You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

Barry Hearn says... 

"On a slightly more serious note, this is a top-level competition involving highly skilled sportsmen - so we have no intention of renaming the event the 'Grand Slam of Farts' as some have suggested. 

"These are elite players and we feel that would be inappropriate." 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats this about Wade being a cunt? I know he is one anyway but twitter is pissed right off at him 

There was no malice in the game at all but when Wade levelled at 1-1 he got in the other lads face for no reason and gave it a “RAARRRGGH” trying to intimidate him. 

He’ll be out as soon as he faces someone good anyway. 

Very peculiar character is Wade. 

The two best female darts players went out in the first round to lesser players I noticed, did they qualify for the tournament or just get allowed in? If they qualified fair enough but if they just got a free pass to enter, I don't agree with that.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Very peculiar character is Wade. 

The two best female darts players went out in the first round to lesser players I noticed, did they qualify for the tournament or just get allowed in? If they qualified fair enough but if they just got a free pass to enter, I don't agree with that.

52D0618F-EA60-475B-8271-F94D683780A1.jpeg

She just couldn’t keep it up. We’ve all been there. 

On 11/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Some athletes blame poor performances on the state of the pitch. Others blame it on tactics, or perhaps just a bad day at the office.

But blaming your opponent for farting is definitely a new one.

Yet that's exactly what happened at the Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton, with both Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms denying responsibility for the "rotten egg smells".

Two-time world champion Anderson, 47, won Thursday's match 10-2 to progress to the quarter-finals, but Dutchman Harms, 34, was quick to explain his sub-standard performance by accusing his Scottish opponent of leaving a "fragrant smell".

He told Dutch TV station RTL7L: "It'll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose."

World number four Anderson was not best pleased by the accusation, saying the smell had definitely come "from the table side" at the Aldersley Leisure Village.

"If the boy thinks I've farted he's 1,010% wrong. I swear on my children's lives that it was not my fault," he said.

"I had a bad stomach once on stage before and admitted it. So I'm not going to lie about farting on stage.

"Every time I walked past there was a waft of rotten eggs so that's why I was thinking it was him.

"It was bad. It was a stink, then he started to play better and I thought he must have needed to get some wind out.

"If somebody has done that they need to see a doctor. Seemingly he says it was me but I would admit it."

No smart fellers but two fart smellers.

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not watched a great deal of it but I haven’t seen Bristow yet either. Maybe they’re saving the big guns for the later rounds. 

Bristow is finished after his controversial comments, Taylor just appears to be a twat who everyone hates but they need some reinforcements.

24 minutes ago, Elite said:

Bristow is finished after his controversial comments, Taylor just appears to be a twat who everyone hates but they need some reinforcements.

I would imagine that unless Sky have found a way of people commentating from beyond the grave that Bristow was finished the day he passed away.