. Should have asked santa for a scalectric and not tried to be a smart arse.

Yeah, was going to.put in my post that it looked the kind of thing that was great in the advert but shit in real life. Glad I never got one now.

Evil Kneivel, on the other hand, looked great in the ad and even better hurtling across my living room floor and over a pile of books.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, was going to.put in my post that it looked the kind of thing that was great in the advert but shit in real life. Glad I never got one now.

Evil Kneivel, on the other hand, looked great in the ad and even better hurtling across my living room floor and over a pile of books.

I had that. For some reason my mum and dad let me bring it to Spain when I was about 5 and I don't think it made it back to England. 

The 90s wrestling figures. I would have collected the lot but by the time you could get them over here I was12 and had my first proper girlfriend and used to have to hide my he-man stuff when she came round as I was scared she'd tell everyone I still played with toys!       

WWF Hasbro Memories: Series One – Good Brothers Wrestling

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

The 90s wrestling figures. I would have collected the lot but by the time you could get them over here I was12 and had my first proper girlfriend and used to have to hide my he-man stuff when she came round as I was scared she'd tell everyone I still played with toys!       

Why is there one of Noel Edmonds?

• Upvote 1

On 10/09/2017 at 17:34, Tony Moanero said:

Did anyone else ever shoplift any toys?

My parents wouldn't let me have Micro Machines, so I stole them from Woolworths. I had the odd Action Force figure away from there, too.

Pretty embarrassing stuff, though it felt boss at the time.

Oh yes, when I was about 8 I had " recruited" more soldiers than the British Army had !

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Found a Facebook group based on Action Force/Palitoy. It’s like a collectors group and people trade parts and repair old figures.

One guy has a great Instagram page staging photos with the different figures, and there’s also a group called Blood for the Baron. 

Had some of the vehicles and a good amount of figures. 

The vehicles were well made with metal parts and decent rubber tyres. 

Few of the pics I’ve saved. 

The Fridge figure is a bit later on mid 1980s as the Chicago Bears won the Superbowl in ‘85. 

IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2580.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Got one of those. My dad was less than pleased when he was eating his tea one day and I nearly took his eye out with the missile launcher.

I had one and cracked a window with it. I was only about 5 and my Mum went ballistic. Boss they were.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Found a Facebook group based on Action Force/Palitoy. It’s like a collectors group and people trade parts and repair old figures.

One guy has a great Instagram page staging photos with the different figures, and there’s also a group called Blood for the Baron. 

Had some of the vehicles and a good amount of figures. 

The vehicles were well made with metal parts and decent rubber tyres. 

Few of the pics I’ve saved. 

The Fridge figure is a bit later on mid 1980s as the Chicago Bears won the Superbowl in ‘85. 

IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2580.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

Was boss Action Force,  the 80s cartoon film was great. Always found it funny that the Crimson Guard (like Cobra's SS) all had to be accountants or lawyers to join.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Was boss Action Force,  the 80s cartoon film was great. Always found it funny that the Crimson Guard (like Cobra's SS) all had to be accountants or lawyers to join.

Sink the Montana?

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've actually got this on my gym playlist.

Quality. Cobra Commander was same voice as Starscream. 

This is the Insta account I mentioned. It’s more the Z Force and SAS figures. There was a tie in with Battle comic. 

IMG_2639.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2023 at 12:36, YorkshireRed said:

Not sure if this is exactly the version that was on offer when I was circa 12 but this…

5CF2DA40-E715-4FFF-89FB-2C9FBFA01EAD.jpeg

I asked my mum for one of these and instead  she got me a board game where you threw a dice to move the car. She didn’t have any money. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I used to have the red cobra hydrofoil, and pretty much most of the baddy vehicles. My brother had all the goodies characters. Needless to say, that cunt always won...... 

H2854-L245252441.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1