You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

I've got faith in Klopp on this one. AOC hasn't achieved what he might be capable of under Wenger so let's see what Klopp can do with him before we all start bitching about it. As for £40m, well that's just current market conditions. This time last year under similar circumstances we'd have probably got him for £25m. It's not our fault the market is how it is.

Welcome to Anfield, Alex. Please don't be shit.

To be fair I agree with this, I think he's bang average but then I think virtually all English players are these days, or overrated at least. That being said, if Klopp wants him that's fine with me, and I'd rather have someone who wants to come here than some slippery little shit like Coutinho. 

He looks really exciting when running with the ball.

He has the ability to beat a man and take players out of the game from a deep position, with Mané and Salah ahead of him capable of doing the same thing.  That will be hard to defend against.  I also think his passing game is underrated.

I reckon we're going to break the land speed record during a counter attack this season.

He has the ability to beat a man and take players out of the game from a deep position, with Mané and Salah ahead of him capable of doing the same thing. That will be hard to defend against. I also think his passing game is underrated.

I reckon we're going to break the land speed record during a counter attack this season.

I've never really seen him play CM tho.. I had hoped he'd be another option outwide.

Striker - 1 from Sturridge and Firmino

Wingers - 2 from Mane, Salah and Ox

CM - 3 from Hendo, Gini, Can, Lallana, Milner

He's perfect for Klopp. If he can stay fit, he'll be much better at us than he was under Wenger. It's obvious when you see the qualities he has. 

Again, we're signing a player with abilities that are coherent with our style of play, which is the most important thing. 

• Upvote 3

I'm still underwhelmed, slightly, but with a bit of optimism.

It's another body. And he's mobile. And can run. And, despite wanting to play centrally, he's extremely versatile. He could be our version of Klopp's Dortmund's Grosskreutz.

And, he's definitely got the attributes to play in Klopp's style of play. Pacey and a direct runner with the ball. Plus, there's always a chance that he was a bit uninspired at Arsenal and going through the motions and could relish a new challenge and flourish under the Klopp hugging regime.

As with every new signing, I won't write him off until his first misplaced pass.

I'm still underwhelmed, slightly, but with a bit of optimism.

It's another body. And he's mobile. And can run. And, despite wanting to play centrally, he's extremely versatile. He could be our version of Klopp's Dortmund's Grosskreutz.

And, he's definitely got the attributes to play in Klopp's style of play. Pacey and a direct runner with the ball. Plus, there's always a chance that he was a bit uninspired at Arsenal and going through the motions and could relish a new challenge and flourish under the Klopp hugging regime.

As with every new signing, I won't write him off until his first misplaced pass.

He's much better than Grosskreutz. I've never seen Grosskreutz beat a player with pace or skills.

Pretty underwhelmed by this. I don't think that he has the quality or end product to play in the front three, which is where we're lightest. His pace and energy mean that he could definitely be made to fit into a midfield three but whenever I've seen him playing in the middle his off the ball movement has been horrible. I'd worry that he'd make us even more defensively suspect than we already are. Krychowiak has just gone to West Brom on loan for a year. I'd have rather we'd signed someone like him and put the 30 million or so we saved into offering Can a better contract.

Anyway, he's signing now so I hope he's fucking ace and I look like a know nothing cunt.