You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

Pie chucking the last 10 overs. The Bangladesh length is perfect for smashing boundaries. Poor bowling and captaincy. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussies next game is against England on Tuesday. Hopefully we can put a stop to their confidence building, because if they do get up themselves they have the players who can win this tournament, fuck that. Having said that, they look far too inconsistent and still don't know their best line up. 

*Sorry to the Aussies on here, but you are the Auld enemy and you have a few truly detestable players who also cheated. 

Guest Pistonbroke

England V Sri Lanka. S/L won the toss and have decided to bat first. England retaining the same team as Old Trafford. 

20 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Aussies next game is against England on Tuesday. Hopefully we can put a stop to their confidence building, because if they do get up themselves they have the players who can win this tournament, fuck that. Having said that, they look far too inconsistent and still don't know their best line up. 

*Sorry to the Aussies on here, but you are the Auld enemy and you have a few truly detestable players who also cheated. 

No arguments from me.

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, skaro said:

No arguments from me.

What are your media like after yesterdays victory mate? 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

What are your media like after yesterdays victory mate? 

Won't have the pleasure until tomorrow morning, mate.  Well, I haven't bothered with anything online.

No one will be celebrating conceding 330-plus runs, I suspect.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

Won't have the pleasure until tomorrow morning, mate.  Well, I haven't bothered with anything online.

No one will be celebrating conceding 330-plus runs, I suspect.

Cheers mate. I missed the chase and the obvious comments by Clarke and Co. 

England get an early wicket, Archer on the money. S/L 3/1 off 2 overs. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Cheers mate. I missed the chase and the obvious comments by Clarke and Co. 

England get an early wicket, Archer on the money. S/L 3/1 off 2 overs. 

Clarke has always been a self-server... 

Archer is really good.  He's been under notice for Tassie in the Big Bash for a couple of years.

England expects in his case, for sure.

Guest Pistonbroke

Clarke has always been a self-server... 

Archer is really good.  He's been under notice for Tassie in the Big Bash for a couple of years.

England expects in his case, for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how Archer gets on in the Ashes, more or less a cert to be part of the starting team. 

I'm not sure who you get commentary wise on the W/C, (probably the same as us as I believe it's an ICC official panel for all broadcasters) We get Clarke, Slater and that Melanie Jones as an Aussie prospective, all three just talk bollocks most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It'll be interesting to see how Archer gets on in the Ashes, more or less a cert to be part of the starting team. 

I'm not sure who you get commentary wise on the W/C, (probably the same as us as I believe it's an ICC official panel for all broadcasters) We get Clarke, Slater and that Melanie Jones as an Aussie prospective, all three just talk bollocks most of the time. 

Yes.

A definite bollocks tripartite there.

Australian cricket commentary is vintage tabloid.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes.

A definite bollocks tripartite there.

Ian Bishop and Michael Holding are the best commentators on the panel imo. That Kiwi Ian Smith is another one who gets on my nerves. Just found this...

FULL PANEL

Nasser Hussain, Michael Clarke, Ian Bishop, Sourav Ganguly, Melanie Jones, Kumar Sangakkara, Michael Atherton, Alison Mitchell, Brendon McCullum, Graeme Smith, Wasim Akram, Shaun Pollock, Michael Slater, Mark Nicholas, Michael Holding, Isa Guha, Pommie Mbangwa, Sanjay Manjrekar, Harsha Bhogle, Simon Doull, Ian Smith, Ramiz Raja, Athar Ali Khan and Ian Ward.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

If you compare the entire panel to another sport that we couldn't possibly mention it's fucking brilliant.

True, but unfortunately that other panel is made up of mainly British commentators uttering shite none stop. needs an international flavour instead of jobs for the boys. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Holding is in a league of his own.

Commentary that measures up to his elite playing career.

Indeed, some of the Asian commentators talk a lot of sense and know their stuff. 

Yay, and as on cue Michael Holding has taken his place in the commentary box. 

Guest Pistonbroke

That's a great catch by Morgan to get Mendis out for 44 off a loose ball from Rashid. 

S/L now 133/4 off 29.4 overs. Make that for 5, Rashid catches Mendis (The other one) off his own bowling for a golden duck. Rashid on a hat trick.....................and.............nope. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

He doesn't take wickets off a normal ball.

His next ball to get rid of the second Mendis was a good one. Root won't be liking this, he won#t be able to get a lot of runs as the target is going to be so low. It is also a great batting wicket, S/L are just shit.